Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Actual music question: cds that take the crap away

Agree? Yes No

Question Actual music question: cds that take the crap away

Call me dorky, cheesy, redneck, loser, whatever but there is one cd i have that just puts the biggest smile on my face and erases all the s.hit in the world when i play it...doesn't matter where i am, what i'm doing, this cd is like the finest lithium. And that cd is:

Boston

Yeah, you heard me right. Boston 1976 on Epic. Sib, Tom, Bradley, Fran, and Barry at their finest :nod: I can't quite explain it, it just puts me in the best mood--and all better put in some earplugs when i'm playing More Than A Feeling...oh yeah...crank that dial up to 11, baby!!!

Agree? Yes No

That's perfectly ok, I'm a closet Chicago fan myself!

Agree? Yes No

Why be in the closet?!! Old skool Chicago kicks ass!!

Does anybody really know what time it is?? Hmmm?

Agree? Yes No

Something that puts a smile in my face no matter what? hhmmmm....
    ::tries to think of something cool from the 80s...or 90s::
    Wow...I listen to some pissed off depressing music cause I can't think of anything from that era that ever really put a smile in my face.
    It wasn't until more recently that I found a band that puts a smile on my face no matter how bad I'm feeling. That would be FreezePop. I just can't help but smile. Stupid smile,...and your...smiling.
    But yeah. That.
    There is this one song though...that always gets me going too from way back when....

::clears throat....ahem....::

WE BUILT THIS CITY! WE BUILT THIS CITY ON ROCK & ROLL! BUILT THIS CITY! WE BUILT THIS CITY ON ROCK...&....ROLL!

------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

For me it would have to be the B52's. In particular their first album. The one that has Planet Claire and Rock Lobster. Always makes me happy.

Agree? Yes No

Hey Amy:

You are dorky, cheesy, redneck and a loser (just kidding). I am partial to Asia and Journey myself (please don't tell anyone...). I am also a huge fan of bands/singers from the 50's.
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well I’m better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I can’t compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

thanks NoirTech... now i have that sh.tty song in my head, which is funny cos everytime Amy and I go to this one store in Jersey they're always playing that over the loudspeakers....

For me it'd have to be Electric Six. I love them and they're so rediculous they really make me forget about all the crap in my life. They have really great videos too - here's a link to them, incl. the brand new one for "Dance Commander". I love the entire cd and it just makes me happy.

I guess really cheesy 80's rock gets me in a good mood too - like who can not laugh at the freeze frames of the drummer in the video for "workin for the weekend" by Loverboy? I feel sorry for those of you who haven't seen it. I get really jazzed when Classic VH1 plays it

Listening to Classix Nouveau is really fun too - esp. when you're in your car, in traffic and singing really loud with it. I love how people don't know what to make of it. It's kind of like how when I get bored in the car, I start singing every song thats on (cd or whatever) as if Elvis was singing it. I have been known to make people physically piss themselves when i do that.

I guess also that Basement Jaxx music takes the crap away for me too. I remember what a great show that was, more like a party and how much fun thier music is... its really uplifting. Kind of like the Spice Girls (before Ginger left).

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank

It's kind of like how when I get bored in the car, I start singing every song thats on (cd or whatever) as if Elvis was singing it. I have been known to make people physically piss themselves when i do that.
    That would be me she's referring to

Originally posted by Human Clone
    I am partial to Asia and Journey myself (please don't tell anyone...).
    Duuuude...Heat of the Moment!! Rock the fook on!! Say it loud an proud, man!! And i'm actually listening to Journey as i'm typing

I could go for a little Europe - Final Countdown right about now too...

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank

For me it'd have to be Electric Six. I love them and they're so rediculous they really make me forget about all the crap in my life. They have really great videos too - here's a link to them, incl. the brand new one for "Dance Commander". I love the entire cd and it just makes me happy.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
    OHMYGOD
    Thank you sooo much for introducing me to this band! laughing my a.ss off at work.
    "I wanna take you to a gay bar!"
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

NP! they're great huh!?
    glad it made your day!

Agree? Yes No

*sigh* Dick Valentine

I so want that man to father my children...it's totally the dancing and that ponytail...so wrong it's right...

Agree? Yes No

I know this will come only as a rehashing for most of you, but when I feel that my day has gone tits up or has set down an insufferable path, all is made right when listening to New Model Army (for my strength and faith) or Scooter (for my silliness). I know...none of that comes as a surprise. Heh.

Agree? Yes No

Scooter? from the Muppet Show? I had no idea he was a recording artist...what label is he on? *snickers*

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by amyagogo

Duuuude...Heat of the Moment!! Rock the fook on!! Say it loud an proud, man!! And i'm actually listening to Journey as i'm typing

Good on ya Amy, you kick arse!

I actually heard Night Ranger on the radio the other day, that made me chuckle nonchalantly to myself.
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well I’m better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I can’t compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

The Charlie Brown theme song always puts a smile on my face...

Agree? Yes No

ok, laugh away, mine is:

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass

Agree? Yes No

S.P.O.C.K always put a smile on my face. Make me a-gogo dance too.
    Argh it burns!

Agree? Yes No

How about Styx, Night Ranger or Loverboy?

Agree? Yes No

I have to admit I'm also a huge Journey fan...I also love the old Chicago...Peter Cetera kicked a**!!! I even have Steven Perry's solo album, and am playing it right now...C' Mon you all know you can't help but just smile and rock out to Only The Young on your way to work in the morning...

Please don't let me be the only one ...

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Here's the one that I listen to to make my bad go away...

"Johhny played Keyboard, Jenny played Bass, name of thier band is "the human race" everybody tell me have you heard Pop Goes The World".......

That whole CD signifies rebirth and happyness for me!
    \"...that\'s not music! I mean, it\'s ok if you only know three chords, but for God\'s sake, play them in the right order!....\" Hank Hill - King of the Hill

\"...Hi Guys, the band club is collecting bottles and cans for the homeless; ironically taking away the only job the homeless have....\" The Midget Tuba player - \"The New Guy\"

Thread Information