Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Null Device News - possibly the last on EGN ever!

Agree? Yes No

Default Null Device News - possibly the last on EGN ever!

Well, before EGN vanishes into the mists of our memory, I'd like to do one last shot at shameless self-promo.

Our sophomore album, "A Million Different Moments", has been mastered, finished and shipped off to Nilaihah HQ. Kristy has to put the UPC symbol on it and send it to press, and then it's done! We should have it out by the end of January, if all goes well.

I've been busy reconfiguring the studio (mmmm OS X...and trying to figure out why my A-station won't receive SysEx) and in the process, doing a bunch of remixes. I just finished one for Epsilon Minus, one for Brian Schuh, I'm working on one for us, and there are a few others that I've started as well. That's keeping me busy. I've also started some programming and songwriting for our third album, started arranging more tracks for our live gigs, and so forth.

(Also, since I didn't have enough to do, I also started doing some mastering engineering. I've mastered the latest from Stochastic Theory, and I've got both Caustic and The Dark Clan up on deck.)

And naturally we're playing live. Our live show has been getting great reviews, many expressing complete shock that a) we have a guitarist in our live lineup b) the guitarist works really well in the context of a synthpop band. We're looking to book more gigs, so if anyone's interested, so are we.

So that's the news from the Null Device camp. Hope everyone has a prosperous and safe new year, and it's a shame to see EGN go.

(remixers: your kits will be going out soon. Please contact me off the site at wonko@nulldevice.com so I can verify your addresses and such)
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

Awesome.....awesome, guys! Can't wait for the new sound of ND. Any snippets on the new materials? How do they differ from your previous release? Please give us some kind of hint, will you?

P.S: BTW, NullDevice & Goedley......where are you guys are moving to? (when EGN officially gone then).
    \"The love in the world begins with the love within ourselves.\"

Agree? Yes No

Dunno yet. Don't know what all the options are! I'll rpobably keep posting songs to ampcast, if nothing else. Dunno about forum-wise.

There are some soundclips on the frontpage of nulldevice.com, if you're interested. There's a lot more ethnic influence on this album. And some more breakbeats. And...well, just more.
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: Null Device News - possibly the last on EGN ever!

Originally posted by NullDevice
    And naturally we're playing live. Our live show has been getting great reviews, many expressing complete shock that a) we have a guitarist in our live lineup b) the guitarist works really well in the context of a synthpop band. We're looking to book more gigs, so if anyone's interested, so are we.
    cool

Agree? Yes No

Welll....
    There's synthpop.net. Also Slothdog has some cool forums at www.slothradio.com
    Also, KMA records is going to have some forums setup when they launch their site.

Originally posted by NullDevice
    Dunno yet. Don't know what all the options are! I'll rpobably keep posting songs to ampcast, if nothing else. Dunno about forum-wise.

There are some soundclips on the frontpage of nulldevice.com, if you're interested. There's a lot more ethnic influence on this album. And some more breakbeats. And...well, just more.
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

FYI, we've now got our very own forum over on Slothradio. And I'll be on synthpop.net I'm sure.
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

Thanks for the update, Eric. Keep in touch.
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

Thanks to all the great people running and participating here at eg.com. I will miss this site.

I will keep an eye out for you all at slothradio.com and the kissmyasterixrecords.com forums.
    Eric Goedken
    Null Device
    www.nulldevice.com
    www.nilaihah.com

Thread Information