Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand New Idol and Joy Machine 3 Day mp3.com CD blowout sale

Agree? Yes No

Default Brand New Idol and Joy Machine 3 Day mp3.com CD blowout sale

Since MP3.com is going out of business, we have decided to lower the prices on both CD's to let you get access to them cheap while they are still available.

For 3 Days starting now till November 17th 12:00pm(I'm guessing PST, the official friggin time they will stop taking orders), the Brand New Idol and Joy Machine CD's are priced at $7.99. After that they are no more, gone, caput, sayanora, bye bye for the foreseeable future.

This never has been about money, this is about letting people get access to our music inexpensively. I hate to say this but the Joy Machine and BNI CD's will be out of print for significant period of time. We won't have a CD available until we choose a new service to go with or we press them ourselves, something we had no plans on doing. So now would be the time to get them while you can. I have set the price at the lowest cost mp3 will allow me to do.

Great holiday gift suggestions following: Great Xmas stocking stuffers, sentimental mp3.com souvenirs, awesome beer coasters, spin the cd(if bottle isn't present). Great gifts for bris, weddings, divorces, first dates, love ones in jail, birthdays, new baby, first communion, the insane, etc.

http://www.mp3.com/brandnewidol
    http://www.mp3.com/joymachine

3 days left, go for it.

Regards,

Kris/Tim/Victor
    Brand New Idol
    Listen to our music - Click Here
    http://www.brandnewidol.com
    http://www.mp3.com/brandnewidol (R.I.P.)
    http://www.nysynthpop.com

Agree? Yes No

This is a perfect time for anyone who hasn't already checked both these outstanding bands out to do so. Hell, I payed full price a few years back and it was well worth it.

Agree? Yes No

I love it...
    life hands you guys lemons and you say f*@# it and make lemonade. I know you guys don't have to do this at all as a favor to anyone, but this is really honorable and think its' really cool of you all.

you guys rock
    XO

Agree? Yes No

I'll chime in with seraphim here.. these cd's are great, and you won't regret adding them to you collection at all. If you never heard the furor that erupted when the Joy Machine project first appeared on mp3.com, and have been wondering what all the fuss about BNI is about.. this is the time to find out. Get these cds.. you'll be glad you did.

And thanks to BNI for doing this!
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Default Hey guys:

Hey Kris and Tim ... if you guys are looking for a way to inexpensively press your CD, you may want to give this site a try:

http://www.cafeshops.com

You can use your own designs and artwork, full color screen CD label, nobody splashes any corporate logos over your disc or any garbage like that. You can also send them in a mastered CD to press it from on top of that. And the best thing about this service is that it is free. (The only catch is that if you want to sell more than one CD on your site, you have to be in their premium service). This is the perfect way to release your own music on a budget and no one will know it is anyone but you releasing and pressing your music.

The only real downside to this is, to purchase your own CD's on cafepress.com it costs $4.99 (for a paper sleeve CD) and $8.99 (for a jewel case CD) ... but if all you want to do is release your own CD's, it's ideal. $4.99 and $8.99 are your base prices and you can charge anything above that to make a profit!

If you sign up, please use "synthpop" as the referring store (hey I am trying to make a few extra $$ too ya know) ... this is an awesome site not just for CD's but also for other merchandising as well!

Agree? Yes No

i have to agree with everyone of you: great response and great CDs. Joy Machine was actually my first CD purchase online and i played both these CDs soo much I can't believe they still work. ha! Hard to imagine they won't be available any longer. That noone, any where will be able to buy them. So many people are going to miss out .... i'm just glad i have mine incased in that air tight plexiglass cube with the electronic high beam lazar alarm sensor.
    it\'s a pleasure to be here
    and an honour to meet you ...

Agree? Yes No

Synthpopalooza has a good idea. I have a shop at cafepress, but I've never looked into the CD plan, because...I have nothing to burn. They have a decent system and you can sell BNI shirts and lunchboxes, calendars, and EVERYTHING. The only problem I have is that the J-gov hits me with whatever taxes there are for importing the t-shirts, but the shipment came very quickly.
    A04 of SoundMine, self-proclaimed electromilitant

Agree? Yes No

I am the proud owner of two new CDs that I've been meaning to buy for ages. Can't wait to hear them, I've been leaching the MP3 versions for so long... so in essence this is just back payment...?

peace
    dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

Dave - i like to drive around and blast that JM cd, i think you will too *that is without the ladies in the car* LOL

i'm just glad i have mine incased in that air tight plexiglass cube with the electronic high beam lazar alarm sensor.
    LMAO! that's great!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    Dave - i like to drive around and blast that JM cd, i think you will too *that is without the ladies in the car* LOL
    actually they're already partial to Tim's voice, actually... their first words are going to be "Ride the Tiger"

dave

Agree? Yes No

LOL!!! oh my god!
    I can just picture it now - thats so cute!

i need to make bni onesies for them! i'm making bni tshirts for both of Amy's nephews... so why not!?

Agree? Yes No

I actually just bought another copy of both of them. I'm calling it my "hot spares", in case the ones I play wear out.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    LOL!!! oh my god!
    I can just picture it now - thats so cute!

i need to make bni onesies for them! i'm making bni tshirts for both of Amy's nephews... so why not!?
    hehehe... they'd wear them... atleast once... then, they'd outgrow them... i swear i should've bought stock in Babies -r- Us ... we're going to single handedly drive them to profitability!

dave

Agree? Yes No

hehe i can imagine, Dave!

yea we bought some spares as well.... like Kris mentioned, no tentative date on when that back catalouge will be available again.

Agree? Yes No

Im a little confused about something. What happens to the rest of the inventory that MP3 currently has for these CD's once the site is down? Do they get sent back to the artists? Do they get destroyed?

Agree? Yes No

Its' my understanding that you WILL lose data. The servers are being bought and restructured, they won't be backing up your songs. I think artists all got a "warning letter" of sorts explaining when the plug will be pulled.

Agree? Yes No

Depending on the number of sales per month they produce a certain quantity that they keep on hand in their warehouse. I bought most of that inventory they had and will use that to sell until I can figure out a solution to get my CD's back in production.
    Brand New Idol
    Listen to our music - Click Here
    http://www.brandnewidol.com
    http://www.mp3.com/brandnewidol (R.I.P.)
    http://www.nysynthpop.com

Agree? Yes No

Thanks Kris. That makes sense. Hope your able to find an alternative quickly.

Agree? Yes No

I got another copy of the Joy Machine cd as well...Thanks to a Christmas gift last year, I know already own two copies of Still Beautiful Falling Apart so I was set there

Both cd's are great, and hopefully they were all sold out by this afternoon!!!

I'm just a little sad though...I was sooo waiting for the Heads Up Display page at mp3.com that was mentioned a while back...Hopefully when the back catalogue is put to press and sale again, there might be some HUD in there as well...

Awesome job on both discs fellas, looking foward to the new BNI stuff all the time

DAN (Bumpin HUD/JM/BNI/ since 1999!!!)
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Hey Dan,
    FYI: I'm working on a new BNI site that will include some Heads up Display and really rare Car Crash Set stuff on it!

Thread Information