Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: good bye suede

Agree? Yes No

Default good bye suede

when this tour ends, suede will no longer exist.
    Brett Anderson said they're going to have separate ways from now on.
    one thing is true, there was nothing of the suede that changed my life years ago. their last album had nothing of those grat songs like animal nitrate, so young, we are the pigs or those excelent b-sides like killing of a flashboy, my insatiable one or to the birds.

i guess it was something that simply had to be.

he was so obsessed with letting the whole world that he could make a great album without Bernard Butler, i guess he understood it wasn't worth it at all.

i had the best times listening to their songs and i won't never forget it.
    hear no evil -monkey 1 says you shouldn\'t hear it-
    see no evil -money 2 says you shouldn\'t see it-
    speak no evil -monkey 3 says you shouldn\'t speak it-

Agree? Yes No

suede was my favourite band since 1998 until 2003. as you say, brett anderson & the band never made a great album without b. butler, but they did made some great songs, anyway.

I never could to see them 'live', but i hope they could be playing together, again... maybe not soon, but i'll be waiting for that moment.

see you, in the next life.

Agree? Yes No

actually i didn't say i didn't like 'coming up' which i think is a great album, but if you listen to sci fi lullabies you can see that the first album is much more better than the second.
    i guess it wasn't only because of Butler's departure, i think Brett Andreson changed his mind about being an epic star

Agree? Yes No

I remember seeing Suede on television in England around Animal Nitrate, and they were ELECTRIC, simply the most amazing thing Id ever seen. I became a huge fan ,listening to first SUEDE and then DOGMANSTAR constantly. I even liked COMING UP ,and HEAD MUSIC,the only one I liked far less being A new morning...The most brilliant thing about them in the beginning was that they seemed dangerous..sleazy and exciting.They werent dad-rock like oasis or boring like Blur...I saw them at the Brixton Academy the same year and they were simply amazing,Brett slapping his arse with the microphone,singing...you re taking me oh-vah...

Agree? Yes No

Suede helped get me through the 90s Brit Pop era. Brett and Jarvis Cocker were definately the British ambassadors of that time. I tried to get a ticket to their final gig in London, but obviously, they sold out immediately. I didn't have a chance! Anyone have an extra ticket for the Astoria?
    La Marquise--The Dandy Highwaywoman

\"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars\"
    --Oscar Wilde

\"New styles, new shapes
    New modes, that\'s the role my passion takes
    Visuals, magazines, reflex styles
    Past, future, in extreme\"
    --Visage

\"Take time to see the wonders of the world
    To see the things you\'ve only ever heard of
    Dream life the way you think it ought to be
    See things you thought you\'d never ever see\"
    --Human League

\"An 18th Century brain in a 21st Century head\"
    --Adam Ant

Agree? Yes No

Damn. I was listening to Suede in '94 ('93? When'd the first one come out) and was going to see them with the original line-up but the date in Chicago got cancelled and I never had the chance after that. Shame.

I still don't have their latest, but Brett and Co made some gorgeous bedroom pop that definitely got me through a lot of my rough spots. It's rare that a band's b-sides were often as good as their album tracks.

Oh well, this Monday already looks like it's going to crap. Guess I'll get ready for work...

RIP Suede...
    Visit deadbeatproductions.com for information on the new \"HaLO: The Best of Madtown Electro & Synth NOW!

Agree? Yes No

after suede, a lot of similar brit pop bands had a relative success. marion, mansun, my life story, rialto, and so on.
    i love the second album by marion called 'the program', if you used to love suede you just have to listen to that album.

Thread Information