Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible New EGN Site???

Agree? Yes No

Default Where To Next??? Group Discussion Here...

I wanted to know where the majority of you all will be going...I know theres a lot of alternatives to the EGN, but before everyone started posting about alternative sites, I just though maybe we could all kind of get together here and see where we're all heading, and what we're thinking...

I know the Kiss My Asterix forums are at the top of my list right now...Who's going where???

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

this s all very intriguing that this is happening. inevtably ppl are going to scatter and some never heard from, -at least for a long time. but ppl will immediately show up at KMA. but it will be slow in progress (i expect) but then again i could be wrong. perhaps a massive number of members here will suddenly turn up at a differnt location. however there are those who do not frequent this site enough to ever find out where many have relocated. so some will be lost to search various alternatie forums until perhaps one time they will stubble into KMA (or some other place) and see "familiar faces" (figurativley).

its funny to that this occurred at a buy time of the year when most ppl wont be posting as much here. therefore there is little time to really figure all this out. in a matter of days we all (or those left) will have to continued this discussion at KMA. then peerhaps if KMA works out, the community will proliferate. or then again if KMA is not the best place, the search will continue. one of the priorities right now is scouting out new location. so for now it in best interest to go to KMA because after this site goes off line we will lose a very important reference point.

yeah, so that my explaination for why ill be checking out KMA...
    the music will blind you

Agree? Yes No

It's difficult to really know at this point. Once KMA is up and running, I'll check it out and see how it is. For me, it's more about where people end up than how fancy the site is though. If KMA is awesome but most of you guys end up at Slothradio or synthpop.net, than that's where i'll go.

Agree? Yes No

Also some other places to check out!

Aeschtunes Top 40 forums
    Toast Hawaii
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

STYLE single coming out in 2006.

CD # 2, coming out in early 2007.

test

Agree? Yes No

i'm going to KMA(january 1th), hope to see most of you there

Agree? Yes No

I'm going with Marion. I know her, and hse's a friend. If you have a problem with that, please push Ctrl+Alt+ Delete twice, guickly!
    Go buy a box of straws and suck it the f**k up!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y207/Akisu_kyuuketsuki/

Agree? Yes No

http://www.slothradio.com/

Check it out. 'nuff said.
    SlothRadio - Playing the best in modern and classic synthpop and new wave.

Agree? Yes No

KMA no place else also includes well wiiil do include features for artists like this place!
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

I joined few months ago www.slothradio.com and like it, and I'm a member of www.synthpop.net for more than a year, and is also a very nice place.

The problem is there are many forums outhere, and I don't want to check 4 or 5 forums everyday...

We could make a pool, or anything like that to choose the next forum...

KMA seams great, but still don't exist... let's see...

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

I joined up on synthpop.net. I am sure the kma site will be cool and all, but i would be afraid that it wouldn't be so 'general' enough like EGN was, as opposed to it being more about MegNCraigs' label and thier label mates.

Agree? Yes No

Swank,

I agree. I posted something similiar in the "Goodbye Electrogarden" Thread. Go check it out.

BTW, thanks for the email. I tried to respond but your mailbox is full. Clear it!!!

Hey, it just occured to me, Jup isnt due back till next week. I wonder if he's heard? If not, he's in for quite a shock upon his return.

Agree? Yes No

I'm on forums for bands, and they're more general than they are for the band. they have their news and stuff, but most of th forum is just general crap to amuse the members. I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, once I'm there, I can change the subject of the thread

Just go. I don't want to have to hunt down all of you for your soul... hehe!

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    I joined up on synthpop.net. I am sure the kma site will be cool and all, but i would be afraid that it wouldn't be so 'general' enough like EGN was, as opposed to it being more about MegNCraigs' label and thier label mates.

The site will be called Electro Culture ...not KMA or KMA label bands heheh ... I can see how this would be a concern ... it is more targetted towards the magazine than the label concept ... we will not even have KMA band forums there ... it will focus on the music, fashion, clubs/nightlife etc of the scene ...not of KMA ....

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    This is something I totally forgot about.

The only reason I go over to synthpop.net has been to read Jason's reviews (they're extensive)

That seems like a rather natural gathering place and I'm sure the guy who runs it (Micke, is that his name?) would get a kick out of seeing more faces on there... it's a pretty damn quiet place.

Dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

I was there, but it seems to be a little too slow, and I'm afraid I'll be sitting around alone... which is why I'm on the internet: so it doesn't happen

The 8 bit ninja tells me the site (synthpop) doesn't compare to the goodness of KMA! then he say 'KMA!!! KMA!!! KMf***in A!!!'

You'll have to excuse him, he's a little... yeah.

Agree? Yes No

i know i'm excited for the new Electro Culture forums!! i will miss EGN too though...

very excited for all that 2004 will bring....
    Indulging inaccuracy I\'m picking apart my friend Lizzie
    Throw another word on me and watch me hurl it back
    I know you! (I swear I do)
    You\'re just like me- You\'re sipping a cup of pity
    Aw!
    Did I forget to mention I\'m the centre of attention
    In my universe my pain\'s my pension
    I know you! (I swear I do)
    You\'re just like me-You\'re sipping a cup of dreams
    Yeah!
    Soul sloshing-don\'t shush me
    Just listen to me -pretty little kitty in the sky
    The bass of my laughter-my gut is the speaker
    Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
    Sweet is my surprise!
    soul sloshing.... venus hum

Agree? Yes No

Thanks Craig!
    I haven't seen traffic at Synthpop.net spike at all after these events, but who knows? I worte Micke about it this morning.. maybe we'll come up with something good to attract a wide range of people.

Originally posted by cliffwalk

The only reason I go over to synthpop.net has been to read Jason's reviews (they're extensive)

That seems like a rather natural gathering place and I'm sure the guy who runs it (Micke, is that his name?) would get a kick out of seeing more faces on there... it's a pretty damn quiet place.

Dave
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by cliffwalk

Dave

Yeah, there's a lot of sites out there that I am sure will be alright, but I too probably will go back to synthpop.net, it's where I was before I was ever on electrogarden and probably where I will return. Plus I liked some of their articles
    http://www.carbonbasedlifeform.net
    http://www.myspace.com/carbonbasedlifeform
    http://www.myspace.com/pivotclowj
    http://www.myspace.com/houseofwires

Agree? Yes No

Everyone should remember tho ...

The admins of the EGN are also themselves in a band ... Gebrauche-Musik ... and partners with a label, Hand Held Halo Productions ... while no doubt there is advertising on this board about the label and the band, I don't think this forum has been overly biased towards GM or HHHP, and I don't think we need worry the same will happen with regards to the new KMA forum either.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by scuba_cop
    this s all very intriguing that this is happening. inevtably ppl are going to scatter and some never heard from, -at least for a long time. but ppl will immediately show up at KMA. but it will be slow in progress (i expect) but then again i could be wrong. perhaps a massive number of members here will suddenly turn up at a differnt location. however there are those who do not frequent this site enough to ever find out where many have relocated. so some will be lost to search various alternatie forums until perhaps one time they will stubble into KMA (or some other place) and see "familiar faces" (figurativley).

its funny to that this occurred at a buy time of the year when most ppl wont be posting as much here. therefore there is little time to really figure all this out. in a matter of days we all (or those left) will have to continued this discussion at KMA. then peerhaps if KMA works out, the community will proliferate. or then again if KMA is not the best place, the search will continue. one of the priorities right now is scouting out new location. so for now it in best interest to go to KMA because after this site goes off line we will lose a very important reference point.

yeah, so that my explaination for why ill be checking out KMA...
    weve included goth/indutrial/nu-metal rock/punk/fashion/clubs araes we felt necessary to include which the EGN did not cater for we have added.

Synthpop.net is a nice site for synthpop bt Electro Culture is more mixed to generate a larger community and allow each scnes to get top learn other scenes music as there is so much crossover.....

i know a lot will be on kma hopefully once all the features are running it wil become a busy forum. It is vastly linked to the magazine which will be out in early 2004!!!

Thread Information