Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New MESH Album- WE COLLIDE

Agree? Yes No

Default New MESH Album- WE COLLIDE

I'm sure most of you have seen this...

http://www.mesh.co.uk/wecollide.htm

The official "we collide" site for Mesh's upcoming album. I am STOKED! Based on the sample tracks, the album sounds hot!
    e n d o r a : chicago-based synthpop
    info@endpop.com
    www.endpop.com

test

Agree? Yes No

unfortunately the album leaked last week and now it's spread all over the internet

i feel bad considering that it's not even released for two more months

Agree? Yes No

I got a leaked copy of it, and I'll be buying it the day it comes out for sure...This album is summing up to be their best yet...Anthemic choruses track for track from the first five or so I've listened to
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

so what do you think?

Originally posted by Joel
    unfortunately the album leaked last week and now it's spread all over the internet

i feel bad considering that it's not even released for two more months
    e n d o r a : chicago-based synthpop
    info@endpop.com
    www.endpop.com

test

Agree? Yes No

well, most who know me well know that Mesh is not my favorite band in the world... I have always thought that they were better than most of the synthpop bands out there but not nearly as good as they should be, all things considered

my opinion is that this is the most accessible album so far... i actually made it all the way through the album twice without turning it off

the other opinions i've heard is that this is a really safe album for Mesh, they didn't push any boundaries... i don't know about that because i don't know what kind of boundaries they could've pushed... but i thought the album sounded pretty good

all that being said, i won't be listening to it in a month... but not because it's a bad album.. it's just because i have a huge stack of records i'd rather listen to

most synthpop fans will love the album

Agree? Yes No

I have heard the album and it looks like it's gonna be, to me, the best thing they have done since In This Place Forever!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Im personly waiting for a Fraglile V2. Im a huge fan of that first album . Is this new one produced by gareth jones john foxx's sound engineer in very early 80's/also dm production guy? As long as they ahvent done a devision and just got pure bland bubblegum pop on there new album I will buy this.

Hopefully it has a club hit it can spawn as good as trust you/you didnt want me as theres been nothing since apart from remixs of Freinds Like These played in clubs .

Hope they sell well..
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

I'm sure it will do well in clubs...The opening track alone has a chorus as anthemic as anything I've ever heard...It's really catchy and club friendly...
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Kirlian Blue
    Is this new one produced by gareth jones john foxx's sound engineer in very early 80's/also dm production guy? As long as they ahvent done a devision and just got pure bland bubblegum pop on there new album
    I wouldn't say De/Vision's new album was bubblegum pop!
    And, yes, the new Mesh is co-produced by Gareth Jones
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

I've just listened through it once and I really need to give it one or five more listens before I say something. But it sounds pretty ok so far, even though I don't understand the last two tracks (if you can call Untitled a track - what is it??)

/Christina

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Crash

I wouldn't say De/Vision have new album was bubblegum pop!
    And, yes, the new Mesh is co-produced by Gareth Jones

Recent De/Vision just is not my thing its not doing anything for my ears and its pretty bland. They done some great stuff in past but latest release is nothing special.
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

I got Mesh when it leaked too. I am a huge fan of them so I am going to be bias.
    I think it is a continuation of the way they are moving in music. I seems a lot fuller and richer. There are no real suprises. As Joel syas they aren;t pushing any boundaries, but as, for me at least, Mesh are a fantastic band, I think more of the same is a good thing.

There are lots of darker bands out there. And more poppy bands. Mesh are Mesh and seem to have their own sound.
    Highlights ofr me (and these have changed with each listen) are Step By Step, Petrified and Room With A View.
    I come from the DM side of this music and love great melodies and harmonies. Mesh seem to have captured that. Each song seems to change tack halfway through and once the harmonies kick in they move to a different level.
    Well at least I am a happy guy with this release (leak)
    I\'ll be your operator baby,
    I\'m in control

Agree? Yes No

what DVD is that? that will come with the album in a limited edition.... anyone know?

Agree? Yes No

I saw the new Mesh leak too on a P2P. Such a shame. Won't even preview it. I can wait until March. Mesh are worth it.

That being said, I did preview De/Vision's newest and it's awful. At least P2P saved me 14 of my well-earned dollars. De/Vision, as much of a fan as I used to be, need to simply retire. It's over. And I'm sad to say that. Really.
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dan1boy
    That being said, I did preview De/Vision's newest and it's awful. At least P2P saved me 14 of my well-earned dollars. De/Vision, as much of a fan as I used to be, need to simply retire. It's over. And I'm sad to say that. Really.
    What's the matter with me? I seem to be the only person in the world who likes the new De/Vision!
    I agree it's nowhere near their old stuff but it was on my mp3 player for a long journey and has grown on me.
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

I think the new Mesh is the best album I have heard in ages.As for the new DeVision, what a let down!

Agree? Yes No

Wish I could hear the new De/Vision.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

I liked the new De/Vision but I haven't really thought any of their albums have been great lately.

As for the new Mesh, I love it. Initially I liked it more then I liked Who Watches Over Me when it first came out, but that album really grew on me. So we'll have to see where this release sits in my Mesh pecking order.

I wish both the new Mesh and De/Vision albums had more club friendly songs. Mesh has a couple, with the first track and Crash. But De/Vision really has none...at least considering what usually gets played here in the Vegas clubs.
    Kris \'Destral\' Wilke
    kris@destral.net
    www.destral.net

Agree? Yes No

Default I like the new De/Vision

I too like the new De/Vision. I caught almost every track from their myspace and I was pleasantly surprised by the results. IMO their past few releases just didn't have enough punch or hooks to keep my attention. I'm not saying that I didn't like some songs from each but my favorite De/Vision discs would be:

Monosex and Fairyland

2006 looks great with the new De/Vision, Mesh and with Beborn Beton hopefully on the way soon I couldn't ask for too much else this year.

Oh wait maybe I can with the new Provision release as well.

test

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dan1boy
    excuse me if i don't agree with you

the new De/vision album is fantastic... just as good as their last two albums

and they wouldn't retire anyway even if the album sucked so that's just a ridiculous comment

Thread Information