Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please, people...

Agree? Yes No

Default Please, people...

Hi, You all know me as Sneaky. Some of you know me as the gothic Sneaky. I have something to say... It's not about the EGN going away, KMA, or sissypop.net (J/K).

When you're trying to pick up a 'Goth', "so... you're goth..." is NOT a good pick up line.

Why I bring this up:
    It's actualy been bothering me for a while today. I left my house for a bit, and this group of girls was looking at me, and I overheard a little bit of their conversation. Mostly them trying to get one of the others to go say hi to me. That turned into 'go try to get in his pants'... So the one finaly comes over to me and says "So... you're goth, huh..." I couldn't say anything. Here's a picture of how I normaly dress... today is basicaly the same thing, but I have an all black t-shirt on over the fishnet.
    Go buy a box of straws and suck it the f**k up!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y207/Akisu_kyuuketsuki/

Agree? Yes No

Purrrrrrdy.
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Hehe... Thank you... (I'm all red now...)

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

make your hair longer in the front...
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

Agree? Yes No

so sneaky ... guess you're gothic, huh?
    it\'s a pleasure to be here
    and an honour to meet you ...

Agree? Yes No

is that white powder on yr face...if so lose it. it looks better natural.

AND ARE THOSE FANGS?!
    the music will blind you

Agree? Yes No

oh to be 14 again....
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

I dont know, that will get you laid right?

j.k....
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

Agree? Yes No

So why make yourself so Delightfully "Hot Topic" . I think I have this horrible problem with people when they think they're dressing goth.

2 entries found for goths.
    goth ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gth)
    n.
    A style of rock music that often evokes bleak, lugubrious imagery.
    A performer or follower of this style of music.

-taken from dictionary.com

Why must you be a follower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Develop you're own いいing style Sneaky!!!!!!!!!
    I'm sorry but it bugs me, I think Most of you are intelligent enough to have figured out that dressing a certain image is nonetheless pathetic. I adore those that I cannot figure out by subjecting them to a typical image. Why do you do this to yourself. are you trying to impress 12 year old girls that listen to Korn and linkin park? You're skin and bones, pick up a weight or two or maybe a tub of creatine with a couple of hamburgers before you wear fishnet shirts. I love fishnet, when its on womens' legs not on a skeletons chest. I'm not trying to offend you I know this is rude and will piss you off along with many others for my remarks, but dude! c'mon. Don't limit your self to a pair of pants and black shirt. Get creative with your image. what you're doing has been done and is over with.

I apologize for my opinion for it may seem a bit harsh.

いい When will people understand.... I'm already dead.
    Why do we force ourselves to have an appearence of one to justify what we adore?

Agree? Yes No

woo hoo!!!! i am also dead ... again

Agree? Yes No

Lol, I don't dress to 'impress' anyone. I have no one to impress, let alone a reason to do so. And I don't shop at hot topic too often. Mostly ordering stuff from online.

Yes, they're fangs, and yes they're sharp. I bit my tongue earlier... it bled...

I'm not 14.

Agree? Yes No

Don't you catch a chill in that top? Nah, mesh is great, I'd have to confess to owning similar things. Wouldn't say I was *goth* though.
    Argh it burns!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Sd.I.R.O.M
    So why make yourself so Delightfully "Hot Topic" . I think I have this horrible problem with people when they think they're dressing goth.

n.

Develop you're own いいing style Sneaky!!!!!!!!!
    I'm sorry but it bugs me, I think Most of you are intelligent enough to have figured out that dressing a certain image is nonetheless pathetic. I adore those that I cannot figure out by subjecting them to a typical image. Why do you do this to yourself. are you trying to impress 12 year old girls that listen to Korn and linkin park? You're skin and bones, pick up a weight or two or maybe a tub of creatine with a couple of hamburgers before you wear fishnet shirts. I love fishnet, when its on womens' legs not on a skeletons chest. I'm not trying to offend you I know this is rude and will piss you off along with many others for my remarks, but dude! c'mon. Don't limit your self to a pair of pants and black shirt. Get creative with your image. what you're doing has been done and is over with.

いい When will people understand.... I'm already dead.
    Um..not to be an ass but your critique was a bit harsh AND all over the place, not to mention presumptuous. Cut the guy a little slack and please post a pic of you so he can see just exactly how one such as yourself has created your own unique style and fashion. Chances are it's not so maybe get off the high horse.
    If I was you and I read your post I would presume your neck is bigger than your head from all that weight lifting, you have "issues" with men dressing feminine, you know exactly what apparently is fresh, new and exciting in fashion today, and you have a unique way of making a person feel great about themselves.

But I am not you...so I'll say this...don't limit yourself to tearing a person apart based solely on appearance and stating you have all the answers to what you think are faults. You just might find yourself not having to apologize for statements as your saying them.

Styk

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Ztrobe
    Don't you catch a chill in that top? Nah, mesh is great, I'd have to confess to owning similar things. Wouldn't say I was *goth* though.
    Quite comfortable, isn't it! Except when your keychain... or just chain... get stuck in it, lol!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Sd.I.R.O.M

n.

Develop you're own ????ing style Sneaky!!!!!!!!!

???? When will people understand.... I'm already dead.

BRAVO! EGN couldn't go away without a dumb post...

you need tissues for your issues!
    www.souvenirrecords.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Sneaky

Quite comfortable, isn't it! Except when your keychain... or just chain... get stuck in it, lol!
    Never had keychains stuff in it. Had bondage straps though
    Argh it burns!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Styk

Um..not to be an ass but your critique was a bit harsh AND all over the place, not to mention presumptuous. Cut the guy a little slack and please post a pic of you so he can see just exactly how one such as yourself has created your own unique style and fashion. Chances are it's not so maybe get off the high horse.
    If I was you and I read your post I would presume your neck is bigger than your head from all that weight lifting, you have "issues" with men dressing feminine, you know exactly what apparently is fresh, new and exciting in fashion today, and you have a unique way of making a person feel great about themselves.

But I am not you...so I'll say this...don't limit yourself to tearing a person apart based solely on appearance and stating you have all the answers to what you think are faults. You just might find yourself not having to apologize for statements as your saying them.

Styk
    When you look at a group of people and you see a variety of styles you glance at the person looking goth. what's a persons first thought? Evil right, unless youre already familiar with the scene you will think he's probably nice. Vampires are evil. Why do you succumb to this image that represents someone who is mean. is it a cry for attention? Does it make people fear you, do you want people to fear you?

Ok, so what would you like me to do when someone dresses that way. You're asking for a critique when doing so. People judge others with no effort whatsoever to consider the other persons feelings. just as I have done. perhaps a little reality will be convincing. The reason my last post was thrown together is because it would've been quite lengthy and no one would have read it.

Just because you listen to music labeled as "Goth" doesn't mean you should label yourself as one.

About myself. I dress mainy in clothes that I myself create. however Im too embarassed to take pictures of myself wearing those articles of clothing. I have a picture of myself making a stupid face wearing a black undershirt and jeans. I try to astonish people with my personality and not so much my appearence because I want to have friends that dont see me from the outside, meaning What I wear they cannot judge my preferences and likes and dislikes and so on. I don't expect one specific type of friend that I see so many people doing nowadays. example...All punks hang out with punks...All idie rock kids hang out with...Do you see where Im going? I want variety in life.

Maintaining a particular image gets boring and Im trying to influence people to be extrodinarily creative with their image, even if it means to be boring. I don't have any problems with men dressing feminine, infact I dress feminine at times. I have plenty of gay friends that come to me for advice on fashion and they end up wearing fishnet in a color other then black.

Why are most male hair dressers bald? Why are most fashion designers incapable of dressing themselves unique?

Why do broke men wear suits? why do wealthy men wear beat up jeans and t-shirts?

those are questions that can relate to what I'm saying, you figure it out.

Trends! yeay いいing trends.

And sneaky you are trying to impress people. you wouldnt dress like that and add fangs if you werent. Please dont feed me your BS.

So I have a slight education in design, perhaps the reason for my rebellion on stereotypes. The way you dress has everything to do with yourself. Its an expression yes, so why give out yourself through the clothes you wear.
    Why do we force ourselves to have an appearence of one to justify what we adore?

Agree? Yes No

... because we all know that Sd.I.R.O.M is the captain of the fashion police.
    If I wore a potato sack and felt comfortable, I would.
    J

Agree? Yes No

i hear hounds tooth plaid is back

i don't think you should start a topic like this and post such a picture unless you were willingly opening yourself up for comments. that is what he wanted right?
    it\'s a pleasure to be here
    and an honour to meet you ...

Agree? Yes No

the people who judge are the ones with the real problems ... who cares what someone looks like

Thread Information