Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Electrogarden?

Agree? Yes No

I've met more great people here and been introduced to more great music than a lot of other sites put together. I was blown away by the mail. I will continue to wear my EGN t-shirt with pride. I can only hope that the little community we have created here will somehow manage to keep our friendships in whatever thread we should run into each other on.

As a resource for good music and good conversation, EGN was in my opinion, unparalleled.

Banzai! Banzai! Banzai!

A04.
    A04 of SoundMine, self-proclaimed electromilitant

Agree? Yes No

Goodbye you guys, this is indeed sad. But we will all hopefully meet again in another forum. This has been really fun! Let's all keep positive about it and jusy because the site stops, the music lives on baby!
    \"Is that gasoline I smell?\" - The Crow

Agree? Yes No

This is terrible. Egn was not only a great place to find new music, updates on your favorite bands and music production help but it had the greatest mix of personalities I have ever been exposed to on the internet. Sure there were disagreements sometimes, but in the long run, it was a very tight community. As strange as it may sound, I think it played a big part in some of our lives. I will surely miss you guys.

Like someone mentioned before, I hope that the community doesn't get fragmented by people going to different forums. We have to keep in touch and make a group decision on which forum we will all migrate to.

Obie

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

A taste of the KMA Records forums/website:

http://www.electrogarden.com/forums/...311#post115311

Agree? Yes No

Red face

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

wow, this smells well planned.

peace, ya'll... i'll definately see you SOMEWHERE.

dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Of course I am trying to shepherd people to our new site ... but I don't think of the EGN'ers as sheep.

Agree? Yes No

Music is spirit... it will transcend all.

We live in it's world and it enriches ours.

Thanks to all who have been a part of that... I sincerely hope that you stay in touch with others, and myself.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by cliffwalk

dave
    ill see you as well dave !

Agree? Yes No

Dave, I totally understand what you're saying. But at the same time, if someone doesn't just declare, "Okay, everybody go HERE", then we risk splitting up the family. It's like when you've got a huge group of people and you need to decide where to eat. At some point, somebody just has to make the call. It's impossible to get a consensus with such a loosely structured group.

I'm a little unsure of what you mean about the whole thing being planned, but to be honest, I haven't kept up on the forums lately. I'm probably missing something...

As for me, I'll definitely be checking in at both the KMA forums and the SlothRadio forums.
    Brian.

11th Records Mastering
    www.11threcords.com

Color Theory
    www.colortheory.com

Agree? Yes No

I've been with EGN for a few years and always found a place here where I can follow good discussion, find new music, and make friends. I'll definitely miss this place and hope to see most of you around in some way, shape, or form.

Thanks for the smiles! Cheers to you all.

-Garet

my contact -----> robotikko@yahoo.com
    \"We are not a rock band but we rock the house.\" - S.I. Futures

Agree? Yes No

I appreciate what Craig is doing. Of course he's using this unfortunate opportunity to draw people in and promote his label. However, I think there's more to it than that. I think he truly cares about our little EGN family and is excited to come up with a solution quickly so that we don't scatter.

The only thing that worries me about the KMA site, is that it's not a general electronic music site. It's a specific label. Therefore, it might be a little biased toward it's own bands. Although people can post whatever they want about whatever bands they want, some musicians that are not part of KMA might not feel comfortable on the site. I guess we'll see in time...

Agree? Yes No

Hi,

I just read the news when I came back from a short holliday. In any case Side-Line.com will be informing its readers as soon as a new forum that meets our expectations is launched.

Due to the demise of E.com we are considering starting a very own forum, as it would be a real waste to see this community scattered around. In any case we are sure that there is a way to keep this kind of forum livable, Side-Line.com for example is doing well financially ending up with extras to reinvest in new projects, server space, bandwidth etc. I'm sure that a same approach could work well with E.com together with some rethinking on what is offered and what is actually worth offering.

For those who want to stay updated on a new forum at Side-Line or just want to enjoy news from the synthpop side, join us at www.side-line.com

Stay connected!
    Kind regards,

Bernard Van Isacker
    http://www.side-line.com
    http://www.alfa-matrix.com

Agree? Yes No

Well I don't frequent Electrogarden as often as I once did, however it was always nice to know that it was here. I have made some very solid cyber-friendships here. Very sad indeed. I know different ideas have been bantered about to save EG. I would be willing to pay for a yearly membership.

Electrogarden R.I.P.
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well I’m better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I can’t compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by cliffwalk

dave
    This is painful enough as it is. This site took alot of heart and soul (not to mention unheard of amounts of cash) out of a whole group of people that have been fighting to keep it alive for months now and finally there was no way out.

KMA, or SlothRadio, or Synthpop.NET have no association with EGN and never have. If someone wants to use the opportunity to post their plans here then fine, that option is open to anyone. There were no links emailed out to members and there are no links posted on any pages for where everyone should go next.

The site failed as it tried to be so damn independent and pure and electronic music only and free for everyone and everything and no site can ever survive like that.

Also, folks, please read the email that was sent out. That is the official statement and nothing else that you read in the forums has anything to do with that.
    The Electrogarden Community Forums Administration

Agree? Yes No

Thank you for all that you have done. I enjoyed everything here. I wish there was something I could do, but it doesn't sound like it.
    Go buy a box of straws and suck it the f**k up!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y207/Akisu_kyuuketsuki/

Agree? Yes No

I'm somehow hoping this all goes down with dignity...

All things pass, as they must.

I'd rather think fondly back...

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

This is sad.... I found a home here you know... It's like somebody taking away something I love..

I've met soooo many coool ppl here.

Seraphim
    Dan 7red7
    Kathy (labrat)
    Stephanie
    Electroswank
    Pop

Avil

etc..

Today I'm really sad... But I'll bounce back..

where am I suppose to hang out now when I'm at work?
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

Agree? Yes No

Well this is all a shock! I'm off-line for a couple months because of illness and now everything is breaking up. Good luck to everone in all your endervers.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

I have been away and not near my computer. I discovered this truly depressing news via an email from ElectroSwank. I feel sick to my stomach. As I expressed to her, I have been stuck in the middle of nowhere for the last 11 months with no social life, far away from my friends, and little outlet for expressing myself and good conversation. EGN and you guys have provided that for me and I have grown to consider this site and you guys a part of my life. I always looked forward to the debates, the silly postings, the flirting, the obssessions over bands that we all loved, and most of all the friendships that I have developed over this computer screen. This is truly a loss and (at the risk of sounding dramatic) will leave a rather noticeable void. Thank you EGN and all of my fellow members for making my time in purgatory a lot easier. I only hope that something will happen that will initiate an EGN resurrection. Keep in touch you all and good luck....I feel like I'm losing a friend.....
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

Admin,

I'd like to thank you for your efforts and all that you have done. This scene would be invisible if not for this forum, and I'm sad to see it go. I know how frustrating it is to let go of a project (believe me...I stll lament over my loss) and I truly wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

As Bob Hope said best....

Thanks for the Memories........

Sean Patrick
    \"...that\'s not music! I mean, it\'s ok if you only know three chords, but for God\'s sake, play them in the right order!....\" Hank Hill - King of the Hill

\"...Hi Guys, the band club is collecting bottles and cans for the homeless; ironically taking away the only job the homeless have....\" The Midget Tuba player - \"The New Guy\"

Thread Information