Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: has anyone ever heard of a book?

Agree? Yes No

I have a stack of National Geographics with pictures of naked Pygmies under my bed
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well I’m better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I can’t compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

i just finished (again)"the preserving machine" philip k dick. this guy take classical music scores and feeds thaem into a mchine he built that produces animals. he put motzart in and this strange indescribably ornate bird comes out. when he put beetoveen in it produced a swarm of beetles and such that simply scattered and burrowed into the ground. finally wagner, wagners music produced a bear-lupine creature that was highly aggresive and very powerful, and it ate up all the other animals..
    the music will blind you

Agree? Yes No

Some good music related biographies:

Please Kill Me - The Uncensored Oral History Of Punk

Blue Melody - Tim Buckley Remembered

Depeche Mode - written by Steve Malins

A Year With Swollen Appendices - Brian Eno's Diary

My top five favorite fiction books in no particular order:

Swan Song - Robert McCammon

The Drifters - James Michener

The Pillars Of The Earth - Ken Follett

The Secret History - Donna Tartt

Less Than Zero - Bret Easton Ellis

Any of you fiction readers out there would likely enjoy at least one book from this list.

Hey, should we start the EGN book club?

Laters,
    James MODvox
    Let me hear you make decisions
    Without your television

Agree? Yes No

Mod -
    I liked "Please Kill Me" too.... You should really read "Black Vinyl White Powder" Its so interesting to read about what the music biz. was like back in the day from an insider point of view...

Agree? Yes No

I am a voracious reader...i will read anything that i can get my hands on...my favorites though are Steinbeck, Clint Catalyst,Patrick Dennis, Clive Barker, David Sedaris, Augesten Burroughs (if you like Sedaris, definately read this author!!!!), and a slew of other fiction. I am also very into non fiction in regard to art,history, crime, forensics, and sociology. I go absolutely crazy when I don't have anything to read. I ALWAYS have a book with me, even if I it is something that I have already read. I also subscribe to 15 magazines, ranging from music, cars, literature, sociology, art, and culture. I am a total literature geek!! I write as well. Anyway...nice thread
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

Just so the thread does not die...

I am reading the Mabinogi currently. However last year at this time I was reading The Winter Solstice by John Matthews. It was a nice book and it explored many little topics related to the holidays like Christmas, symbols of the season, etc.

So um, anyone else reading holiday oriented material? If not, what are you reading?
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

I just started on "Undaunted Courage" from Stephen Ambrose.
    M3L1B174

Thread Information