Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Flag's best album?

Agree? Yes No

I agree with Condi...Naive Art is by far the best, always stick with the original...Although, I'd have to say The Eagle And The Child is a close second for me...To me, it's a total throwback album that gets far less praise than it deserves

DAN[/b][/QUOTE]

hello there, what's your favorite songs from eagle and child? the game? eagle and child? the amazing deeper shade of blue? the incredible chorus from she's my girl? take care love?
    or...but i know what life is for
    i've had a taste now i want more...

what a disaster my quoting, i tried to learn from Avil but....
    hear no evil -monkey 1 says you shouldn\'t hear it-
    see no evil -money 2 says you shouldn\'t see it-
    speak no evil -monkey 3 says you shouldn\'t speak it-

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by alejo
    hello there, what's your favorite songs from eagle and child? the game? eagle and child? the amazing deeper shade of blue? the incredible chorus from she's my girl? take care love?
    or...but i know what life is for
    i've had a taste now i want more...

what a disaster my quoting, i tried to learn from Avil but....
    From TEATC, my favorite songs are The Game, She's My Girl, and Synthpopalooza...I like the fact that they included Deeper Shade Of Blue, Time, and Illumination, but to me those songs were already over four years old at the time...I'd liked to have see more new material rather than re-recorded versions of E.P. songs...Now don't get me wrong, I love all three of those songs, I was just already used to them and had heard them hundreds of times prior to TEATC coming out...Red Flag had also been performing those songs since 1994 as well...

Ah well, we can't hold that one lapse in creativity against them (if thats what it was)...Afterall, they went on a rampage of new albums, singles, and tours right after that...

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

We have probably confused poor Joe Ramey half to death now on what RF album he should buy. Myself, I love Naive Art, but Joe did say he wasn't into much of the dance-oriented material. Right now I'd say that other than Naive Art, Machines, EP, and Codebreaker T133, the other albums have enough mid-tempo/slower material on them that you can't really go wrong with any of them.

As for my fave tracks off Eagle & Child, I'd have to say In My Arms Again, Illumination, and Deeper Shade of Blue (even though the last two did come from an earlier release ). BTW Dan, speaking of creative lapses, I've always wondered why most of the early RF albums had one or two remixes tacked on at the end.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by labrat
    BTW Dan, speaking of creative lapses, I've always wondered why most of the early RF albums had one or two remixes tacked on at the end.
    You know it's really funny you bring this up because Mike and I were just talking about this same subject the other night...It seems a lot of synth bands in the early 90's were including remixes as bonus tracks on their albums...Red Flag with Naive Art, Cause & Effect included the Deceptive Remix of YTYKH, Anything Box included remixes on Worth and Hope, and theres so many other band sin general that had extra stuff back then...I guess it was the "in thing" to do back then

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Whatever it was I really appreciate it. I love the remix of Sundown (laying low) on Caveat Emptor. Sometimes these little remixes at the end are the first song of the album, so it is like a cyclical feeling... a sense of completion. It is like when a poet repeats the first stanza of a poem at the end of the poem too, or at least that is how I see it.

Enough of my rambling...
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

Yeah I got a little confused with all of the suggestions, because after 20 something responses, almost everyone isnt consistent and are referring me to a different album..Now if 12 of the 20 were suggesting one particular one, That might persuade me one way or the other, but I'm still about as confused as I was in the beginning..hehe..The only thing I see for sure, that Red Flag didnt have just one definitive album, they all were, and to buy one of theirs isnt the way to do it, you'd have to buy them all..
    I guess in time i'll have to do that..

For now, it looks like i'll try "The Bitter End" 1st...But yeah, I do like the slower/mid-tempo tracks in synthpop better than dance..
    I do like dance music, just not a whole album, track after track, it wears on me after a few songs in a row..Now one every once in awhile, thats cool..

Thanks again for the suggestions..

Joe
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

STYLE single coming out in 2006.

CD # 2, coming out in early 2007.

Agree? Yes No

Joe, tell us what you think of The Bitter End, if you do get it.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

Agree? Yes No

Codebreaker T133. Thanks to Kathy!
    xoxox

Agree? Yes No

Thanks, Jamie...hmm, most of us longtime RF fans didn't care as much for Codebreaker, though. Did I ever tell you that the title has that name because of the secret URL hidden in the CD artwork which would give you a free bonus track if you found it, and the T133 was because all the songs on the album were either at 133 bpm or some fraction of it?

Agree? Yes No

How about the Russian Radio Maxi single? That is rare and has the track 'Control' on it. I got it off of ebay. Keep your eyes peeled for that one.

Agree? Yes No

i love codebreaker. not especially but i love it anyway.
    i remember reading an old post from labrat saying that no one had spoken about 'so lie with me' but that she loved that song. i was talking to Mao Boy about it because i love that song in a special way too though people around me laugh at me.

joey, why did you decide 'the bitter end' i think you'll love that album according to what you said you liked.
    people have different tastes. but i think most of us love everything they've done because he was really smart and he had his mind full of great melodies and he owned such a great voice.
    what songs have you heard? what did you like the most? have you heard any? i think that could help
    hear no evil -monkey 1 says you shouldn\'t hear it-
    see no evil -money 2 says you shouldn\'t see it-
    speak no evil -monkey 3 says you shouldn\'t speak it-

Agree? Yes No

I'm leaning towards "The Bitter End" due to the songs I heard here on EGN, plus the earlier recommendations from this post.

It sounds like its not full of dance songs and that it has alot of emotions and breathy type of music...if that makes any sense..
    hehe..

Joe
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

STYLE single coming out in 2006.

CD # 2, coming out in early 2007.

Thread Information