Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: ***attention Depeche Mode Fans - Violator Soundboard***

Agree? Yes No

Exclamation ***attention Depeche Mode Fans - Violator Soundboard***

I just saw this at www.side-line.com (I changed a few of the words) :

"Violator" Soundboard Recording Pops Up

"Being one of the tours with the most sought-after soundboard bootlegs in Depeche Mode history, the 'Violator' tour in 1990 has reached a cult status among fans. Pro-shot tapes existed but failed to turn up in the bootleg trading circuit and sadly enough were never officially released either. This might come to an end as Side-Line was delivered a small preview audio clip (thanks to 'Slickmode') of 'Enjoy The Silence' live at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View (San Francisco), California, USA, July 21, 1990 coming from a soundboard recording.

"In an interview with Side-Line (issue # 42), Andy Fletcher told us that releasing 'Violator'-era live material was among the possibilities for upcoming DVD and CD releases. Just wait and see..."

Okay folks, you heard it yourself - Depeche Mode are thinking of releasing "Violator"-era live stuff on CD and / or DVD...THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL OF DM STUFF!! Let's start an e-mail campaign to Mute Records, the official DM site, wherever we can to get this party started! Whaddaya think?

Jason :-)

test

Agree? Yes No

Both dM and Mute *know* that the fans want a soundboard from this tour. I think that it will eventually be released but *who*releases it first is the real question. Will it be an official release or a leak like Honolulu '94 and Los Angeles '98????? THAT is the real question!

Mute better get off its butt and release it before it gets leaked. Once it hits the net, then it's everywhere!

"It's just a question of time."

Agree? Yes No

Btw, I just wrote the same thing over at the official DM Message Board...

http://forums.depechemode.com/6/ubb....2&m=6496071425

J :-)

test

Agree? Yes No

There is a better dM message board at depeche-mode.com. The official boards suck compared to the boards at the dash site.

Agree? Yes No

I'm super stoked about this news!!! I hope the band releases it first though...Although I don't care, I've sought after a SB recording from the Violator tour forever, so I'll take it anyway I can get it

You know what though, on the other hand, the band doing a DVD of the show(s) would be great too...We could get the behind the scenes happenings from that tour, band member interviews, and maybe the appearance and release of Strange Too on DVD as well!!!

*Currently Crossing Fingers*

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

test

Agree? Yes No

It would be very nice to have Strange and Strange Too on dvd. That would make me very happy!

Agree? Yes No

as much as i would love to see a live dvd from the violator tour, i think one from the black celebration tour would be better. THAT is DM's real masterpiece.

btw, i don't really see them ever releasing Strange or Strange Too on dvd. 90% of the videos on both are already on dvd. it wouldnt make much sense. it'd be cool to see the Clean video on dvd, but i wouldn't pay an extra $25 just for it.

test

Agree? Yes No

There are near soundboards from the Black Celebration era. I too would LOVE to have a complete soundboard from that tour. Who knows what will get released.

Agree? Yes No

Both soundboards from both tours are much sought after, I have copies of both, but they are worn and bootlegs or just instrumentals from soundchecks. Nothing worthy of what it SHOULD sound like. These were both the only real tours I ever cared about them releasing officially and they never have! Everything else, officially released. Irony. So, I hope the band will sometime make an offical release of these memorable tours so we fans can finally relive those wonderful moments!
    \"Is that gasoline I smell?\" - The Crow

test

Agree? Yes No

Well, either they will release the good stuff and make the money they deserve to make or it will get leaked onto the Net.

Agree? Yes No

Steph, did you get a Mode tattoo yet? You need one sista! maybe a BC symbol like MODyssey did....but which one?! lol, too many cool DM symbols. I actually considered Get the Balance Right one for a while...

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ericrypt
    Steph, did you get a Mode tattoo yet? You need one sista! maybe a BC symbol like MODyssey did....but which one?! lol, too many cool DM symbols. I actually considered Get the Balance Right one for a while...
    you know i was thinking about that recently.. not about getting a tatoo, but of those BC symbols. does anyone know what they mean? surely with all the crazed moders out there there must be a website that explains what those symbols really mean... anyone??

Agree? Yes No

They represent each song I'm pretty sure, but I'll let Steph do the honors......

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ericrypt
    Well, since it was brought up, here it is. I eventually want to have all the symbols from BC, but this is the one for Stripped. And count me in on the live Mode soundboards...I personally want the Broken Frame era stuff as well.
    \"There are no forbidden connections\"

-Roland Synthesizer Model 101 Manual

Agree? Yes No

I have a soundboard from the 1982 Broken Frame Tour...Live in London 1982, full show too...Let me know if you need a copy Doug

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Thanks Dan. I really want the video for it, which I've seen. It's the show that all the live tracks were recorded for the Get the Balance Right, Love In Itself, and Everything Counts limited editions. The live show is awesome to see.
    \"There are no forbidden connections\"

-Roland Synthesizer Model 101 Manual

Thread Information