Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Are De/Vision CDs available in your local music store?

Agree? Yes No

Default Are De/Vision CDs available in your local music store?

This is a major problem for De/Vision.
    Yes you can buy them with no problems in Germany but what about other places.
    I live in Prague and in Czech Republic itīs almost impossible to buy De/Vision.
    Thereīs one - REALLY big music store (the biggest in Czech Republic) - right on the Wenceslav Squere in Prague called Bontonland.
    Now thereīs only ONE CD available from their entire catalogue there and itīs - which is weird - DE/VISION Unplugged (i watch it randomly and itīs there for a year with no other CDīs added).
    You can buy lots of electronic music there, Camouflage, DM of course, Front Line Assembly etc.
    Are there some distribution problems?
    Prague is not thar far from Germany :-)
    come on Lorenz, just take your car and bring some CDīs to Prague :-) and you can also buy some Drakkar CDīs too and bring it here :-)
    The irony is that Prague is also Thomas most favourite city but his music is not too lucky here.

Agree? Yes No

I live in Stettin (Poland) and it's very easy to buy most of D/V albums, so I don't understand why it is so hard to get in in Czech Republic.

Agree? Yes No

Must be great to walk into a music store and find this stuff, not in the U.S. though.. Only major bands like DM, PSB and OMD and popular 80's bands are in stores around here..

Joe
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

STYLE single coming out in 2006.

CD # 2, coming out in early 2007.

Agree? Yes No

Here in Florida Uncle Sams Music carries all the D/V albums and singles as well as MESH and many other electro bands!!!
    www.myspace.com/bravenewworldmusic

Agree? Yes No

There's 3 stores here In L.A amoeba, vinyl fetish and poo bahs and most of them carries all of de/vision albums plus some other singles.

people from another planet living on earth today.....

Agree? Yes No

Our major store in Toronto carries all of De/Vision's stuff (good old HMV!) They also carry most other ebm/electro/industrial acts under the sun too. I luuurve HMV..

Tara

Agree? Yes No

I've seen De/Vision in a number of record stores around the Bay Area. I was really impressed the depth of the selection at Rasputin's in San Lorenzo when I stopped by the store last week, but you can find a couple albums at most Towers.
    \"Who doesn\'t love \"Born Slippy\"?
    -Neil Tennant on
    http://petshopboys.co.uk

Listen To The Best Broadcasts On The Internet
    http://www.geocities.com/djdaftmonk/radioegn

Agree? Yes No

Fallout:
    If they are in Poland then i donīt really understand why they are not here (and are they original CDīs not bootlegged?)

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by pedropedro
    Fallout:
    If they are in Poland then i donīt really understand why they are not here (and are they original CDīs not bootlegged?)
    i was in poland/stettin in the media marked, they have just legal releases, imported from germany. this shop is better than some german shops.

about czech: in 1998 there where some exports to this country by WEA records.

- - - -

if a record shop have problems in getting de/vision cd's , then they should contact me. with some mailorder we found a good solution for both sides.

but there are enough distributor who offered de/vision stuff , and almost every shop can order the cd's.

if you ask your shop why they didnt do it they might say:
    - to expensive
    - we cant prepay
    - we dont order enough for reaching the order-limit
    - we only work with distributors inside our country
    - we dont know the band...

Agree? Yes No

well, i am happy i have got all the cds thanks to online internet orders so my CDīs were delivered individually.

I think itīs just a shame, Czech R is potentially good market because there is strong electronic music fan base here (especially Depeche and Camouflage). I guess a lot of people know De/Vision but i believe - as you said (- we dont know the band...) this could be the case.

Also this mega stores donīt order other CDīs when the one already available does not sell. But what can you expect when there is only Unplugged available so itīs logical that sales canīt be big with limited offer.

Agree? Yes No

maybe the unplugged ep was given away for a massive cheap price to a special distributor....

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by lorenz macke

i was in poland/stettin in the media marked, they have just legal releases, imported from germany. this shop is better than some german shops.
    Yeah, I bought it there.

Agree? Yes No

There are at least 2 record stores here in Gothenburg who sell De/Vision's records. (all of them)

Agree? Yes No

Here in Athens you can find most De/Vision cd's as well (not everywhere though, apart from some specialized shops we can find it only at the central branch of Metropolis-that's the city's biggest record shop chain) except Unversed in Love: I've been looking for it for over a year, but I've never seen it, and I'm fit to burst that I can't buy it, since I'm told it's one of their best releases. And that is a problem if you don't have a credit card to buy it online. What could be the matter with that particular album? Can you people find it in Europe?
    \'We were never bored, because we were never boring...

Thread Information