Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So where did everyone go?

Agree? Yes No

Default So where did everyone go?

I pretty much left the electro boards after this site went down..

1. where did you go?
    2. where the other sites as good as this one was?
    e n d o r a : chicago-based synthpop
    info@endpop.com
    www.endpop.com

Agree? Yes No

Hey ...

Well, I went over to Kiss My Asterix (now down), then to Slothradio (now down), and then to Section 44 (still up) ... but it's just not been the same. I miss this place, I still even have some of the old threads archived in case they were lost forever!

Agree? Yes No

Yeah, I did a little exploration too. The other boards just didn't do anything for me though, so I just faded away. The other forums didn't have any personality. I certainly never thought I'd see Electrogarden again.
    Cheetah

Agree? Yes No

I made the jump to the KMA forums, then ElectroNode when Jeff took it over, then to Synthpop.net when that went down, then Sloth Radio, I'm still over at Bim Factor every now and then, and Section 44 of course

But I'm happy to be back home
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

I went to KMA and it was fun but then it went down. After that I just was going to give up on forums, but now EGN, the best, is back, and so am I!
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Talking

Gone. Section 44 belatedly. We're back!

Agree? Yes No

Everywhere and nowhere. Didn't find my place. Maybe S44, but nothing compares to this.

Agree? Yes No

I dont know why t hose other forums went down... I am very familiar with the phpbb and vbulliten sotware. Sersiously, it does not take that much bandwidth to keep these sites up! And as long as you or someone updates the software, the site is pretty much managable with a few moderators. I just dont understand why everyone thinks there needs to be a million features.

Originally posted by melibita
    I went to KMA and it was fun but then it went down. After that I just was going to give up on forums, but now EGN, the best, is back, and so am I!
    e n d o r a : chicago-based synthpop
    info@endpop.com
    www.endpop.com

Agree? Yes No

I also did the KMA, Electronode, Slothradio, BIMfactor, Section44 thingy. I agree though, something was always missing on the other sites. I still intend to visit BIM and 44 but hopefully this place will contunue where it left off. Well, except for some of the drama.

Agree? Yes No

I was lost in a quandary. Stifled by confusion and disappointment, I searched in vain for a new community...a safe haven for synthpop. Mired in a seemingly endless sojourn, until a bright beacon appeared in my email. I followed the light and it led me here, back home where we all belong.
    Complicating. Circulating.
    Operating. Generating.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by synth19
    I dont know why t hose other forums went down... I am very familiar with the phpbb and vbulliten sotware. Sersiously, it does not take that much bandwidth to keep these sites up! And as long as you or someone updates the software, the site is pretty much managable with a few moderators. I just dont understand why everyone thinks there needs to be a million features.

I went to KMA/ElectroNode, then to Slothradio, and then Section 44. As for why they shut some of those down...If you missed the thing with ElectroNode, you didn't miss much (bleh!), and Slothdog wanted to spend more time with his family, so he shut his forums down. Still planning to check in at S44 (I lurk there all the time, actually), but like so many others have said, there just wasn't anything else quite like this place. About the features...this is just my opinion, but I liked seeing the interviews and having the music listening section. It was how I really got into the synthpop scene to begin with, considering that mainstream media doesn't really look at any of this type of music at all anymore...
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Like so many others, I went to KMA/ElectroNode, and from there to SideLine. I was haunting Sloth under a pseudonym for a while, and then found Section 44. I'll probably be balanced between them for a while. I'll have to see.

I also spend a lot of time at a Japanese network site called Mixi which is pretty cool. It's kind of like Friendster, though I was never into that, nor invited to join.
    A04 of SoundMine, self-proclaimed electromilitant

Agree? Yes No

I went the KMA/Electronode route for a while, as well, but when that shut down I didn't really go anywhere. I've been somewhat active in forums for Depeche Mode, Anything Box, Dead Can Dance, and Assemblage 23. I've posted very regularly on the Straight Dope Message Boards and I'm visible on Myspace (and friends with some people from here, as well).
    \"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.\"
    - Homer Simpson

Agree? Yes No

personally, i have never been much of a forum person (chatty and what not) .. EGN has really been the only foum i participated in - thanks to vlad - I did peak in on S44 and felt a good vibe there, think it was all the familiar names

to echo the sentiment; i am glad EGN is back. Even if i don't post every day (or every week for that matter), i am here and you guys have my support.
    it\'s a pleasure to be here
    and an honour to meet you ...

Agree? Yes No

i went here and there also for a while, but it was easier for me to start my own forum (BimFactor) since i already had a site and plenty of bandwith i was happy to be able to stay in touch with a bunch of great peeps from here!

xo

Agree? Yes No

Talking

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    i went here and there also for a while, but it was easier for me to start my own forum (BimFactor) since i already had a site and plenty of bandwith i was happy to be able to stay in touch with a bunch of great peeps from here!

xo
    Apart from Here/44 and Bimfactor I was banned everywhere else
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Slothradio was my main hangout until they went down and Section 44 took over, then i went there, but occasionally checked out other forums such as KMA/Electronode, sideline, synthpop.net, toast hawaii (until the forums went away there)...

But this place was my absolute favorite when it was up originally, and glad its back..
    I cant wait til the music here gets upgraded and they accept new music and new bands to add to the big list already..
    To get a little taste of the direction of the new 2007 planned cd, check out these snippet links..

http://www.spuriousmusic.com/brandnewday/

Order \"Starting Over\" over at http://www.adifferentdrum.com

Brand New Day - Diverse Electronic Pop.
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

Agree? Yes No

Finally figured out my old password!

hehe..
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

STYLE single coming out in 2006.

CD # 2, coming out in early 2007.

Agree? Yes No

I am at S44, Side-line ocasionally and the Spanish forums at Edicion Limitada....
    Costa Rica Synthfest, April 1st 06
    www.crsynthfest.com

Agree? Yes No

its amazing how much traffic this forum is getting again

I am so happy
    Shervin

Thread Information