Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please, people...

Agree? Yes No

I wasn't starting a war, although those can be damn fun, in fact to a degree I don't really care one way or the other. Everyone is welcome to their opinion. If one chooses to post a pic they should certainly expect some feedback whether flattering or not. My point was a little tact when giving feedback could have certainly been used. And if it's not then THAT person should certainly expect some feedback. It wasn't what was said but how. Nothing wrong with a reality check...just don't be a dick about it. But hey whatever....

In typically "goth" behavior I'll let apathy end my comments...I don't really care...the guy can dress whatever way he wants as can all of us...either your a decent person or not. I just choose not to make a BFD out of how someone is dressed to begin with and I try not to make assumptions.

Styk

Agree? Yes No

... come on, to some degree: appearance = perception

(and that's not necessarily judgement, is it?)
    it\'s a pleasure to be here
    and an honour to meet you ...

Agree? Yes No

lol That was a funny story Sneak. People sometimes will try to start a conversation with me around the same thing, about "goth." It is easy to say "I am not goth, but I am into synthpop." I am a geek even among them. But all in good fun my friends.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

I guess I come from a surrounding where people are full of ¤¤¤¤. Include me in that catagory because all I wanted was to start a debate. Just like styk said..."I wasn't starting a war, although those can be damn fun.." The sole purpose of my interrogations. However, now I have ruined my stubborn actions by admiting to it. No one really wanted to get into it with me. Styk nearly was upset with my profound words. Only for comotion.

On a serious note, I do have a degree in design and people come to me for bizarre infuenced styles. Im like a stylist that doesnt get paid. I would like to own a shop in Hollywood selling all types of clothing, anywhere from urban to Japanese inspired to goth to clothes made from synthetic materials and lastly clothes that bare the private parts of us.

I thought the route of "goth" was to be sad and angry at world and sometimes desire for someone with similar interests. Did you want people to hear you out? How could apathy end your comments if you chose to reply?

Fashion Police! haha, that is funny.

It was all for a kick, Styk.

Originally posted by Ashe
    the people who judge are the ones with the real problems ... who cares what someone looks like
    Everyone does it. Whether it be from a comment or simply the way you looked at them, you are judging.

We judge unaware when we are actually commiting ourselves to doing so.

Don't try to tell me that you don't judge people because you already did with your statement.

just read it over....People who....Real problems.
    now you're judging people that judge others.
    Its a ¤¤¤¤ed up concept but you have realize, it will never go away.
    Why do we force ourselves to have an appearence of one to justify what we adore?

Agree? Yes No

I wish people could dress the way they want to without fear of reprisal (maybe in a perfect world). Someone may wear something that is not of my taste, who cares.

Sneaky all the power to you my man, you are certainly an individual and I find that admirable.
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well I’m better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I can’t compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

Amen

people from another planet living on earth today.....

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: Please, people...

Originally posted by Sneaky
    Hi, You all know me as Sneaky. Some of you know me as the gothic Sneaky. I have something to say... It's not about the EGN going away, KMA, or sissypop.net (J/K).

When you're trying to pick up a 'Goth', "so... you're goth..." is NOT a good pick up line.

Why I bring this up:
    It's actualy been bothering me for a while today. I left my house for a bit, and this group of girls was looking at me, and I overheard a little bit of their conversation. Mostly them trying to get one of the others to go say hi to me. That turned into 'go try to get in his pants'... So the one finaly comes over to me and says "So... you're goth, huh..." I couldn't say anything. Here's a picture of how I normaly dress... today is basicaly the same thing, but I have an all black t-shirt on over the fishnet.
    Ha! I remember my first beer.....
    \"Is that gasoline I smell?\" - The Crow

Agree? Yes No

"Judge a book not by it's cover, but by the contents inside."....(so they say)

So then tell me, why are most human beings so petty and ignorant?

Elevate your mind! Each person must find their own path in this life and come to whatever ends meant for them! To each their own and with that, leave them be! Do yourself a favour and do not be so quick to join the hedonistic masses in the judging game!
    \"You gave away your life\'s grace. I cannot protect you any more!\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Sd.I.R.O.M

On a serious note, I do have a degree in design
    When I finish my Masters in Nursing, and I go around passing out medical advice, please stab me until I die.
    J

Agree? Yes No

I say from now on, everyone just put a ban on all clothes. Just walk around in the buff. Oh wait..then I'd be classified as a nudist.
    Komm zur Sache!!!!

Agree? Yes No

I will say something here. Dress the way you like. OK.

What I despise is that in the late 80s, to be goth you had to scour racks in thrift shops. People found interesting things in grannie's closet. They dyed things. Now, it seems that if you don't shop in in the places that bear the 'goth approved' seal, you don't quite make the cut. Pleeease. Put strips of reflective tape onto a pair of baggy pants and call it industrial club fashion? I don't think so...but unfortunately a lot of people do.

I wouldn't look good in mesh of fishnet. You don't want to see me in either. Trust me. But I did wear not but underwear and raingear at a particular event (stuff doesn't breath -nearly killed me).

Be creative. It's much more fun and makes for better conversation.

Q: So you're goth, huh?
    A: I don't know. Which answer will get you into bed with me?
    A04 of SoundMine, self-proclaimed electromilitant

Agree? Yes No

[b] Did you want people to hear you out? How could apathy end your comments if you chose to reply?

Fashion Police! haha, that is funny.

It was all for a kick, Styk.

b>
    I can clarify my point and still be apathetic...

and kick away....

Styk

Agree? Yes No

Default singled out in crowds

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being Goth, nor admitting it, nor even taking pride in it.

Being part a subculture be it based on fashion or music is not the all encompassing whole of what or who a person is. People are much much more than any one thing.

But no one uses 30 or more labels...we tend to use 1 or 2.

So his style is a little Hot Topic, it'll grow as he does and change as he does. None of us started out nailing our look on the head. We each experimented and tried out things until we got comfortable.

Be yourself. Even if it's modeled after someone else.
    ( face it how many of us in bands sound like: DM, Erasure or The Cure?)

My 2 cents...

Nigel - resident Goth, and proud of it.

For shots of me in skirts and make up see: www.platform-one.com
    I dress this way because I do. For me, for comfort, for life.

Note: Photo By Anna Swank

Agree? Yes No

[b]Styk nearly was upset with my profound words. Only for comotion.

b>
    P.S. Just for the hell of it....I wasn't then nor am I now upset with anything you said. I was commenting on the way you chose to critque someone else. Your words were far from profound....

Only for comotion as was stated...

Styk

Bravo Nigel!

Styk

Agree? Yes No

I have to agree with some other statements. Dress as you wish, whatever makes you comfortable. Just be yourself and don't push it on others. That way everyone is happy with themselves and it keeps life interesting.
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

lets all where the clothing that everybody wears to be differnet...?
    the music will blind you

Agree? Yes No

People should go naked. Let's get UGLY!!!
    YEA!!!
    OK. ENOUGH FUN.

By the way, we can't all be nice all the time.
    Comments help us change for the better.
    Delusion becomes more of a concrete view with comments.

I used to be Goth. I used to wear makeup. I used to look so New Wavish. I would never wear a makeup again. Now, I am tired of it. I like looking normal now. Fashion always changes within us. Everybody goes through phases.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

I love ya Pop... you've covered Japan... heck you're Avatar on EGN looks like a David Sylvian shot... and you "used" to look new wave.

and thanq Styk... I appreciate it.

Bravo to you as well.

and ericrpyt, was that Steve Martin Quote intentional???

:-)

Agree? Yes No

I am pretty neutral about the whole goth dress thing considering I have never been passionate enough about clothing to go completely into a certain look. More power to those who like to dress and more power to those who aren't. When we are dead it won't really matter how we dressed like anyway. (unless you are Jackie O. or someone like that)
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

a little eyeliner is always good.
    \"We are not a rock band but we rock the house.\" - S.I. Futures

Thread Information