Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Christmas Remixed

Agree? Yes No

Default Christmas Remixed

I picked this CD up today as I had heard one or two tracks, and thought it was pretty decent. The CD in full, is very good. A nice mix of the old school holiday sound, with just enough modern lounge and electronic sounds to provide an update. If you like modern lounge, I'd give it a spin:

http://www.sixdegreesrecords.com/Mer...gory_Code=holi

X Esquire
    \"Hide Your Voice With The Sound Of The Crowd.....\"

Agree? Yes No

Thanks for the info, the samples sound cool, so I picked it up.

Agree? Yes No

The more I listen, the more I like it. Reminds me of the "Verve Remixed" series in many ways. Nearly all of it is down tempo, with one track that is very clubby: Bing Crosby - "The First Noel (Attaboy House Party Mix)" which is the most electronic of the CD's tunes and by far the best choice for the dancefloor. Overall, I am very happy with the purchase. I love modern lounge, so this is a perfect collection.

Cheers,
    X Esquire

PS: For those celebrating Hanukkah, the label also has two "Festival of Lights" collections, which provide simillar remixes from what I can gather.

Agree? Yes No

Wow, ohmygod, that sounds really awful. Hate to be a party pooper but the samples make it seem like someone matched up a drum machine's canned beats to the older tracks. Sometimes that sounds ok (love those Elvis remixes) but this sounds kind of uninspired. Interesting idea, just kind of pedestrian execution. imho, of course.

Happy holidays!

-Dave

Agree? Yes No

The 30 sec samples are not the best way to gauge the CD (having just listened to them). many of the samples only have the parts with the percusion, but not the extra sounds and music that build up. Some are better than others, but overall, as good as anything Verve has mixed.

Cheers,
    X Esquire

Agree? Yes No

Well that was interesting but I think I'm going to have to pass on it for now. Thanks for the link. I don't think it's been the greatest year for finding Christmas Cd's. I haven't found any that I consider all that great yet. I had high hopes for Operatica's release, billed on the cover as the "hippest holiday Cd of the year" or some such claim. I almost got it but fortunately I was at Borders and they wanted 16.99. I dug through the samples on the net and breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't shell out 17 bucks for it. I'll probably look through half.com after Christmas for it. It's the season for hope and I'm hoping I can find a decent disc to add to the Christmas pile this year.

jc

Agree? Yes No

I totally agree with Ninth........$15 bucks? Shees....I hope they sell enough to pay for the cost of the Acid program they made this on. It's definatlly NOT on my Christmas wish list......
    \"...that\'s not music! I mean, it\'s ok if you only know three chords, but for God\'s sake, play them in the right order!....\" Hank Hill - King of the Hill

\"...Hi Guys, the band club is collecting bottles and cans for the homeless; ironically taking away the only job the homeless have....\" The Midget Tuba player - \"The New Guy\"

Thread Information