Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Concert

Agree? Yes No

Question Best Concert

Im more than sure that this kind of thread has been done before, but. What's the best concert you have ever been to?

Mine where- The Virus, The Voids, & Strung up. in december 2001. & The first time i saw VIERNES 13 @ south gate in Feb.
    BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET, THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Agree? Yes No

People expect mine to be E or DM but my best was definitely Duran Duran in '97 [...I think?]. No other show I've seen came close to this one, it was amaaaazing
    Nostalgia like a muthafugga in this piece.

Agree? Yes No

gee Ive been to so many .... very memorable ones:
    DM, VNV, Duran Duran, Heroes del Silencio, Red Flag, Pet Shop Boys, melotron.....so many....

I can tell you that the best one this year by far was the Beth Gibbons and Rustin Man a few weeks ago.....I was speecheless......
    Costa Rica Synthfest, April 1st 06
    www.crsynthfest.com

test

Agree? Yes No

The best concert of my life has to be this little depeche MODE show back in 1988. It was at the Pasadena Rosebowl. THAT was an awesome event! I've been to a lot of dM shows since then, but none were as special.

The best concert this year, has to be a tie between Martin Gore and iris. Both were incredible!

Agree? Yes No

Awww. Stephanie, you took mine. To date, nothing has come close to the legendary 101 concert at the Rose Bowl in my mind. I was on the floor about half way back on the right. Wire, Thomas Dolby, OMD, AND Depeche Mode. I mean, there was lightning and thunder during "Blasphemous Rumors" and you just can't BUY that kind of special effect!! As my car broke down on the way there and on the way home, it was one day I'll never forget.
    A04 of SoundMine, self-proclaimed electromilitant

Agree? Yes No

So hard to narrow down. The Cure in 1992 in St. Louis, Nina Simone on the Seattle Pier in 1998, The Razorbabes (my tattoo artist's band), Black Rebel Motorcycle club at the Crocodile in Seattle. Pop Will Eat Itself in Detroit, The Creatures, Boy George...god could i go on..those just came to mind right off...i have seen so many shows that have been amazing...
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

Mine was also a Depeche Mode concert. It was for the Violator tour back in 1990. I managed to catch them in San Diego on July 31, 1990. I caught them by accident. You see, the next day I was being flown to boot camp in Kentucky. I was only 17 when I joined the Army in 1990. :-) Anways, the hotel they had us up at was just across the street from the San Diego Sports Arena. ...and wouldn't you know it,...Depeche Mode (which was my favorite band at the time) was playing THAT night. So naturally...I went. After boot camp, I was sent to Germany for two years without a trip by home due to the Gulf War and I having to train soldiers going there (but that's another story). Anyways, a week before heading back to the states and back home (this was back in November of 1992), I ended up going to a record store in Schweinfurt Germany and noticed some bootlegs on sale. A DM bootleg caught my eye. It was called "Waiting For the Night". It was a 2 CD set. I look at the back of it to see what live show it was of,...and wouldn't you know it...it said "Live in San Diego 31 July 90".
    How freaking weird is THAT?
    The next week, I"m out of the military and back in college.
    So my whole military experience, started AND ended with THAT Depeche Mode concert.
    That's my story,...and I'm sticking to it.

EDIT: You know...after re-reading my post, I really didn't talk much the actual concert.
    Ok,...so I missed the concert Stephanie went to. I really doubt DM can EVER top that one. Though, I've been to ALOT of DM concerts, and the Violator tour one is still my favorite of them all. The use of the video screens through-out most of the concert back then was amazing. THey still do it, but not as much as they did during that tour in my opinion. The sound was also amazing. Also, not to mention that Nitzer Ebb opened for them.
    Best concert ever (for me).
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

Wow lucky for you Noir

I'm right there with you rustcwc - I've been to a slew of great shows, I can't really pick just one. Thats great that you got to see Nina Simone before she passed away... I have always been a fan of and admired her and her music.

I can probably say these are on my all time fave list: Adam Ant in 1982 in this little venue called the Capitol Theatre in Passaic NJ, The Basement Jaxx at Roseland, Duran Duran Roxy in LA (obviously) Madonna (Blond Ambition and Music tours) and the Damned *the first "Final Damnation" at the old Ritz NYC 1988?

Somewhere deep in the archives on EGN from maybe like last year there was a thread where people listed all the bands they've seen live... someone should dig that up. Its really interesting to see what other non synthpop bands inspire everyone

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by rustcwc
    So hard to narrow down. The Cure in 1992 in St. Louis,.

I have a soundboard of that show!!! It's a killer concert!!!

Mine would be:

DM 101 at the Rosebowl 1988
    Cause & Effect- The Edge Palo Alto 1992
    Lollapalooza 1991/92 (the first year was the best!!!)
    Duran Duran- Universal Amphitheatre I believe it was 1998
    Garbage- The Glass House Pomona CA 1995
    Provision- Synthcon 2002
    Cause & Effect- The Viper Room this year!!!
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Lollapalooza 1991/92 (the first year was the best!!!)
    Dan, this was the one that Siouxie played at right? I missed this show as I tend to steer clear of huge festival type of shows.

Agree? Yes No

The Cure The Trilogy concerts in Berlin.

Agree? Yes No

Von Magnet!! Saw them live once and it was the best thing I ever saw on a stage!

Agree? Yes No

Soft Cell last year in November was excellent, in the Wiltern in Koreatown. Duran Duran was awesome in September as well. I have been to a lot of small gigs as well but they are not the same as seeing one of those awesome bands.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Def my first DM concert. I dont remember what year it was but it was the tour for "Some Great Reward" . It was at the Beacon Theater in NYC. Book of Love opened for them. It was the first concert I had ever been to. I was in Awe. No other DM concert was ever able to top that for me again. Although the Black Celebration tour came close.

Aside from that I would have to say Kraftwerk in 1998. What a cool concert!

Agree? Yes No

VNV at limelight (NYC) during the Burning Empires tour and the future perfect tour.
    The Damned at Coney Island High (NYC) several years ago.
    The Cure (I saw them 9 times and I just can't decide).
    Bauhaus at Hamerstein Ballroom (NYC) during the reunion tour.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Nitzer Ebb : Ebbhead tour 1990. The kick ass. They kicked me in the head. I can be heard shouting "Control, im here" on the b-side of Godhead. I had to take 3 days off university through brusing etc.

At the international 2, manchester, UK
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Agree? Yes No

Jonna -
    "The Damned at Coney Island High (NYC) several years ago."

was this with Patricia Morrison playing bass?

"Bauhaus at Hamerstein Ballroom (NYC) during the reunion tour."

yay! was at this show also! wasn't it great!!?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    Jonna -
    "The Damned at Coney Island High (NYC) several years ago."

was this with Patricia Morrison playing bass?

"Bauhaus at Hamerstein Ballroom (NYC) during the reunion tour."

yay! was at this show also! wasn't it great!!?
    Yes on both counts. The Damned show was so packed it was painfull, but fun. And finally getting to see Bauhaus live, after all these years of listening to them, was a kick and a half. I went to it with a bunch of friends and we were all high as kites. A strange, strange night.

The Duran (Medaziland sp?) show at Roseland (NYC) was memorable as well.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Here is a surprise:

Duran Duran, 1984, Oakland Col., CA.
    Duran Duran, 2003, Costa Mesa, CA.
    Duran Duran, 2003, Santa Barbara, CA.
    Depeche Mode, 1986, Berkeley, CA.
    Madness, San Francisco, CA., 1985
    Not to mention Duran Duran with the vocal stylings of Jupiter 4, 2005!

BTW, may I say huzzah at Rusty's new photo? Very nice, Mr Rust!
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Mine was DM SoFaD tour at the forum, 1993, I loved the string quartet used for one caress...

Jupy, what's in your hand? It's too small to see it. cool shirt, too.

Thread Information