Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Camouflage New Album 2006!!

Agree? Yes No

Default Camouflage New Album 2006!!

Any Camouflage fans out there? They remain in my top 5! Sensor was incredible. Between De/vision, Mesh, and Camouflage, this is shaping up to be a great year for music.

This is kinda old news but just in case some of you don't know...

Here is a translation of a statement posted about a month ago from Heiko on the German forum:

We are still alive, even when things have been very quiet here for quite some time now.

But first .... wishing you a good new Year!

Marcus, Oli and I were together for about 6 weeks prior to Christmas working here in the studio on the new album. We have written and recorded quite a bit together. Now it is my turn to sort everything out, optimize it and get things prepared for the finishing touches.

By the way ... have I already mention that I moved to Berlin which means the entire band is in one city. The last time that happened was more than 12 years ago! I have set up a new studio; the Camouflage Office is located next door. Marcus and Oli have set up workplaces there also - So this is no comparison to the work for Sensor when we saw each other mostly only on weekends.

We are working quite intensively. Lyrics, recordings, and photo sessions for the record have been done. There are requests for concerts in 2006, etc, etc.

The due date for our Promo Cd at SPV is approaching - there is still a lot of work to do.

We will also be updating this website as soon as we are in agreement about the presentation of the new CD.

So for now - until soon!

heiko

Agree? Yes No

This is my most looked forward to release this year. I'm checking the website weekly for news!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Wow great news. I can't wait! 2006 is looking to be the best year in a long time.

I can't remember the same year when we had releases from De/Vision, Mesh, Camouflage and Beborn Beton. That's 4 of my favorite bands.

I'd also like to see a new release from Absorber and Perfidious Worlds, but the above 4 will do just fine.

Agree? Yes No

Oh cool!
    I can't wait for that and for the new OMD too!

xo

Agree? Yes No

...and new PSB!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

So much for saving this year! Hey, I didnt know Beborn Beton was releasing something this year. That should be interesting. It's been a while for them.

When's the OMD release date?

Originally posted by scottym
    Wow great news. I can't wait! 2006 is looking to be the best year in a long time.

I can't remember the same year when we had releases from De/Vision, Mesh, Camouflage and Beborn Beton. That's 4 of my favorite bands.

I'd also like to see a new release from Absorber and Perfidious Worlds, but the above 4 will do just fine.
    Hey Scotty,

Ive never heard of Absorber but the fact that you list them with all these other bands has peaked my interest. I can't seem to find any clips anywhere though. Their site seems to be offline. Any idea where I can hear samples?

Agree? Yes No

I looked as well for samples but could not find any for Absorber. It's one of my favorite discs though.

I also really like Portland, The Eyes of a Stranger cd. Have you heard this one?

http://www.portlandweb.dk/

Do you like Colony 5 and/or Seabound?

Seems as though we enjoy mostly the same style.

Scotty

Agree? Yes No

A new Perfidious Words album would be nice...'Spreading Silence' continues to drain my iPod's battery life.
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: Camouflage New Album 2006!!

Originally posted by NJOberheim
    Any Camouflage fans out there? They remain in my top 5! Sensor was incredible. Between De/vision, Mesh, and Camouflage, this is shaping up to be a great year for music.

This is kinda old news but just in case some of you don't know...
    Wow, I haven't listened to Camouflage since Voices and Images. I would be interested in hearing the new CD.
    Complicating. Circulating.
    Operating. Generating.

Agree? Yes No

So much for saving this year! Hey, I didnt know Beborn Beton was releasing something this year. That should be interesting. It's been a while for them.

When's the OMD release date?
    No Date yet - A friend of mine posted this on my board;

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------
    As previously reported, 2006 could well be the OMD Renaissance year with the reformation of the band now officially announced. To recap, Andy McCluskey, Paul Humphreys, Mal Holmes and Martin Cooper will be returning as OMD with concerts and a new album on the way. Joining them for live shows will be Stuart Kershaw. Here's what's on the schedule:

OMD perform Architecture & Morality live
    A brand new OMD album
    Extensive European tour
    Remastered Dazzle Ships album
    OMD DVD
    Unreleased material album
    --------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: Re: Camouflage New Album 2006!!

Originally posted by chriswdc

Wow, I haven't listened to Camouflage since Voices and Images. I would be interested in hearing the new CD.
    you should check out 'Sonar', it was a really good album
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: Re: Re: Camouflage New Album 2006!!

Originally posted by Crash

you should check out 'Sonar', it was a really good album
    'Sonar'? There is either a Camouflage CD out there that I've never heard of or you meant to say 'Sensor'.

Agree? Yes No

Smile

Originally posted by Dan1boy
    A new Perfidious Words album would be nice...'Spreading Silence' continues to drain my iPod's battery life.
    I hear ya...Excellent CD!
    To get a little taste of the direction of the new 2007 planned cd, check out these snippet links..

http://www.spuriousmusic.com/brandnewday/

Order \"Starting Over\" over at http://www.adifferentdrum.com

Brand New Day - Diverse Electronic Pop.
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Camouflage New Album 2006!!

'Sonar'? There is either a Camouflage CD out there that I've never heard of or you meant to say 'Sensor'.
    Yes, Sensor. it was early! (Although I'm gonna plead dyslexia!)
    People should still check out the album, it's really good...just check the spelling first!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

I'll look into it..I liked what I heard from Camouflage in the past.
    Operating. Generating.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by scottym
    I looked as well for samples but could not find any for Absorber. It's one of my favorite discs though.

I also really like Portland, The Eyes of a Stranger cd. Have you heard this one?

http://www.portlandweb.dk/

Do you like Colony 5 and/or Seabound?

Seems as though we enjoy mostly the same style.

Scotty
    Hey Scott, yeah, we def seem to like a lot of the same stuff.

For some reason, I can't open that porland site.

As far as Seabound or Colony 5, I bought the Beyond FLatline CD from Seabound and couldnt get into it. I must have heard the CD like 5 times and I can't remember a thing about it. I havent bought anything from COlony5 but from what I've heard, they are a little too EBMish for my taste.

If you haven't heard the Perfidious Words "Spreading Silence" CD that Dan1boy mentioned, I think you'll like it!

I'll look into it..I liked what I heard from Camouflage in the past.
    Chris, definetly check out 'Sensor' and 'Bodega Bohemia'. Both great CDs. DO NOT get 'Meanwhile'! Although it has some good tracks, it was their, "hey look at us, we're real musicians because use Guitars!" phase.

Hey Scott, yeah, we def seem to like a lot of the same stuff.

For some reason, I can't open that porland site.

As far as Seabound or Colony 5, I bought the Beyond FLatline CD from Seabound and couldnt get into it. I must have heard the CD like 5 times and I can't remember a thing about it. I havent bought anything from COlony5 but from what I've heard, they are a little too EBMish for my taste.

If you haven't heard the Perfidious Words "Spreading Silence" CD that Dan1boy mentioned, I think you'll like it!

Chris, definetly check out 'Sensor' and 'Bodega Bohemia'. Both great CDs. DO NOT get 'Meanwhile'! Although it has some good tracks, it was their, "hey look at us, we're real musicians because we use Guitars!" phase.

Agree? Yes No

Chris, definetly check out 'Sensor' and 'Bodega Bohemia'. Both great CDs. DO NOT get 'Meanwhile'! Although it has some good tracks, it was their, "hey look at us, we're real musicians because use Guitars!" phase.

Gotcha...I do remember hearing Meanwhile once. I seem to recall liking 2 tracks, "Love Is A Shield" and "Islands", but I don't remember anything about the rest of the CD.
    Operating. Generating.

Agree? Yes No

Gotcha...I do remember hearing Meanwhile once. I seem to recall liking 2 tracks, "Love Is A Shield" and "Islands", but I don't remember anything about the rest of the CD.
    Actually, those 2 tracks are from 'Methods of Silence'. That was their second release and is also very good.

Agree? Yes No

Actually, those 2 tracks are from 'Methods of Silence'. That was their second release and is also very good.
    That was it! Methods of Silence. Thanks for setting me straight.
    Operating. Generating.

Agree? Yes No

Sensor was hands down the best synth album of '03. Their new release is highly, highly anticipated. I should also mention that it's highly anticipated. Yeah.

Thread Information