Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Day Behavior

Agree? Yes No

Thumbs up Day Behavior

WOW !!

This is a complete surprize as far as what I was expecting and what I got........

This is really a amazing album with the BEST FEMALE VOCALS I have heard in years........

The music is melodic, dreamy, Trancy and with a twist of trip-hop.

Great lyrics, mezmerizing female vocals and music that will leave
    you breathless.

I know many of us didnt care too much for the single "devil in me", but I can assure you that the rest of the album sounds nothing like that song.

This is a WINNER !!

http://www.daybehavior.com
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

Nice to see Daybehaviour getting the props they deserve!

In 1996 I picked up their debut album "Adored" as well as the 3 CD singles from the album. Hot stuff indeed! I DJ'd their music at times but never did get the proper attention I though they deserved. Then their was all these years of nothing from them. I was glad to see Todd's annoucement awhile ago about the new album.

I ordered mine last week. I should have it anyday now. Can't wait!

[rOOuie]
    www.souvenirrecords.com

Agree? Yes No

I am accually surpised to see the track "the moments I couldn't save" on this album since this is an old track. I have it on an old complation "Electronic Spotlight".

You are so right...They do deserve more recognition.
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

OMG! ok, this band RULES!!!!! TY TY TY for hipping me to em'! This is totally the type of sound I love. I loved every song I heard. "Give Me" was my favorite out of the three, but rest assured, I will be buying the whole album! (whips out Visa) Thanks!
    \"Is that gasoline I smell?\" - The Crow

Agree? Yes No

yeah, i didn't plan on buying this cd after hearing the single "devil in me" but after reading shervin's review
    i'm going to buy the cd ...
    i'm a sucker for female vocals ...what can i say ....
    and you gotta love the synthmaster's reviews ...
    you the man shervin

Agree? Yes No

Cool i waiting for the album....I have done one of their remix of mon ami(vz mix)
    And soon i hope i will have the album in my cd player......
    Krister Petersson

Agree? Yes No

I had the pleasure of mastering the album, and it is indeed fantastic - very fresh and modern sounding, not retro at all. The vocals and songwriting are amazing. My favorite is "Bleed", a melancholy trip-hop track with sweet string swells. For the record, any alliteration you see here is unplanned. Day Behavior reminds me a little bit of Olive, but the quality is more consistent.
    Brian.

11th Records Mastering
    www.11threcords.com

Color Theory
    www.colortheory.com

Agree? Yes No

This makes me interested.. after hearing the single, about all I liked from it was the remixes, and I was dreading the album. Maybe now (as soon as I can quit play Ctheory's and Cosmicity's new albums over and over) I'll pop it in my cd player.
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

I have to say that I did not like the single for this album, but now that I've had the album for 2 days now, I have to say the album is awesome! Even the wife likes it,....and she's picky. :-) "Devil In Me" is just sooo out of place in that album. Any of the other songs in this CD is better then that one song. Do not go by the sound of the single, the CD it incredible!
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

I hope that many people dont pass this CD up cause they be missing on one of the coolest, most refreshing releases of 2003.........."devil in me" is the only track I tend to skip
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by jesseh1334
    i'm a sucker for female vocals ...what can i say ....
    Me too, probably why I'm a big Dubstar, One Dove, Strawberry Switchblade, Alice Deejay, Book of Love, Sade, and now Daybehavior fan!

Carl from Daybehavior just e-mailed me about the band he quotes, "Unfortunately thereŽs no US tour scheduled at the moment, but weŽll let you know in the future. Right now weŽre doing some gigs in Sweden promoting the upcoming album"

You should go on the site and convince them to come to the U.S of A!!!
    \"Is that gasoline I smell?\" - The Crow

Agree? Yes No

Here is some spouting I put up on my website:

So on a whim I went and bought Daybehavior - Have You Ever Touched A Dream?. Man is this CD an unexpected gem. I love the music. Its not to often you find a nice electronic CD where the main vocalist is female. The CD spans the gamut with dreamy vocals, trip-hop flavored songs, fast danceable club tracks.

After the first listen the CD didn't hit me, but after leaving it in car CD player for a few days the songs really grew on me. "Give Me" starts of the CD with the right feel a more mid tempo song with a really awsome chorus. I also love the dreamy feel of "Heaven," the hopeful feeling in "Close Your Eyes," the slow contemplative sound in "Bleed," the awsome hooky chorus in "Happy Fairtale," the upbeat, dancy "Superstar," the poppy "Mon :Ami,"" and the hard hitting "Devil in Me". As you can see the songs follow the gamut of types and they all have very fitting music that compliments each song very well. The sounds are varied and really help to make the songs memorable. My favorite song of the CD has to be "I've Never Died Before," Its a nice slower song which really accentuates how awsome of a voice Paulinda has. I also love the Italian on the song "La Commedia."

-steve
    \"Need to be proud of what you are...\" - Echo Image

http://spilog.org

Thread Information