Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Popular 80's Bands Reunite For New T.V. Show!!!

Agree? Yes No

Default Popular 80's Bands Reunite For New T.V. Show!!!

Beginning this January, VH1 will begin airing it's new series called Bands Reunited...The following is taken from the official website on the series...

****Each episode of VH1's Bands Reunited chronicles the effort to reunite a popular band from decades past, long since broken up. The show's host, VH1 personality Aamer Haleem, travels the globe to track down the former band members and convince them to come together for a one time only reunion and performance in Los Angeles or London, England.

Each episode is a whirlwind effort to successfully reunite the band within seven days. Shock, embarrassment and sometimes anger are just a few of the reactions host Aamer Haleem finds as he shows up unexpectedly and surprises each band member with the possibility of reuniting with their former bandmates. Some are thrilled for the opportunity to relive their heydays, while others would rather keep the past in the past.

Convincing the band members to put their divisive break-ups behind them is not an easy task. Emotions run high from past conflicts about money, music, heartache, and the rock and roll lifestyle.

Join our host as he attempts to bring together these former band mates, and have them perform together live in a club packed with fans, some of whom will travel around the world to see their favorite band play one last gig, ultimately becoming a BAND REUNITED.****

Featured bands will include:

Kajagoogoo
    The Alarm
    Berlin
    A Flock Of Seagulls
    Dramarama
    Frankie Goes To Hollywood
    Klymaxx
    Squeeze
    Romeo Void
    Extreme

For complete info visit www.vh1.com

Sounds promising wouldn't you say??? I'm looking foward to this one

DAN

"check out Kajagoogoo 2003!!!"
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

err, several of those bands have already reformed-reunited and/or never really split up...doesn't that take some of the challenge away?

It's funny, I could almost picture a pitch meeting where the young, ambitious VH1 corporate suit is using slideshow visuals and stereo equipment citing how the 28-40 demographic is starving to know where the 'one-hit wonders' of the 80's went (no, seriously gentlemen, Rick Astley and the Nelson twins would be all for it)..but hey, if they could get Boingo to particpate, I'm in...

and is anyone serioulsy pining to see Klymaxx? That's almost as pitiful as seeing Newcleus or Egyptian Lover reunion gig...heh
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

holy CRAP! Jez Strode is still a hottie! woo!

I'm actually looking forward to this.
    XO

Agree? Yes No

I was invited to see the Flock of Seagulls play for VH1 at The Scala in London..The dodgy little guy with glass's ive met a lot myn mate stalked him like he stalks 80's stars... And the little guy from flock of seagulls regaurly gos to Electric Dreams well as regular as Inertia, Andi Sex Gang, steve strange, adam ant, boy george well once or twice a year !

Frankie goes to hollywood would be quite intresting.????

Agree? Yes No

Angry

Dammit, where's Scritti Politti?!
    \"Is that gasoline I smell?\" - The Crow

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dan1boy

and is anyone serioulsy pining to see Klymaxx?
    I totally thought the same thing before i even read this... Now if it was Atlantic Starr............. *snickers*

What about Extreme...didn't the one dude join up with Van Halen at one point?

Bring back the bands that really matter...like Menudo.

Agree? Yes No

Wait, wait...Kajagoogoo is back together? I thought Lihmal and Beggs were at each other's throats! How odd that I placed some of the lyrics from 'Ooh to be Aah' at the bottom of my signature. Wow, the power of Jupiter's pull!
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

That's actually a pretty damn cool concept.
    Brand New Idol
    Listen to our music - Click Here
    http://www.brandnewidol.com
    http://www.mp3.com/brandnewidol (R.I.P.)
    http://www.nysynthpop.com

Agree? Yes No

So are they gonna dig up Frankie? Is he dead yet?
    Timothy Heireth
    www.brandnewidol.com

The Electrogarden Network - Where Synthpop Goes To Die

Agree? Yes No

Well according to some of the press I've read on it, not all of the bands are willing to reunite and perform...Apparently, some have too much drama left in their closets to let the past go...I think thats a cool twist though...The bands listed are kind of the test bands to see if the show's concept will take off and be successful...

And yeah bands like Flock of Seagulls and Berlin are still performing already as is Dramarama, but not with their original lineups...Flock Of Seagulls and Berlin are made up these days of only their original fronters with new bandmates...Just think, if this show works out, imagine the bands that will appear in later episodes...

I agree the concept is kinda cool, and I'm definately looking foward to this show...Besides, I hope Limahl and Nick Beggs can put the BS behind them and play again, I'm a Huge Kajagoogoo fan

DAN (really is a Kajagoogoo fan)

Originally posted by Tim_BNI
    So are they gonna dig up Frankie? Is he dead yet?
    Nope, he's alive and kicking...Although from the pics posted on the VH1 website, he's not in all that great of shape these days

Again, I really don't care who's on it, I'll watch every episode...It's like Behind The Music...I've watched and was interested in almost everyone of them at some point...
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

It is another here&now concept. And half those Artists listed are teh last thing i want to see even if you payed me.

Half i dont reconigse and KAJAGOGO are absolute crap! Will say Flock of Seagulls are worth it and Berlin......It reminds me of the Here&Now tours!!! I didnt see them luckily!
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

I thought Holly Johnson looks pretty good (the guy does have Aids after all). The "other three" look like their in their mid 50s (??) Paul Rutherford look spretty good, is he still living in New York?

Would love to see BErlin, when I spoke to Ms. Nunn years ago the idea of a reunion with original members was far, far away in her mind.

-Dave

Agree? Yes No

I'm with Jupiter. Anyone who has read Beggs' writings knows he couldn't stand Limahl. I remember one quote saying that the only reason Limahl ever wanted to get back together was that he was broke.

I, for one, would LOVE to see Flock with the original line-up. I don't think that Ali Score could even play drums anymore. He wasn't that good back then.

Why oh why have they not tried to get TALK TALK!! That would be awesome. Also The Specials, English Beat....wow...the possibilities are endless.
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

Agree? Yes No

Now you're talking Scar! Talk Talk would be on my top list of reunions, I still love that band!
    \"Is that gasoline I smell?\" - The Crow

Agree? Yes No

Yah, Scar, I agree with you. But dear Terry has said he'd rather work as a dustman than have to deal with the original lineup, but, I'd love to see that. Also, I'd love to see the Jam if they could get back together...hell, I'd grab Voxy, who is a big fan, pick up old Scar and make a night of it!

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

OK......

I just made the huge mistake of looking at the reuniting pics at the VH1 web site.

ummmmm, who are all of those old people? What did they do with my beloved bands?!?

I'm feeling sick. I think I'll go take my Metamucil and go to bed early.
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

Agree? Yes No

Scar, I could not agree more. My God...the Alarm? Looks more like "The Snooze Button!" The 90s were not kind to this lot. It looks more like an insurance convention, sans Terry Nunn, who can still pull it off. Note to self: Ensure that if I become New Wave icon, ditch the beard and the gut before appearing on VH1!!

What a Christmas present!

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Oi, Kirlian! There's nowt wrong with Here And Now, lad. ;-)
    \"Just go that way really fast, then turn...\"
    Every man and his dog bar John Cusack, Better Off Dead

Agree? Yes No

S--you've seen Madness about, yes? Given your location there? Thick as Thieves, yes? Saw them in 83...love the Suggfest!

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Never seen Madness live, more of a singles man myself rather than a real fan. Saw a tribute band called The Madness a couple of months ago though, really good.

Looking at your location, I can listen to The Jam now as well (something I would never admit to in my youth). I thought I'd seen somewhere that The Jam were re-forming as well...
    \"Just go that way really fast, then turn...\"
    Every man and his dog bar John Cusack, Better Off Dead

Thread Information