Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: The All-caps Thread

Agree? Yes No

Joylessness: My family. I can't stand being around people, and they take me places with more family, and more people. I need to stay in uruguay for a while
    Go buy a box of straws and suck it the f**k up!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y207/Akisu_kyuuketsuki/

Agree? Yes No

LOL! If you enjoy your own company, that's fine...don't let everyone else pressure you into hanging out with them if you don't feel like going out.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

My parents are evil, and drag me along anyway. I'll live... no one else will hehe

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by labrat
    No, you're not alone, Scubie. But the trick to break that pattern is to see what it is that's causing the joyless feeling. If you simply feel overwhelmed by the pressure to buy everyone gifts, send out cards, etc. you can either work on getting your holiday shopping and other obligations started earlier in the year (also makes paying the bills easier each month), or you can trim back your "gifting" list. If it's because you feel like you're the only one who's alone at this time of year, make it a point to get out more, or invite family members to stay with you. If your family is more like Jerry Springer than Norman Rockwell, see if you can spend time with some of your single friends. Or throw parties at your place so you and your friends can all have some fun. Another possibility is that the short days are causing you to become depressed (seasonal affective disorder), and using a sun lamp will help shake the blues. Hope this helps and that I didn't come off sounding like I was preaching to you.

Peace,
    Kathy
    no that didnt sound like preaching. im just so detached from my familiy, and they just are so unenriching (sad to say). being around them seems to suggests that there is this air of disillusioned happiness. i dont go out much anymore, i prefer being bymyself for the most part...it not like im some dark introvert, i just deal with the way i feel cuz im used to it. not its not depression anymore either. it dystimia...and i just live with it cuz it basically shapes my entire persona into who i am...the person i like...

maybe i m afraid to set aside more time to focus on, and celebrate the good thinigs in life, even tho i appreciate them so much already. it just seems unessesary to further think about those things as if to dwell upon them like there all that youve got. thats just how i am, i see evrything in spectrums and degrees: joy-despair, love-hate, life death, humour-seriousness...but the problem is is that i dont distinguish one polarity from the other. i just associate the both of em simultaneously. so if i see ppl being happy, i see those same ppl sad....exsample vary in extreems tho...but mostly, -and this is a pathological association ive always had is this: for exsample, if i see and advertisment of an activity or whatever in which depicted ppl enjoying themselves because , say, they shelled out the money for that certain material good, or service, or even just put aside the time to enjoy something new...i see in that deception, a false moment that serves simply as escapism for those individuals. it doesnt matter if those individuals are aware or not of what they are doing, i just see an insipid human behaviour that makes me very unconfortable....because, simply, im afraid to do such things myself at times, for fear that i will forget about something very important need i always be aware of, and if i forget that important thing, i will lose it or something else...

i dont know why i feel this, but i dont let it dictate my life around others...it just always on my mind....or somewhere lurking in the backgrounds of forethought...

the music will blind you

Agree? Yes No

It's cool...Your not the only one who feels a little despondant around the holidays...I get sad sometimes too...Sometimes, I even get the idea that the holidays are kind of fake now, like it's a game to outbuy your friends and family, and who has the best light display on your front lawn...

Thats why I like it simple here at my house...We have the family get together, but we have a small intimate family, and everyone contributes equally

I hope your holidays go as well as possible for you Mr. Scuba, and you end up smiling anyway...

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Oh yeah, the holidays have definitely been hyped up by the marketing agencies into some overblown commercial enterprise for a really long time now! Simple is really the way to go this time of year. And Scuba, thanks for sharing that with us. It takes guts to really talk about yourself. Like Dan, I hope you find a way to smile too this time of year. :nod:
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

easy way to become a millionare: Dont spend money on X-mas! hehe, save it instead!

Agree? Yes No

Since this thread isn't about anything in particular, I thought this would be the best thread to post this in. I was able to go a couple days with barely going online at all and I felt really great about that. I used to go online everyday for at 5 hours. It wasn't that I was not wanting to go out but really didn't have much else to do. It is great having a feeling of not being binded to a mindless machine.

Yeah I know that sounded very strange.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

actually, that's one of the resolutions I have for next year....I've spent way too much time on this damn machine, and haven't enjoyed life like I used to! (just so you know, I realized this a while ago, but it's hard to break the addiction! Hence the "Dexter's Lab" Icon....)

WE HATE YOU BILL GATES! hehe
    \"...that\'s not music! I mean, it\'s ok if you only know three chords, but for God\'s sake, play them in the right order!....\" Hank Hill - King of the Hill

\"...Hi Guys, the band club is collecting bottles and cans for the homeless; ironically taking away the only job the homeless have....\" The Midget Tuba player - \"The New Guy\"

Agree? Yes No

Lol, now he's going to Ctrl+Alt+Delete you!

Agree? Yes No

I was thinking about it, and Bill gates is equal to God.....here's my logic behind it.

NO other presence in the universe (besides God) could revel in.....draw such satisfaction in....and feel worshiped by causing such mad mad frustration and confusion!

DOWN WITH BILL GATES!!!

Viva la' Revolucion!
    \"...that\'s not music! I mean, it\'s ok if you only know three chords, but for God\'s sake, play them in the right order!....\" Hank Hill - King of the Hill

\"...Hi Guys, the band club is collecting bottles and cans for the homeless; ironically taking away the only job the homeless have....\" The Midget Tuba player - \"The New Guy\"

Agree? Yes No

lol! I love this place... BUT Ctrl+Alt+Delete for all you fou! lol

Agree? Yes No

Bill Gates has made it so easy for so many people to use the computer. I curse him yet I admire him at the same time, similar to some people's feelings about God. I shake my fist at him.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

I say we take over Heaven, and Bill gates place!!! hehe!

Agree? Yes No

If we took over Heaven all computers would be crashing within a day.
    M3L1B174

Thread Information