Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Empire State Human's Liquid Blue MCD

Agree? Yes No

Default Empire State Human's Liquid Blue MCD

Ordinarily I wouldn't do this, but I'm so impressed I am posting this here as well as at www.synthpop.net. I've been rather outspoken in my dislike for ESH up to this point, so it's only fair I do this outspokenly as well. This is the review I just completed for the MCD, and posted to synthpop.net:

I going to declare it now. I've been a rather outspoken non-fan of ESH for quite some time. That has all changed. This is the release I will point to when people ask me, "what made you change your mind?". Simply put, this is the best release ESH has ever put together. Even the issues I've had with the vocals are gone (for the most part, but this stuff is just so good I can overlook the remaining niggling issues). Count To Infinity's John Giacobello aided in production duties for the title track, as well as contributing a remix to the EP. I must say, I may not have cared for his previous work, but his contributions here are extremely impressive. Both his remix and the title track are outstanding, and alone would make this release worth the purchase. And considering that "Little Alfie" has previously been my least favorite of all the ESH tracks, that's saying a lot.

The Synthetik FM and No Comment mixes just serve to underscore what I've already said: this is the best ESH release ever. Synthetik FM turns in what is easily the best remix yet from that project, and No Comment's slow mix is beautiful. This is easily the best MCD I've heard this year. I can't recommend highly enough.
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

i also must agree "Liquid Blue" is an awesome track ...
    my favorite track from Empire Stat Human was "we are industry" but after hearing "liquid Blue" i have a new favorite ...

the cd itself looks really cool too

jesse
    "jukebox"
    distress

Agree? Yes No

Amen Amen Amen.......

Bet Aidan would be pleased to hear that!!

:-)
    \"The love in the world begins with the love within ourselves.\"

Agree? Yes No

Hi all!

Thank you for your VERY supportive and positive review of the new ESH MCD. We're happy to be getting, on the whole, very kind reviews in general and really hope that we can continue in future to deliever even better and varied material. We've always that's we intend making at least 20 albums as a band (if we can get labels interested in future albums), so whenever someone begins to like our music and at whatever stage (3rd or 4th album), we're happy to have people who supports us in general on board!

Keep the faith and thank again ..... ;-)

Aidan
    ESH
    www.empirestatehuman.com

Thread Information