Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: how do you know your music?

Agree? Yes No

Default how do you know your music?

A lot of people mention bands I've never heard of or mention a release that I had no idea came out so I wondered HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!

I hear about bands from friends who recomend stuff, my husband has introduced me to a lot of noise bands I'd never heard of before but I feel so out of it not knowing that one of my favourite bands (X marks the Pedwalk) released something had Seraphim not mentioned it. So the only way I know about anything anymore is reading what people mention here.

Agree? Yes No

1. Billboard Magazine, baby!
    2. Use ElectroGarden as a tool. You will discover many bands here, and people will hook you up when you get to know them. (Including, but not limited to, me. )
    3. Don't be afraid to ask. Most of us here in ElectroGarden won't laugh you out of the thread for asking a question.

4. *This spot would have been for mp3.com.*
    5. SlothRadio has TONS of cool songs that you can listen to. Check it out! http://www.slothradio.com
    Jamie (Efreak)

Agree? Yes No

Been a DJ Early 80's DJ/GOTH-INDUSTRIAL-EBM
    Have researched the ERA of synthpop unlike a few KnoW it alls who don't knoew what synthpop is.
    Reguarly bump into INERTIA for my EBM updates
    Am part of the New UK Electro scene which is Ignored by the INDIE RAGS LIKE THE NME Which is going bust soon oh well !
    My knowledge of Synthpop starts in 1978. There were 3 bands doing it then!
    My knowledge of the industrial style and roorts gos back to the mid 1970's
    I know what music is in and whats out in the UK at Electric Dreams on a monday. They wont play VNV so most clubs dont play VNV....It works like that and was the first UK club playing LADYTRON-RAMSTEIN and Modern Gary Numan material which everyone does now!

Know loads of UK acts (many scenes) by loads of compliations European EBM ones and Trance Electro Comps. Cant go wrong.....Here is a good source as well
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

I know bands by

1. Friends
    2. Bands that have any relation with bands that I like
    3. Compilation CDs / Promos

or a friend record something to me, or I'll hear few songs on the internet to take a preview of them, if I like, I buy his album, and maybe the singles too.

you only need to search, search and search...

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

1. friends
    2. connection to badns I like ( like if they remix some of their songs)
    3. EGN
    4. surfing around in various cd stores.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

1. Internet. Forums, websites, chat rooms, internet radios, online record stores, whatever. All-Music Guide has been the most useful site.

2. Magazines. Album reviews, interviews, etc.

3. Connections to other bands (side projects, cover songs, remixes, etc.)

4. Friends

5. Compilations

Agree? Yes No

The many wonders of the internet prove useful; radio stations, record labels, kazaa and what have you.
    Argh it burns!

Agree? Yes No

1. Taste test
    2. Blood and Urine samples
    3. Psychic Friends Network
    Komm zur Sache!!!!

Agree? Yes No

I have to say that I've learned of nearly half of the bands I listen to today through EGN...and boy, did I feel completely uneducated at first for not knowing them... Otherwise it's usually through the internet, friends, clubs (yes, I'm one of those ppl that go up to the dj and ask them what they were playing, which album/single/remix etc ) and browsing at cd titles in record shops-a good cover and interesting song titles can make me curious and sometimes I'll buy the cd just because of that, but I've never regretted a single cd I've bought that way.
    \'We were never bored, because we were never boring...

Agree? Yes No

internet radio is great, two of my fave stations are RantRadio [www.rantradio.com] and ampedOut [www.ampedout.net]. i've discovered many acts thru them - which is why laws that attempt to impose tariffs on these stations is RETARDED. it's promoting underground music and these god-awful tariffs go to the big5 douchebag labels. grrr.
    *terminate rant sequence* sorry...

and also asking DJs at clubs, chatting with the dudes that sell CDs at live gigs, EGN, 6degrees-of-seperation-remix game, yadda yadda.

cheers,
    d
    -= | i.make.sound | =-
    -= | v01d | =-

Agree? Yes No

ADD
    SIDE-LINE
    ELECTROGARDEN
    FRIENDS and beyond
    COOL COVERS IN RANDOM CD DISCOUNT BINS
    TELEKENETICS
    Costa Rica Synthfest, April 1st 06