Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Covenant?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Kirlian Blue
    Pulse is an amazing track. I love it. Its not dead stars apart form the sing along pose in the mirror quality of the track. And its not weak in my opinion , its very catchy. The chorus makes it a clear single choice... Its a sing along track which i will be sticking in many dj sets. It has that british electro vibe which i love deeply...
    Its the chorus structure that pisses me off. Its lifted right out of dead stars.

and by weak.. i mean lame.

:-\

test

Agree? Yes No

I'd rather listen to Pulse than Dead Stars though... I thought Dead Stars was beyond cheesy and pretty unbearable to listen to

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by PTInc

Its the chorus structure that pisses me off. Its lifted right out of dead stars.

and by weak.. i mean lame.

:-\
    its not lame its a single all over..that is brit style single if you dont like it obvioulsy thats your choice, i just think the chorus is great why change a formula that works...dead stars was a huge hit..it was perfect single...still overplayed becuase it fills floors im sure if either i or you woite a floorkiller we would use that method again as it works.. Im very club oreinatted when I write music these days becuase thats where you get heard not online radio. Covenant have sense ...

early 80's classics in Britain had those style chorus's.. probaly why they we're such big hits... gary numan - cars... says it all really you cnat go wrong with somthing so simple..nothing lame in that
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

I never really understood why Dead Stars was the biggest hit off of USoM. Don't get me wrong, I like the track, but there are far better and clubbier tracks on there.
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

I still rate Dead Stars as my favorite song released in the year 2000. yes it has been overplayed and I don't really need to hear it every time I got to a club, but I still find it a fantastic song.

Agree? Yes No

I think the album as a whole is pretty weak as far as listening goes..
    Like, I'd dance to the album, and it'd be fun...

But its not an album I'd sit and listen to.

The album, though... sounds terribly half assed. There is only compression on the vocals (most of the time) and it also sounds like they did one take and then said it we'll just make do with what we've already got. The vocals need a LITTLE bit of REVERB or SOMETHING...

And the pitch... [shudder] flat flat flat...
    it gets better as the album progresses...

But still...

Thats my 2 cents.

Agree? Yes No

My take: Not as good as 'Northern Light', which I think is probably the best "future"pop album ever, but it's good.

I can't believe that I like 'Happy Man' as much as I do considering it's so thick with the synth-cheese... but dammit it's so catchy.

'Greater than the sun' and 'The word is growing loud' are standout tracks for me. Definitely worth buying... which I will do once it's available.
    Eric Goedken
    Null Device
    www.nulldevice.com
    www.nilaihah.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by goedley
    I can't believe that I like 'Happy Man' as much as I do considering it's so thick with the synth-cheese... but dammit it's so catchy.
    I know, you can't help but like it!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Hmmm.. Well, i've finally obtained a copy of the promo, and i have to say; i'm not all that impressed.. It is definately below par when put side to side to Dreams of a Cryotank, Europa or even USOM..

20 Hz isn't that bad..
    Pulse.. Eh I'm not impressed
    Feedback I actually like..
    Ritual Noise .. It seems extremely flat.
    Spindrift is rather interesting.. I like the whole tribal feel of it.

I know that isn't all the tracks.. However my point seems clear.. While it isn't half bad, it is horrid in contrast with Covenant's previous cds.

All in all, i'll probably end up buying it anyways..
    When a artist paints, they dip their brush in their soul, and with that they can paint life with all its vivid colors and aspects.

Agree? Yes No

Well, I listened to it some more and Ritual Noise is just way too repetitive for my tastes. Pulse just never really gets started in any direction...it just drifts and never escalates. 20hz is a decent track and sounds a little similar to Bullet. The only song that I really like is Brave New World. The piano melody in that song is really catchy.

Other than those songs I mentioned, I found myself skipping over everything else. They were either too flat and repetitive or made me sleepy. I just found a lot of the tracks at the end to go nowhere.

Agree? Yes No

Thats two people to say Covenant makes them sleepy! Maybe there is some subliminal stuff going on there, send you to sleep then sell you sharp suits or somthing. Something evil geniusesq!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Make that 3 people Crash. Did the same to me. I a step back or two from Northern Light.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

I'll buy it and I'll see them 4 times when they come to the states, they should be touring with Rotersand.
    DJ Arcatek

Agree? Yes No

Oh..they are? Well damn. I'll be at that show too. :-)
    Not four times though.
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

make that 4 people.. Some of the songs i had to fight myself from either going to sleep or hitting the skip button >_<
    When a artist paints, they dip their brush in their soul, and with that they can paint life with all its vivid colors and aspects.

Agree? Yes No

The most aggravating part of this was that they posted song loops on their website up until recently that were absolutely BRILLIANT...and maybe one or two of those songs are anywhere on this CD, and NONE of them mirrored Dead Stars. It's quite a shame; I've waited so long.... *sniff!*

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by fritter242
    The most aggravating part of this was that they posted song loops on their website up until recently that were absolutely BRILLIANT...and maybe one or two of those songs are anywhere on this CD, and NONE of them mirrored Dead Stars. It's quite a shame; I've waited so long.... *sniff!*
    Just close your eyes to track two and you can sing dead stars to the chorus.

Agree? Yes No

Make that 5 people. Outside of "Dead Stars", I've always had a heck of a time staying awake through a Covenant album. Heck... saw them in concert here in Detroit with And One a few years back, and I had the same problem!

-mark
    mark nicholas
    info@marknicholas.org
    http://www.marknicholas.org
    http://www.myspace.com/marknicholasmusic
    I felt like a bit of a poser using the name Cosmicity. So, now I\'m just using my name. -Me

Agree? Yes No

Maybe we're all still in the Cryotank? Or Covenant are?
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

I'll still smack down my $9.99 for it on iTunes since Metro is releasing it Stateside. I'm an all-digital kind of guy now. CD? What's that exactly?

Covenant is too important a band to not support. Sadly, unlike the new De/Vision album.

Now, I gotta figure out what to do about the Mesh record...aargh!
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Thread Information