Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's In Your CD Player? (January Edition)

Agree? Yes No

Today it's:

Alice In Videoland/Outrageous
    Autoclav 1.1/You Are All My And More
    Pneumatic Detach/Viscera

Rivetmike

test

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by rivetmike
    Pneumatic Detach/Viscera
    they have a remix album coming out this year

Agree? Yes No

Future Retro - various Artists
    Cocteau Twins - Lullabies to Violane
    Pride & Fall - Elements of Silence
    Rammstein - Rosenrot
    Covenant - Ritual Noise CD5

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Tekkrokk
    Future Retro - various Artists
    I REALLY love that Sparks remix of Suedehead, but some of those remixes should have been better then they are... Not sure what I was expecting, but some of those tracks seemed "typical"

Agree? Yes No

hey now, no bagging on Future Retro boo...someone we both know very well worked his azz off for a long time compiling, producing and then releasing that album after a bunch of delays...I've had the promo since Sept/Oct and it was so frustrating to see it (official release) pushed back and back...
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

Dude, im not raggin on it...
    Some of the remixes aren't what i expected is all i said
    It's not like he personally remixed the songs LOL

If I had a copy of the cd to listen to instead of the listening party I had to stream online I would be able to live with the music and make a better judgement

Agree? Yes No

It's obvious some remixers just don't know how to remix. That's all I'll say about future retro. I'm just shocked when remixes sound tone deaf to the original song.
    Brand New Idol
    Listen to our music - Click Here
    http://www.brandnewidol.com
    http://www.mp3.com/brandnewidol (R.I.P.)
    http://www.nysynthpop.com

Agree? Yes No

Seeing as your all talking about it, can one of you lot give me the low down on Future Retro 'cos I was gonna to order it, it looks wicked, but your talking like it's a bit so so.
    So what's it like, I was particularly interested in Way Out West/E&TB, New Order/Crystal Method and the Alphaville Remix...are they any good?
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Daft Monk posted this link http://www.rock-is-life.com/multimedia.htm in his myspace blog - it's a stream of the comp that was used for a listening party. Just scroll down the page a bit to get to it.

You can judge for yourself before you buy...
    xo

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Tekkrokk

Rammstein - Rosenrot
    Is Rosenrot any better than Reise Reise? It was ok... nothing spectacular when compared to their earlier albums.

test

Agree? Yes No

the Richard X remix of Situation was badass I thought...

i liked several of the remixes enough to say that it's definitely worth buying even if some of the tracks aren't perfect

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    Daft Monk posted this link http://www.rock-is-life.com/multimedia.htm in his myspace blog - it's a stream of the comp that was used for a listening party. Just scroll down the page a bit to get to it.

You can judge for yourself before you buy...
    xo
    Will do, thanks!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Reise, Reise had a couple of good tracks. Rosenrot might have one. Maybe.

/Christina

Originally posted by PTInc

Is Rosenrot any better than Reise Reise? It was ok... nothing spectacular when compared to their earlier albums.

Agree? Yes No

Default Future Retro

I'm glad you like most of the mixes. The difficult thing with this project was trying to make it musically diverse while retaining the integrity of the originals. There are a few tracks I was a bit disappointed with and more that really surprised me.
    One of my favorite mixes is the Richard X mix of Bizarre Love Triangle which is on the vinyl version. Unfortunately we had to leave off a killer mix of "Take On Me" by DJ Hyper due to politics.

I'm just glad that after working on this for two years it's finally out. Dan will attest to the frustration of seeing it get bumped several times. Of course now I'd love to do a volume 2 with mixes by artists like Soulwax, Erol Alken, Phones, Ellen Allien, M.A.N.D.Y., etc... so hopefully people will pick this one up.

Hope you enjoy it - I'd love to hear more feedback.
    Thanks,
    Craig

test

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: Future Retro

Originally posted by PersonaMusic
    Of course now I'd love to do a volume 2 with mixes by artists like Soulwax, Erol Alken, Phones, Ellen Allien, M.A.N.D.Y., etc... so hopefully people will pick this one up.
    all of those folks are excellent remixers... you should also get one done by Digitalism, Morgan Geist, & I Am X

can we hear that DJ Hyper remix?

Agree? Yes No

Just listened to the stream, it is a bit hit and miss, but I think the hit outweighs the miss, I will be ordering it. Richard X's Yazoo was brilliant, I also liked Way Out Weast's and Peter Black & Hardrock Striker's efforts, some of them just wern't trying though. *cough*INXS*cough*, *cough*Erasure*cough*...but you can't please everyone.
    Overall I liked it, enough to buy it anyway!

Slightly off topic, I have, oddly, never got round to asking anyone this...why was Yazoo called Yaz in the US?, was there already a band called Yazoo?, I heard a rumor that it was a deliberate makteting decision...surley not?
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

In the U.S. there was an old Blues label called Yazoo so legally they had to change the name to Yaz in the U.S...

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by PersonaMusic
    In the U.S. there was an old Blues label called Yazoo so legally they had to change the name to Yaz in the U.S...
    Fair enough.
    Crash

Thread Information