Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: So I got that new limited Combichrist Cds.. and a ton of new stuff

Agree? Yes No

Default So I got that new limited Combichrist Cds.. and a ton of new stuff

The Kiss the Blade MCD. I didnt care for the album at all. But Im actually loving the MCD. The title track is killer; has the Halloween theme music throughout the song! Come on, how can ya go wrong if you use that? Anyway, it gets my approval.

Dependent Club Invasion - What a let down. The Pride and Fall I never liked to begin with. The Cds is just bad. Dismantled are trying to the untreated vocals route. I didnt care for the cds at all except the last instrumental track. Seabound was the best one of the bunch. Very good stuff. Im leary of the new Dismantled album and I thought their debut was great.

In Strict Confidence - Babylon 1+2 Cds (Nothing groundbreaking, same old ISC. Lots of instrumental filler tracks that arent too bad. A bit disappointing but I like ISC too much to be concerned)

Hocico - Hate Never Dies CD I didnt want the box set so I got the normal version. I like Hocico but the remixes really didnt do anything for me. Kinda bland release.

Snow In China - Mindsucker Cds This new band is amazing. Like a cross between recent Covenant meets Seabound. I like the original version of the song more then the Retrosic remix. Check this band out if you can!

Gridlock - Formless CD Sort of on the order of their last one. Pure IDM-Autechre type stuff. Its good!

Blank & Jones & Robert Smith - A Forest Cds Yeah its been out awhile but always out of stock for me. I like it. Its different in a techno mindless kind of way I guess. ;p

Absurd Minds - the Focus 2xCD Yeah I reviewed this before but after more and more listens, although its not groundbreakingly new, its growing on me finally. The song "Doors" is great.

Plastic - Black Colors CD Yeah im STILL raving about this CD. Check it out if you like Diary of Dreams' latest release. Very good band.

GOOD STUFF ON THE HORIZON YET:

XMTP - Experiences 2xCD Ok so I have it all already but im itching for the 4 unreleased tracks.

Taktical Sekt - Burn Process CD Lots of good remixes on this hopefully. Sounds good.

TOY - Fairytale MCD Lots of good remixes on this too!

Raison D'etre - Requiem for Abandoned souls CD What more needs to be said about Raison?

Diskonnekted - Jesus Raves CD This new band sounds really good. Like a "one to watch out for" type of deal.

Agonoize - Paranoid Destruction MCD Hands down, I think these guys are going to be my band of the year. The snipits I heard of this MCD are amazing: Suicide Commando meets Rev23 era Mentallo meets Haujobb meets Placebo Effect. Something crazy like that. Its awsome. Ton of remixers on the MCD too. WOOT!

Biggest disappointment:

Current 93 - Thomast Ligotti Book/CD - Thought this was C93 doing music for Ligotti's new book. Turns out its him strumming guitar and talking. sigh..

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: So I got that new limited Combichrist Cds.. and a ton of new stuff

Originally posted by Seraphic
    The Kiss the Blade MCD. I didnt care for the album at all. But Im actually loving the MCD. The title track is killer; has the Halloween theme music throughout the song! Come on, how can ya go wrong if you use that? Anyway, it gets my approval.

I agree! Kiss the Blade is totally ace. But I also love the album! However, if Kiss the Blade was on the album then it would definitely be the best track. The new IOC single Android is out on Nov 24!! Its backed with their version of Headhunter.

Thanks for informing us all on Hate Never Dies. I'm always doubtful when it comes to rmx albums.

By the way, Tactical Sekt is absolutely brilliant. Both CDs.
    For Eloquence the Soul, Song charms the Sense.

Agree? Yes No

I am going to have to hear more Combichrist, hopefully I will like them.

I heard that the new God Module album is pretty good, better than their first release. Does anyone else agree with this?
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Im picky. Had all of God Modules releases, got rid of all of them except the Perception MCD/CD. Thats the only thing of theirs I really liked. I did find the last album much better then the first one though. IMO at least.

Agree? Yes No

Yeah I never could get into their stuff. I saw them perform in January and it was just boring. The sound was crap and the show made my friends and I laugh. (Sorry to say)
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Thumbs up

I'm actually a big fan of God Module. Both Artificial and Empath are great pieces of music.

Its rumoured that Artificial will be re-released in remastered form with a second CD of rarities or something - on Sector 9 Studios - the label owned by Jasyn Bangert and the guy from Negative Format.

With Empath, Jasyn Bangert (now solo) follows up God Module’s debut outing Artificial with a collosal,
    powerhouse of a record. From start to finish, Empath bounces along with so much energy, melody and
    distinction that you just have to get up and dance like the Tasmanian Devil. The departure of Andrew
    Ramirez has definitely paid dividends. Production wise, Empath is faultless, and with a more focussed
    songwriting approach, this album is a huge step up from the magnificent Artificial. Highlights include As
    the Night Falls, with its chaotic yet cohesive electronic programming, and Reverse Inversion, which
    features a divine gothic-like female vocal. Empath is EBM of the highest calibre.

Reverse Inversion, Dear Dead Flesh, Curse, Lunacy are just some of the amazing tracks on Empath. Its a real high energy album with great songwriting and perfect production. Highly recommended for fans of dark energetic electro/EBM stuff!!!!

Buy it today!!!
    For Eloquence the Soul, Song charms the Sense.

Thread Information