Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: De/Vision- Subkutan Discussion

Agree? Yes No

Yeah,
    I hated 6 feet underground also. The first part of the album was o.k. but the last part of that CD just blows. Devolution wasn't that good either, just to mediocre. De/Vision has shown everyone what they can do with albums like Monosex, Two and Fairyland, but I think they crank their albums out to fast. They need to spend more time in the studio crafting a song with a great melody rather than just cool sounding blips and beeps.
    Just my opinion though.....
    sptest

Agree? Yes No

Did De/vision produce two different versions of this CD? Well, if that's the case, luckily I happened to get the good version.

I can understand this CD not impressing some, but to say that it "sucks"?

The production on this CD is top notch. There isn't one song on it that I skip. (including the Rock you song!). Is it as good as "Monosex" or "Fairyland"? No. Does it suck because it's not as goos as "Monosex" or "Fairyland"? No.

My only complaint are the lyrics. Something has definetly taken a turn for the worse in that arena and Im not sure why.

So many medicore releases that are praised on this forum yet here is a solid release that reaffirms why I like electronic music and its trashed.

Maybe it just needs some loud screeching noise or some distorted guitar sounds to drown everything else out? Then maybe it will be liked.

Agree? Yes No

lets not forget the cheezy lyrics on the album......
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

There is only one cheesy line on the album and that is the "puke" line. Got to give it to German bands to use the word "puke" in songs lol.. (colony 5 being the other band - or wait, they might not be German but norwegian?)

The rest of the lyrics on Subkutan may be deemed cheesey by you because they are HIGHLY personal.

I often felt as if I was listening to a personal diary. So it at first seems really awkward because it's the sort of thing you don't say to others typically unless they were your BEST friend.

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dingerz
    (colony 5 being the other band - or wait, they might not be German but norwegian?)

Actually, they are Swedish.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Avil

Actually, they are Swedish.
    All the best bands are !
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dingerz
    There is only one cheesy line on the album and that is the "puke" line. Got to give it to German bands to use the word "puke" in songs lol.. (colony 5 being the other band - or wait, they might not be German but norwegian?)

The rest of the lyrics on Subkutan may be deemed cheesey by you because they are HIGHLY personal.

I often felt as if I was listening to a personal diary. So it at first seems really awkward because it's the sort of thing you don't say to others typically unless they were your BEST friend.

Tara
    I gave the album another chance and it did grow a bit more on me....so who knows......but its still a weak album as compared to many of their older stuff.
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

I feel it is better then their other releases in the past few years. So far I like it. I have to say I haven't listened to the lyrics that closely to notice if they are way to cheesy or not.
    \"Need to be proud of what you are...\" - Echo Image

http://spilog.org

Thread Information