Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Ok, what EG need to stay alive?

Agree? Yes No

Question Ok, what EG need to stay alive?

So what? money? how much? hosting? how much?
    Bandwidth? how much?

I think that almost users will want to help to make this great site not die... I would.

I gave some ideas in the other thread, to all pay US$1 right now to save EG, and EG ask US$1 per month for the bands for hosting his songs.

or if hosting the songs will be much difficult, remove the songs,
    but keep the bands, forum, etc... and add links to his songs, hosted by the artists sites...

or any other ideas... I think that we have many different ways to save this amazing place...

let's stop cry and start to fight for this place, don't you think is better??

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

Sorry son. The party is over. The people who run this place don't want to maintain it. You can try to buy them out for some cash. I bet they will let go for $10,000 if it means lot to you.

I bet $40/month wouldn't cover code maintenance, bandwidth, and a server.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

that's really sad...

in jatol we can have for US$105 per year 500mb of space with 10GB of bandwidth...

I think this is more than EG need to keep everything aside the songs, maybe until keep until a song per band... I don't know.

but if the EG masters don't want to rule this amazing place anymore, so it's another problem...

I'm really sad with these bad news... was the worst christmas gift that I received.

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

The site like this can't function well as a virtual host. I bet this site is a co-location site. The Co-location price is lot higher than the virtual hosting price.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by pop
    Sorry son. The party is over. The people who run this place don't want to maintain it. You can try to buy them out for some cash. I bet they will let go for $10,000 if it means lot to you.

I bet $40/month wouldn't cover code maintenance, bandwidth, and a server.
    10 grand? eek, the technology behind it isn't that special...sorry, but anyone with a good mathematics background could program it out...as far as the forum only, it's an off the shelf product ( www.vbulletin.com ). The charts, etc, are just math...

Agree? Yes No

ok, so any suggestions??? any other forums?

Jeff, how did the iterview go??
    If You Don\'t know, Now You Know.
    www.myspace.com/d3lions

Agree? Yes No

If it's a cost thing, I'd be willing to pay to have my songs posted/included. I'd also pay an annual fee to join. I'm sure with all of the members, enough 'dues' could be raised to pay for hosting.

If it's a matter of interest.... perhaps, the owners of EG would be willing to give or sell for a low price to somebody with the passion to maintain the site. There must be somebody willing to be up to the task!

I'm new to the forum. This sucks.

R
    www.tristraum.com

Agree? Yes No

KMA will be offering a music service of some form we cant promis jan 1st but hopefully the service will be availible soon after Jan the 1st. To avoid costs and charging a summ of sorts we will ask users there absolute url from there own sites!
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Thread Information