Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Punk Music

Agree? Yes No

Default Punk Music

Someones gotta liek punk music in here.
    BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET, THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Agree? Yes No

Cyber punk you mean?
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

I have a couple NOFX CDs, but that's about it...
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

I like the Subhumans.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

I grew up listening to Agent Orange, Descendants, Dead Milkmen...etc.
    Does that count?
    I remember buying my first Descendants tape back in 1987. I was such the skater back then.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

cool. i really dotn like Descendants, but its cool .
    BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET, THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Agree? Yes No

punk is more outdated than synthpop.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

Punk fan checking in.

While I prefer old school (Dr. Know, D.I.), I do like some of the new breed (Nerve Agents, Stitches) . Recently saw Narcoleptic Youth and Social Anxiety. Great show.
    \"The things you own end up owning you.\"

Agree? Yes No

Minor Threat were cool and early Black Flag
    \"You fat ...You ain\'t got a job. \"
    Boyz in the Hood

test

Agree? Yes No

i like punk, i love siouxsie(if you consider it punk) well siouxsie & the banshees is more like, post-punk, british punk LOL
    i like the sex pistols too

Agree? Yes No

I grew up on The Decline of Western Civilisation: Black Flag, TSOL, Circle Jerks, X, Germs...all from my time and dearly loved.
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Tubeway Army were good. I cant think of any others....
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Agree? Yes No

Funny that this thread should surface as I have been revisiting a long of my old punk albums as of late. Some of my favorites from back in the day were Sex Pistols (P.I.L.), Minor Threat (Fugazi), Subhumans, Dead Kennedys, 999, bla bla bla.

Agree? Yes No

I did think of another one that was good : Crass.
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Agree? Yes No

The closest to a punk band I like would be Avenpitch...
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

I dig X, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, NOFX, Rancid, Big Black, The Buzzcocks, Sex Pistols, The Misfits, The Clash and other stuff.

Mostly old. Pop punk makes me retch.
    Visit deadbeatproductions.com for information on the new \"HaLO: The Best of Madtown Electro & Synth NOW!

Agree? Yes No

Wire! Their earlier releases were more minimalist punk / post-punk; later they dabbled with more synthy and samply stuff, believe it or not. Their last 2(?) albums went back to more guitar-driven work, but I love them in all their different styles. Listen to their guitar-buzzing first album ("Pink Flag") and compare with their mid-80s "The Ideal Copy" and you'll hardly believe it was the same band.

I used to listen to a lot of Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, etc., but not so much anymore. Did see Fugazi in concert last year, for old time's sake.

Agree? Yes No

I am huge punk fan...primarily older 70's and 80's punk... there is a decent amount of great new punk out there, but it is certainly not what is being played on the radio and MTV...as for saying it is outdated..i don't feel that punk is anymore outdated than any other form of music...you are always going to have those that are stuck in the past, those that are influenced by the past, and those that are taking that foundation and building something original on it...Bands like AFI, The Swinging Utters, The Esoteric, Helvis, The Catheters, The Briefs, etc. are all great examples of modern punk...i could name others, but you get my drift. I grew up with the whole West Coast punk of the early 80's as well as a bit of the east coast hardcore and punk will always hold a special place for me...although i listen a lot more to electronic music these days, i probably identify a bit more with punk than any other form of music., at least as far as attitude goes...anyway...my two cents...
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

Well said, Chad.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Sex Pistols,The Wernt,The Dammed,UK SUBS,Riot Squad oh sh*t Splodgynous abound my Producer was the Guitarist. Went to school with Peter and The Test Tubes Son Peter Perit. Love Punk to be truthfull anything band after 1979 missed it . If were talking New Wave Punk Joy Division then acts like Hazel O conner appeared on the New Wave punk Exsplosion half of the 80's UK acts were Punk acts including Depeche Mode.

All this modern crap on Kerrang is Pop they dont have a clue about Punk. Punk was Patriotic-Punk came because youngsters were so fed up with the way Britain was comeing around ! There was a few US Acts that definatly were about in 1976 as well!

Cyber Punk: 1977-79 without Doubt TUBEWAY ARMY brought futurism and sci fi in to punkSCENE and craeted Mr New Wave and Mr Synthpop himself GARY NUMAN. Are Freinds Electric ,Down in the park,Freinds,You are inmy Vision,Me I disconnect from You,Planet Ice i think those songs say it all really!!!
    Punk gave us Industrial,Goth,Synthpop, and god knows how many others Scenes !!!

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

we we're figgin in the riggin because there was fu*k all else to do!!!
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Thread Information