Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Thanksgiving "Spread". Favorite part?

Agree? Yes No

Smile Your Thanksgiving "Spread". Favorite part?

When you are sitting at the table enjoying your meal, what is your favorite (edible) part of it?

I have a favorite that may sound odd, but it is incredible. It's B&M canned brown bread. I think it's baked in the can, and it's semi-sweet, with a molasses-like flavor. It comes with or without raisins, and is absolutely delish with cream cheese on it. If you can find it, give it a try!
    Jamie (Not getting paid by the B&M folks. )

Agree? Yes No

For many years now in our family, my parents or one of my mother's sisters have hosted a dinner party at a Chinese restaurant which the immediate family members attend. They do this on all the major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and Chinese New Year because we're of Chinese descent). Depending on the restaurant and who's hosting, the menu's different every year. But we always get to eat some great food and we don't have to clean up the whole house or wash the dishes afterward. Guess that's the best part of the holidays for us all!

I like seeing all the extra sweets around everywhere at this time of year. Makes me feel less bad for eating them!
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

I would have to say I like the turkey best. It is always my favorite leftover too. It tastes so good with garlic salt. Ah and the gravy made from the giblets is so good too. Oh call me chessy but I really like that Ocean Spray canned jellied cranberry sauce. Cannot wait until Thursday.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Oh, you're not cheesy Melissa, I like that Ocean Spray cranberry sauce too, even if it probably doesn't have all that many real cranberries in it!

A bit off topic but my boss recently threw a Thanksgiving potluck for our workgroup at his house. He cooked the turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes for us. Man, he's an awesome cook!!!! The talk is that we may make this a new tradition with our group. That would be great just so we could eat some more of his cooking!
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

Agree? Yes No

That sounds great. I remember ou asking what you should make for a pot luck. Was that the party?
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Yes, that was it. I was going to bring some candied carrots or mushroom saute from some recipes that I got off the website Anna gave me in that thread. But my coworkers overruled it in favor of the poblano pepper-black bean casserole which I brought. Wasn't all that Thanksgiving-ish as far as traditional dishes went, but folks loved it anyway! If you're curious, the recipe's in my journal...check the very last page.

Agree? Yes No

I will be sure to check it out, Kathy.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

A holiday dedicated to eating! I love this time of year, gotta say the traditional bird, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy thing is always a pleaser for me, I'm one of those guys who likes the taste of everything in one bite, so I pile it high on my fork before I inhale! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Agree? Yes No

Pumpkin pie is my favorite part of Thanksgiving..
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

My favourite part of the spead would probably be the turkey. Just me and the wife and the pups this year, so I am in charge of cooking. Should be gobs of fun...I have the local restaraunts on speed dial just in case!
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

jack daniels, cocaine and male prostitutes....JUST KIDDING!!! My family always does the HUGE thanksgivings and christmases...so honestly, my fav part is being with my famliy..they are very cool and a hell of a lot of fun...always a lot of laughing and sarcasm..as for food...without a doubt my mom's homemade stuffing/dressing....and my boyfriend is making his pecan pie this year as well!
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

Peecannn Pieeeeeeee.... (Said with my best Meg Ryan/Billy Crystal impression from "When Harry Met Sally").
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

I have a very weak spot for Pumpkin Pie.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

Yeah, me too. Pumpkin pie rules! Pecan pie is too sweet for me.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by NightHalo
    Pumpkin pie is my favorite part of Thanksgiving..

Yes my dear you are correct!!! Being a bigger guy I can attest to love for eating...Although funny, I only seem to eat once a day??? Ah well I love Thanksgiving though, it's the perfect excuse to eat all you can and more in a single day with plenty of leftovers for days to follow!!! Oh and people please don't get me wrong, the turkey and gravy is great and all, but I love my pie

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Hubba Hubba Hubba
    Thanks for the Grub-ba
    Yayyyyyy GOD!

(That was our traditional mealtime family prayer for Turkey Day. )
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

My grandmother and I are making persimmon pies. They are so good.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Isn't it funny that Rusty and I have the same Thanksgiving day menu ideas --sans the hookers, I am married of course!

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

My partner makes this awsome Pumpkin Flan. Wish I could have all you guys over to try it. I look forward to it all year. Yummy.

Agree? Yes No

I guess we could all fly into Newark for Obie's flan...hmmm...Obie Flan Kenobie!

HOLD FAST

Thread Information