Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR: The Return of the King is upon us!

Agree? Yes No

Default LOTR: The Return of the King is upon us!

Soon...in less then 24 hours on most shores of the world...The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King will have most of us under goodly seige!

I had the grace to see the film already at the Premiere in Wellington, New Zealand on the 1st, but let me tell you that I am again squirming in my chair with eager anticipation as a lot of little ones waiting for Santa Claus to arrive with their presents!

The film is a brilliant spectacle and will go down in cinematic history as one of the greatest trilogies (albeit fantasy) OF ALL TIME! I salute these films with the highest regard, but at the same time I am saddened that it will be the end! (Well..that's what DVD's and rewind< play are for..lol)! It's a bitter-sweet emotional rollercoaster and I hope that those of you who see it will be just as touched and enjoy it!

I for one, will be heavily investing monies and time many-an-evening in the local cinemas! They should give me a golden throne for my cinematic allegiance! I'll be ringing Odeon Cinemas today with the suggestion!! lol

Namárië and may you forever be graced by the twilight of stars in the heavens above!

BE AT PEACE!

Tal`liynë ~of the Eldar!
    \"You gave away your life\'s grace. I cannot protect you any more!\"

Agree? Yes No

I seriously can't wait. I have become gone from hardly caring with the first film, to having been impressed with the extended version, to extremely liking the 2nd film,...to now a major fan of the whole trilogy! I'm seeing this film with a group of people on SAturday.
    I too will be sad once it ends. These past few years waiting for LOTR movies & DVDs have been great.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

test

Agree? Yes No

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't wait!!

Agree? Yes No

I am going to see it at least twice (2 seperate parties want me to come along) and will be seeing it by the latest Saturday. It is gonna be great!
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

I might go see it on thurs or sat. We'll see what happens :-)

people from another planet living on earth today.....

Agree? Yes No

oh come on now! tell me one GOOD reason to go see this movie in the theaters instead of simply waiting for it to come out on dvd............................................... .

...mmmphh...mphhhhh--HAHAHA LOL jk
    the music will blind you

Agree? Yes No

Tal, did they have any giveaways at the opening? they usually give stuff away at the 1st screening of a movie

Agree? Yes No

I have to wait until Saturday to see it... but I've just started the third book reading-wise... it'll be a race to the finish to see if I can finish the book before I see the movie.
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

The only good thing about watching it in the theaters I guess depends on what you got at home to see it with. Yes yes...I have all the good stuff at home to see it with, but I'm still gonna watch it at the theater. I have to say this will be one of the FEW movies I see there. I seriously don't want many movies at the theater. I usually wait for the DVD. This one though,...I guess MY reason for going will be because I can't wait until November of next year (that's when the EE version of it comes out on DVD), to see it. I want to know how it ends. No, I didn't read any of the books, and I don't have any interest in reading them. :-)
    So....reason = not being able to wait for the conclusion.
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

Im going tomorrow to see it. I can't wait. I'm beed avoiding all previews like the plague.

Has anyone heard anything about Peter Jackson doing "The Hobbit"? Someone told me he heard that somewhere but Im not sure if he's just dreaming.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by NJOberheim
    Im going tomorrow to see it. I can't wait. I'm beed avoiding all previews like the plague.

Has anyone heard anything about Peter Jackson doing "The Hobbit"? Someone told me he heard that somewhere but Im not sure if he's just dreaming.
    I think he said he would like to do it, but time is a factor at the moment. He is already under contract to do several upcoming movies.
    His next film will be King Kong which is schedule for release in 2005. So if he does one, it wouldn't be until after that. So I wouldn't hold my breath.
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

Is that the one with the trees that walk? I already saw it on Pay per View...
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Ashe
    Tal, did they have any giveaways at the opening? they usually give stuff away at the 1st screening of a movie
    Well at the screening ( which played in several surroundding theatre's besides the Embassy) they allocated out snack bags and whatnot! After the movie, there was an official post-party on the Queen's Wharf where I had supper at a nearby restaurant but didn't catch the after party as we were departing Wellington in the early morning! I wanted to go, but I couldn't and that is where I believe the the gift bags were handed out if at all! I heard it was spectacular and they even had props like a real replica of the 'White Tree' of Gondor in the centre of the hall! I must say though everything about that day and eve was unforgettable!

The rumours have been flying, but no company yet has the rights to "The Hobbit" and they have been trying for many years! Peter says he would be very interested in making the film if ever the rights were obtained! He says it would just feel strange if anyone else did it! That was the official movie he was trying to do before he switched to LOTR!

Originally posted by NoirTech
    [b]The only good thing about watching it in the theaters I guess depends on what you got at home to see it with. Yes yes...I have all the good stuff at home to see it with, but I'm still gonna watch it at the theater. I have to say this will be one of the FEW movies I see there. /b>
    This film was *made* to be seen and heard on cinema screen! Somehow the home tele or spiffed up entertainment units don't quite do it justice in my word!

Originally posted by Jupiter 4
    Is that the one with the trees that walk? I already saw it on Pay per View...

Ohhh Jup....I will pray for you dear!! lol

Agree? Yes No

peter jackson ii believe wants to do a remake of king kong after this, it somethng he had always wanted to do but the film companies didnt have enough fith in him to do so way back before the lotr trilogy. personally tho im not very interested in seeing a remake of king kong...
    the music will blind you

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Tal`liyne

This film was *made* to be seen and heard on cinema screen! Somehow the home tele or spiffed up entertainment units don't quite do it justice in my word!
    Ah...you've obviously haven't seen/heard MY home theater room.

But I do agree with you. Like I said in my post, this is one that MUST be seen at the theater.
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

I havent gotten a chance to welcome you back Tal. Welcome back!!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by scuba_cop
    peter jackson ii believe wants to do a remake of king kong after this, it somethng he had always wanted to do but the film companies didnt have enough fith in him to do so way back before the lotr trilogy. personally tho im not very interested in seeing a remake of king kong...
    Yes. Like I mentioned on a previous post, that is Peter Jackson's next project. Is starts filming next year, and will be released in 2005. So if a Hobbit movie comes out, it won't be until late 2005 or 2006 I think...if it is ready to be made by then.

Oh yeah. I forgot too. WELCOME BACK TAL! Post pictures!
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by scuba_cop
    *You may just change your mind about that scuba*
    The man is obsessed with King Kong since the age of 7 years when he first saw the original! He said it changed his life from that moment on! Be afraid..be very afraid! lol
    Pete, I'm sure, will probably make this one to remember as well!

To busy ribbing me eh?? lol
    Cheers for the welcome mate!

Originally posted by NoirTech
    Oh yeah. I forgot too. WELCOME BACK TAL! Post pictures!
    Thanks dear! Good to be back in a sense! I'll start unpacking my case soon..lol..and after that I'll take the film to the shop to be developed! I'm lost after that as to transferring them on the web to post in threads!

Agree? Yes No

There are quite a few movies to be seen on the theatre screen: Master and Commander, Gladiator, of course Glitter, and Fame.
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Jupiter 4
    There are quite a few movies to be seen on the theatre screen: Master and Commander, Gladiator, of course Glitter, and Fame.
    I've not seen M & C, but Gladiator..yessss I agree preciousssss...I do!

Glitter and Fame....lol...how could I forget such blockbusters!

We must pay homage to the greatest of them all......

Gigli!!!!!!

Thread Information