Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two Towers extended dvd

Agree? Yes No

Default Two Towers extended dvd

daaayyyyyuuummmmm

the extra 43 minutes makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE

i wont spoil it for those who havent seen it yet.. but you will be pleasantly surprised

Agree? Yes No

43?? I am going to have to get this for sure.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

You know I'd be all over this! It's awesome, brilliant, super!

Fourty three extra minutes does give enlightenment to many parts of the story that was hacked due to production and studio constraints! Just like Fellowship of the Ring EE clarified the story better for those who didn't read the books, so shall The Two Towers EE as will The Return of the King, though the theatrical cut of this last film will be 3hrs30min! I presume the EE will be well over four hours!

BTW, bring your tissues for The Return of the King because most (even the tough guys) will cry!! I'll be off to New Zealand next week to see it first on the 1st of Dec. so that will be 16 days ahead of the rest of the world! Cheers! Namárië!

BE AT PEACE!

Tal`liynë
    \"You gave away your life\'s grace. I cannot protect you any more!\"

Agree? Yes No

I cannot believe that Return of the King is coming out so soon. I am going to read through the book and get pumped for the movie.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Just watch the trailer at apple.com or aol

That will pump you up! Tthe book will be out of context because they left out some of TTT to put it in ROTK and vice versa! It's a tear-wrencher anyway and I don't cry, but I bawled for that! Do you really want to do this? :sobbing:

Agree? Yes No

Did ya hear that Saruman's death will be cut from Return of the King??

Anyway, looking forward to the EE of TTT.
    \"The things you own end up owning you.\"

Agree? Yes No

Thumbs up

Yes, but there's a huge online petition! P. Jackson had to cut it because of pressure from New Line! He's upset about it too, but hopefully they will come to some sort of agreement rather than leaving it for the EE! This is the final week where the film has to be edited, cut, and ready to ship out round the world! The film will rock anyway!!

Agree? Yes No

I have not read the book and I want to cry. I need to face whatever is in that book. (I hope one of my loved characters doesn't die ).
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

i'm watching the appendixes now for Two Towers... pretty interesting stuff... but no big surprises yet... must've been a pain building all those sets though

whats the official date for release of Return of the King for the U.S.?

Agree? Yes No

Wednesday, 17th of December '03 Worldwide (most parts of the world including the States!)

Have you seen the trailer?

Originally posted by melibita
    I have not read the book and I want to cry. I need to face whatever is in that book. (I hope one of my loved characters doesn't die ).
    I won't spoil it for you dearheart! Just brace yourself for anything! :sobbing:

Agree? Yes No

no, i dont want to see any of it until i see it in the theatre... except that they showed a few scenes in the appendixes on this dvd

its kinda weird to me that before they released the first movie i had no idea about the books... i may have heard of them before but i probably thought they were like fantasy books that were vague and boring... and now i've read all the books and i find the movies pretty fascinating.. its a story that is really strong and has something for everyone.... its like i dont even think of it as a fantasy story.. its just a good story

Agree? Yes No

Agreed!! Very well made and very realistic! People who aren't even into this sort of genre were impressed and became fans!

The first two parts of the trilogy have grossed just about 2 billion world-wide! Impressive for a "fantasy" film!!

You should take a look at this trailer however! It is very powerful and doesn't give anything away! You'll need quicktime and watch in full screen with the sound up!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/returnoftheking/

or

http://channelevents.aol.com/movies/lotr_keyword/

Agree? Yes No

Can't wait to get my hands on the extended Two Towers. I'm led to believe that some of the extra footage is either extended or new battles.

As to the furore over ROTK, I saw Christopher Lee on a UK morning chat show this week and he was furious about not being the final cut of this film. Asked if he was going to the premiere, he replied, "No, what's the point?". Very sad...
    \"Just go that way really fast, then turn...\"
    Every man and his dog bar John Cusack, Better Off Dead

Agree? Yes No

This movie will be so incredible, this from the the man who did "Dead Alive", lol! Seriously, I did not think I would like a fantasy movie as much as I've enjoyed these. I would like to think Tolkein would be proud.

test

Agree? Yes No

indeed, it just takes one word to describe these movies "perfect":nod:

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Tal`liyne
    ...Towers EE as will The Return of the King, though the theatrical cut of this last film will be 3hrs30min! I presume the EE will be well over four hours!

BTW, bring your tissues for The Return of the King because most ...
    3:30 ??!!! I'll take tissues and a nightpot also in case they don't make any breaks! Ouch!

As for Saruman's death ... come on. What's their excuse for this ? Too violent ?? Killing an old man is bad ? Really I would like to know why. What of all those Orcs ? Poor little Orcs dead all over the place and they didn't care!!! Now Saruman... that's a real big issue!!! Just kill the bas.tard and get done with it!

Agree? Yes No

Saruman will die, no doubt! But, what they are saying is that his whole death sequence which turns out to be an extra 7 minutes interupts the whole flow of the film because it would have to be at the very start of the movie and doesn't fit well with the remainder of the film! New Line Cinema wanted it out and under much durest PJ eventually complied, though he was trying to find an alternative solution! PJ says it will be in the EE version of ROTK if no other course can be taken! Hopefully something will be worked out in time! They say this will be the most powerful film of the trilogy and despite what happens to the whole Saruman episode, I tend to agree as the final book was equally as strong!

As for Christopher Lee not going to the premiere, I had heard long ago that he was unable to go as well as Cate Blanchett because of other committments! If it is because his scenes were cut, I would implore him to reconsider because he is a great asset to the first two films and because he is such an avid supporter of all things Tolkien (reading the trilogy once a year for example)! I know it was not intentional on PJ's part! We love you Chris (Saruman), even though you're *evil*!

Agree? Yes No

All of which just makes us more likely to buy the extended edition of Return Of The King....which maybe the studio had in mind in the first place?
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Could very well be!! Kill the corporate giants I say!! Ahhhh..ahem...well only after LOTR in it's entirety has been released!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by technosapien

its kinda weird to me that before they released the first movie i had no idea about the books... i may have heard of them before but i probably thought they were like fantasy books that were vague and boring... and now i've read all the books and i find the movies pretty fascinating.. its a story that is really strong and has something for everyone.... its like i dont even think of it as a fantasy story.. its just a good story

Well, this is just how "out of it" that I am:

I never saw any of the LotR movies until a few months ago, shortly after the Two Towers came out on DVD. I remember seeing previews and thinking that the movie might be interesting, but never went to the movies to see it because I almost never go to the movies. I was aware of the books because one of my English professors was a huge Tolkien fan. He quoted Tolkien ALL the time. And I had also read the Hobbitt in high school (which I enjoyed very much, but still didn't feel the need to go see the LotR). Then one day I rented the movies and fell in love. Went and bought the videos the next day. Now I've started reading the books and I have every available limb of my body crossed in hopes that I won't have to work on Dec. 16th so I can go to the whole marathon!!!!!

Also, has anyone seen the SPECIAL extended version of the Two Towers? It comes with a Gollum statue!!!

Krystal

Thread Information