Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: De/Vision- Subkutan Discussion

Agree? Yes No

My first impression of Subkutan was disappointment. I'm hoping that it's one of those CD's that "grows on you". I liked their previous album, 6FU, mainly for it's stand-out songs "I'm Not Dreaming of You", and "Unputdownable". Even the catchiest song on Subkutan ("The End") doesn't match up to either of those two songs.
    I'll give it a few more listens, and maybe it will emerge as a good album.

Agree? Yes No

Default good, but not great. Miss the old de/vision

I got Subkutan yestserday from ADD. It's like 6 feet undergournd or Devolution, so it's ok but not great. It's nothing like MONOSEX or TWO, which were their best.
    It's seems to me they're just putting out CD's so quickly without much thought to tune or melody just to make money.
    If they would spend some time actually crafting a song like they use to and put some power house songs on the CD, like MONOSEX, they would probably sell alot more discs.
    Just my opinion though.
    sptest

Agree? Yes No

Who loves Sadness (the sad death of mix)?

Agree? Yes No

Hmmm.. this has all left me very confused, but of course I will buy it regardless. That, and of course the new Mesh. I love them both no matter.. even if it isn't the BEST they ever did..

test

Agree? Yes No

i think what synthpop fans really want is for bands to release albums every 3-4 years... that way they can be rest assured that the band didn't "rush" things... and the album has to sound like their favorite album only better... then they have to tour every inch of the world making sure to stop by their town especially

Agree? Yes No

I posted this in the mesh thread but I'll follow it up in here:

It doesn't surprise me of how people are initially reacting to the new De/Vision album.

When I first heard it I was like "uh?"

I was and still am MADLY in love with 6 Feet Underground.

This album is one that does grow on you, I promise. I found this album was like Devolution for me, only I like it better than Devolution!

But it took a while.. Be patient. And do NOT judge it on what you hear off myspace. I heard the clips for 6 Feet Under when it was about to come out and I explicitly remember saying to my friends at the time "ah, it sounds boring.."

I have to laugh my ass off now cause it is still one of my most heavily rotated albums. (6 Feet Underground)

I suggest everyone go back to Subkutan and listen to these songs:

Addict
    Still Unknown
    My Own Worst Enemy
    Not Made of Gold

All of these are really good. If you don't like any of these after a few listens, then maybe it really isn't your thing. But I still think too many are putting too great an emphasis on the clips they've heard off myspace and in that case, you are NOT doing yourself a favour.

If I did that, I'd be missing out on one of my favourite albums in the past 10 years.. (6 Feet Underground)

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Everyone is wrong. Subkutan is a great album. Very powerful songs such as "Still Unknown" and "Addicted". Of course the first song is trash, and maybe that's why everyone is giving the CD a bad wrap. I don't know what compelled them to write a song "We're gonna rock you", because that's clearly not De/Vision's style. I find this album has immensely more substance than the new Covenant. The album didn't have to grow on me at all, I instantly enjoyed many of the songs. I definitely prefer this album over 6 feet under(which is an album i enjoy) and do not agree that it's in the same style. And I also disagree that it's produced sloppy, I find the production and sound of very high quality. I don't think it's fair to compare it to "Monosex" as that was a phenomenal album, if a CD is half as good as Monosex then it's a good CD.

Do yourself a favor and listen to the songs recommended by the previous poster Dingerz. If you don't like these tracks at all, then maybe De/Vision isn't for you.
    James D. Stark
    Synthpop/Darkwave Artist
    ----\'----,---\'--<@
    http://jamesdstark.com
    http://myspace.com/jamesdstark
    http://www.cdbaby.com/all/jamesdstark

test

Agree? Yes No

glad some people are coming around... Subkutan is a great album

Agree? Yes No

I received mine last week, and I already listen a lot and I really liked! was much more than I expected... IMO is better than the last 3 albums.

Agree? Yes No

I'm starting to like it more and more...as long as I skip the first and last track.

Oh oh! So we were listening to it some more yesterday...and on "e-shock"...the line..."let it come all over you"....is that some sort of dirty innuendo?
    hehehehe
    My wife is going to ask since she talks to the lead singer online.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

I'm glad people are starting to appreciate this album! I like it more and more.
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

I agree this album is awesome!
    I actually like "Subtronic" I guess I think of it more as song that would be really kick ass live! I think it would be a great way for them to start of a show! It's just a fun track with no meaning but really just cool music!

My favs are
    Still Unknown
    Addict
    My Own Worst Enemy
    Not Made Of Gold
    Star Crossed Lovers

I am digging this album way more than "Playing The Angel"
    I actually think I have listened to it more already!
    www.myspace.com/bravenewworldmusic

Agree? Yes No

I already ranked at least three tracks off of this album as some of my de/vision favourites.
    Production of this album as for sound and mixing is awesome in my opinion.
    Is any single expected to be released with this album?
    I think De/Vision or bands like Mesh take so much care when talking about single remixes.Much more than Depeche Mode remixes nowadays.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by haloinreverse
    I already ranked at least three tracks off of this album as some of my de/vision favourites.
    Production of this album as for sound and mixing is awesome in my opinion.
    Is any single expected to be released with this album?
    I think De/Vision or bands like Mesh take so much care when talking about single remixes.Much more than Depeche Mode remixes nowadays.
    I think DM choose remixers who Martin or Mute think is 'cool' at the time, as opposed to who might actually do a good remix. So they can all sit around feeling smug and stroking their beards to their laest minimal techo remix never realising it is actually monotonus and boring!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

I got the album today and honestly it sucks with the exception of the song "addict" that is really reall good. There is a couple of decent track on there but overall....sucks.

I dont see myself busting this CD out again anytime soon
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

Yeah, I'm wondering why so many people are settling for complete mediocrity, especially when it comes to De/Vision. No matter how many times I try to listen to it (Subkutan) and despite some of the bafflingly, head-scratching raves posted here, its still an average, ho-hum record with very few memorable aspects.

Let's resurrect this thread in a month or two and see how many people are still giving it play.
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

Ok...since I got yelled at last night,...let me explain my previous post here.
    When I said I was liking it more and more as long as I skipped tracks,...that was not a posting praising the CD. It's still...eh. So much so that I still like the previous CD a lot better then I do this CD.
    The new one is just..."acceptable" I guess would be the best word to describe it.
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

as long as there is people like us spending money buying "acceptable" music.....bands are not going to put out quality work. I have cut down dramatically on buying music like this....but not sure why I gave in to this and bought it. Complete waste of $$ if you ask me. I only did cause it was De/Vision.
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

I bought it because I like it

test

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Crash

I think DM choose remixers who Martin or Mute think is 'cool' at the time, as opposed to who might actually do a good remix. So they can all sit around feeling smug and stroking their beards to their laest minimal techo remix never realising it is actually monotonus and boring!
    No, Martin chooses artists that he likes. He's really into the minimal techno scene right now. I find it very interesting that Dave's song was remixed by artists that Martin is into. I wonder why he chose the ones he chose? No, this isn't a slam on Dave Gahan, so don't read anything into this.

I have given up on De/Vision. I hated 6 Feet Underground. I won't buy anymore of their releases.

Thread Information