Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Ever wanted to remix Depeche Mode?

Agree? Yes No

Default Ever wanted to remix Depeche Mode?

Ever wanted to remix Depeche Mode?

Well, now you can! Sort of…

In celebration of Color Theory’s new sixth full-length album, 11th Records is pleased to announce the Color Theory presents Depeche Mode Remix Contest.

Radio, press, and fan feedback on the CD has been overwhelmingly positive. A massive promotional campaign begins next month. This CD promises to be Color Theory’s biggest seller by far.

Why should you care?

Because fans of Color Theory presents Depeche Mode are likely to become fans of your music too.

Every month of 2004, a new remix of a Color Theory presents Depeche Mode track will be made available for free download to everyone who purchased the CD from an 11th Records web site. We’ll announce each month’s winner, including biographical and promotional information, to the entire 11th Records database. Your music will be presented to hundreds, if not thousands, of music lovers who are not just fans of synthpop, but who actually paid for independent synthpop online.

There is a possibility that all 12 winning remixes, plus two new Depeche Mode tracks covered by Color Theory, will be sold as a pressed CD. Whether or not that happens depends on the quality of the remixes, fan response, and market interest in such a release. If so, biographical and contact material on each remixer will be included in the liner notes. No matter what happens, every reasonable opportunity will be taken to promote your music.

A winner will be chosen every month of 2004 from the pool of received submissions, which means that the earlier you submit your remix, the better chance you have of winning. Everyone who enters will receive access to download the winning remixes.

You can read the complete rules at http://www.dmtribute.com/contest.htm

For more information on Color Theory presents Depeche Mode, please visit http://www.dmtribute.com

Questions? Ready to get started? E-mail brian@11threcords.com.
    Brian.

11th Records Mastering
    www.11threcords.com

Color Theory
    www.colortheory.com

Agree? Yes No

Wow Brian! that's a great idea!! I'm IN!!

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

I Sooooooooo want to see this release happen!!!!!!!!!

There is a possibility that all 12 winning remixes, plus two new Depeche Mode tracks covered by Color Theory, will be sold as a pressed CD. Whether or not that happens depends on the quality of the remixes, fan response, and market interest in such a release.
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

I have no idea how to remix, but I know what DM songs I'd like to see remixed (if you can find one that alreday hasn't been remixed!)
    \"Is that gasoline I smell?\" - The Crow

Agree? Yes No

so...ppl are just remixing a track from the cd itself, or obtaining the isolated tracks from a track of their choice from the specified album?
    the music will blind you

Agree? Yes No

Remixers will receive instructions on how to download my vocals for the track of their choice. Obviously they have to choose from the songs on the album. I'm not going to be recording any new vocals for the contest.

Hope that makes sense!
    Brian.

11th Records Mastering
    www.11threcords.com

Color Theory
    www.colortheory.com

Agree? Yes No

Sounds good!!
    I already have a few tracks in mind!!
    www.myspace.com/bravenewworldmusic

Agree? Yes No

I'd love to hear you do one Lars!

For those who've already checked out the rules, I'm changing the deadline to March 22. I originally planned to give people a full year, but I've received some feedback and come to the conclusion that most people turn in their remixes on the deadline. I'd hate to receive a bunch of great remixes in November and only be able to choose one for the single remaining month.

Here are the songs you can choose from:

I Want You Now
    Sister of Night
    It Doesn't Matter
    Sweetest Perfection
    Here is the House
    I Am You
    World Full of Nothing
    Surrender
    But Not Tonight
    One Caress
    Leave In Silence
    Ponytail Girl

I've already received a remix of "But Not Tonight", and I did a remix of "I Am You", but that doesn't mean you can't choose those tracks. While there will almost certainly be repeats, I don't want to feature twelve different remixes of "But Not Tonight", even though it's a great song.
    Brian.

11th Records Mastering
    www.11threcords.com

Color Theory
    www.colortheory.com

Agree? Yes No

Oh, this is going to be great!!!! Brian...You are awesome!!!!

hey guys, Give it your best, I know some of you have made some great remix; Hajas and Intervox just to name a few.

Good Luck!!!!

Al

Originally posted by Color Theory
    I've already received a remix of "But Not Tonight", and I did a remix of "I Am You", but that doesn't mean you can't choose those tracks. While there will almost certainly be repeats, I don't want to feature twelve different remixes of "But Not Tonight", even though it's a great song.
    Well, Why don't you release it as a single with 3 - 6 remixes.
    Just a thought.
    If You Don\'t know, Now You Know.
    www.myspace.com/d3lions

Agree? Yes No

Incredible, I'd love to give a whirl.

Agree? Yes No

hmm... i might be interested... if i can do an industrial mix. would that be acceptable, or do you only want synthpop remixes?
    my livejournal
    du bist die nacht die mich entbloesst...
    leg deine arme um mich.

Agree? Yes No

Ohh, a single! Great idea ... wink, wink, wink... nudge nudge :-)
    www.tristraum.com

Agree? Yes No

Anything that would appeal to DM fans is fine, so industrial works for me!

Yay for singles!
    Brian.

11th Records Mastering
    www.11threcords.com

Color Theory
    www.colortheory.com

Agree? Yes No

Oooh sounds thrilling!

I can't wait to hear someone making a wonderful remix on One caressm-one of DM's best songs ever!!

Hopefully, the quality will be good enough for a decent release as well!!!

Christina

Thread Information