Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: One of the most disguisting displays of hatred.

Agree? Yes No

Er, I don't think being gay is a choice at all. They have even shown physical differences in the brains of gay people as compared to straight people. Why would anyone voluntarily choose a lifestyle where they cannot legally marry (in most places), are hated and may be killed for who they are, among other things?
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by labrat
    Er, I don't think being gay is a choice at all. They have even shown physical differences in the brains of gay people as compared to straight people. Why would anyone voluntarily choose a lifestyle where they cannot legally marry (in most places), are hated and may be killed for who they are, among other things?
    Yes, I have also heard that it has been shown that brains look physically different between straights and gays. But I have also heard it has been discovered that it is the sexual behavior of the individual that transforms the physical appearance of the brain, and not the formation of the brain that determines the person's sexual orientation!

Hmmm... it seems to give all the more credence to the assertion that the most powerful sex organ is the brain!

Rustcwc,

It looks like I owe you an apology, even though I think you might have misunderstood me. And, admittedly, I think I might misunderstand you, too. I did not intend to stir all those emotions you expressed in your post to me.

So, if it's OK with you, let's start over. Let's try to explain ourselves to one another, because I perceive we are both very sensitive people, and we both hate being misunderstood!

First, I want to clarify I am outraged by Mr. Phelps. I am outraged by his fostering of hatred and murder. I am even more outraged he justifies his abomination by twisting Scripture. He misrepresents everything Jesus lived, died, and resurrected for.

Second, before I feel I could go on to explain my original post, I think I might need to understand from you what is meant by the word "homophobia". I mean, when someone of the homosexual lifestyle or culture (I assume there is such a thing as homosexual culture?) says someone is "homophobic", what exactly does that mean? What must someone say, do, or believe to be labeled a "homophobe"?
    \"Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
    But desire fulfilled is a tree of life.\"
    --Proverbs 13:12

Agree? Yes No

Interesting choice of music, Vertitron.
    If I may jump in here (and you know I will...), "homophobia" is the fear of homosexual persons. (Humor me here, I KNOW that you know what it means.)
    From fear comes many horrible things. The people who took Matthew Shepard's life were afraid of something different, and obviously were threatened by him. It's a fairly well-known fact that the people who have the most against gays, are the ones who see it, and detest it in themselves. Food for thought.
    What must one say, do or believe, to be labeled a homophobe, you ask? Exactly what the murderers did, and what Fred Phelps is trying to do. THAT is why this petition should be signed.

When it all comes down to it, Vertitron, it about celebrating a human's life, and not desecrating his memory after his untimely demise. It just so happens that Matthew was a member of the gay community -- which Chad and I are openly members of as well. We minorities tend to look out for each other. What's wrong with that?

If you don't want to sign the petition, don't. Just please don't turn this thread into a debate that it was never intended to be.

Best,
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Sorry for posting on this one so late...I had signed the petition a few days ago the morning I saw Rusty put up this thread...I'm the proud title holder of signature 66,732!!!

Phelps is a person that to be honest, shouldn't be given air to breathe let alone try and preach anything to anyone...I've always taken a firm stand against hatred and just about every negative "ism" out there so I signed without hesitation...

It doesn't matter who you are in this world, we're all human and deserve the same amount of respect...I love and cherish my sister and all of my gay friends

*hugz*

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Efreak, I am a big Pet Shop Boys fan!

I got over my paranoia over the extraneous information and beliefs that were cited in the petition, and I signed it for the main point, to oppose Phelps. I do hope the petition helps!

I'm sorry, I do tend to be very analytical.

I would like to discuss this later, but I need to go now...

Agree? Yes No

The "Extreme Gay Lobby" sounds like the waiting room in some sort of hotel, does nit not?
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Just signed. It seems to be up to 72371.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Vertitron
    Efreak, I am a big Pet Shop Boys fan!

I got over my paranoia over the extraneous information and beliefs that were cited in the petition, and I signed it for the main point, to oppose Phelps. I do hope the petition helps!

I'm sorry, I do tend to be very analytical.

I would like to discuss this later, but I need to go now...

I don't know if the petition will help, but you are my new friend. Rating you now.
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Veritron. Being analytical is not a bad thing. I make a point of never blindly signing, nor believing anything until I have done my research. I did not post this petition as a gay issue. Although it definately is an issue of someone being murdered for being gay, it is more an issue of hate and disrespect for someone that was tortured and murdered. I did not intend for this to turn into a debate. I will never play martyr or play the poor put upon me role, but as a gay man I do face a few issues that my heterosexual friends do not. I am not saying that their lives are any easier than mine. We all have our battles in life. I respect very much that you were willing to clarify and discuss with me your view on the subject. I hear the term "homosexual agenda" and I get a bit irate. I don't have any more of an agenda than any other person that just wants to live a happy life without risk of persecution and being denied basic rights. There are radicals in the gay community as there are in any group. As for the homophobic issues, I feel that Efreak covered that quite well. I think the term "homophobic" is a bit misleading. It is a fear of something different quite often, but sometimes it is just a general prejudice against a group of people as is racism or anti semitism. Anyway, thank you again.

And Jupiter 4, i love your comment on the extreme gay lobby!! Too funny!!
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

Well, Rust, just consider it my contribution to the debate!
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Jupiter 4
    The "Extreme Gay Lobby" sounds like the waiting room in some sort of hotel, does nit not?
    *ROFLMAO*

Just Gay: Will Truman?

Extreme Gay: Liberace?

Dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

Extreme Gay Lobby? I thought that was the entranceway to the Waldorf-Astoria...
    Jamie

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Signed ... what a jack ass

Agree? Yes No

LOL....extreme gay!!! maybe that could be a new reality show!!! contestants must prove who is the gayest!!!
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

Actually the New York City gay population would walk away with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
    Brand New Idol
    Listen to our music - Click Here
    http://www.brandnewidol.com
    http://www.mp3.com/brandnewidol (R.I.P.)
    http://www.nysynthpop.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by rustcwc
    I hear the term "homosexual agenda" and I get a bit irate. I don't have any more of an agenda than any other person that just wants to live a happy life without risk of persecution and being denied basic rights.
    I have to admit Vertitron's post got under my skin as well. No offense to Vertitron because based on his dialogue with Nukleon in the evolution/creationism thread, he will take the time to discuss. However, it is that blind "christian" agenda that would think it better to let a monument erected insulting a murder victim (in the name of god, no less) than be party to the "extreme homosexual agenda." I'm glad Vertitron signed it eventually but the hesitation is telling. It's precisely that lack of love, in a religion supposedly based on love, that makes the church's message fall on deaf ears.

P.S. Signed
    Just to keep you from danger, I am the law.
    WXJL Tonight Radio - electronix: cross-genre, cross-generation.

Agree? Yes No

LOL....extreme gay!!! maybe that could be a new reality show!!! contestants must prove who is the gayest!!!
    with a bonus round where there's 4 gay men and a "Metrosexual"... you have to find the straight man.

dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by djrandeesha
    [b]

I have to admit Vertitron's post got under my skin as well. No offense to Vertitron because based on his dialogue with Nukleon in the evolution/creationism thread, he will take the time to discuss. However, it is that blind "christian" agenda that would think it better to let a monument erected insulting a murder victim (in the name of god, no less) than be party to the "extreme homosexual agenda." I'm glad Vertitron signed it eventually but the hesitation is telling. It's precisely that lack of love, in a religion supposedly based on love, that makes the church's message fall on deaf ears.
    Thank you for allowing me to explain my hesitation.

Briefly stated, I was irked that the petition expressed more than its immediate objective to ban the monument. It also expressed sentiments against a forty-year-old monument of The Ten Commandments in Ogden. The author of the petition was expressing a view that it is better to ban all religious monuments, even if they promoted good, so that the county wouldn't have to risk allowing a monument promoting evil. I find that to be an extreme position, one that echoes the sentiments of an agenda to remove all religious expressions and symbols from public.

I was initially eager to sign the petition, but when I read it more carefully, I was disappointed that even in something as serious as this--that this would be something that most Christians would gladly come alongside homosexuals to defend their right to life and freedom in this great country--that the petition seemed to attack Christianity and Judaism in general.

I think most of us here know that Phelps does not represent the majority view of "born-again" Christians. He certainly does not represent Christ, who was full of grace and truth.

So, I had to think about it a bit. I just wanted to make sure I didn't attach my name to something else I didn't support. But I didn't have to think about it long once I saw Rustcwc's heated reaction to my post. It became clear to me I fell in the trap of thinking more politically than lovingly.

Also, in my political-ANALytical mode at the time, I got hung up on the word "homophobic". But I was just being stupid. The word just seems to have different meanings and connotations depending who you talk to, and I thought it was unnecessary for it to appear in this petition.

For example, I don't think Phelps FEARS homosexuals. He just hates them. I don't think he is motivated by fear, but by really bad doctrine, as most religious zealots. Look how Saul hated and persecuted the Christians. He hunted them down, honestly thinking he was doing God a favor. But when Christ revealed Himself to him, he became the greatest of the apostles, preaching the Gospel with love and respect.

I admit, I have a hard time praying for and loving a guy like Phelps. But if I and other Christians had the faith to pray for him, who knows... he could become an "Apostle Paul" to the gays...

Agree? Yes No

Phelps is just a Facist without cause! Strange how war and hatred always seems to come from Religeon ..I dont buy that crap he preaches. I dont belive in God, if i did id happily go to hell for sinning ! Christains wiped out my faith burnt 2000 women as they were witchs. they were women of Pagan Faith give me ODIN back anyday !!!
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Veritron. Being analytical is not a bad thing. I make a point of never blindly signing, nor believing anything until I have done my research. I did not post this petition as a gay issue. Although it definately is an issue of someone being murdered for being gay, it is more an issue of hate and disrespect for someone that was tortured and murdered. I did not intend for this to turn into a debate.
    And I completely understood that. I wasn't looking for a debate, either.

I hear the term "homosexual agenda" and I get a bit irate. I don't have any more of an agenda than any other person that just wants to live a happy life without risk of persecution and being denied basic rights. There are radicals in the gay community as there are in any group.
    That makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for clarifying that.

As for the homophobic issues, I feel that Efreak covered that quite well. I think the term "homophobic" is a bit misleading. It is a fear of something different quite often, but sometimes it is just a general prejudice against a group of people as is racism or anti semitism. Anyway, thank you again.
    I think I am beginning to understand "homophobic" has come to mean more of the latter. I don't think there is any other English word that means discriminating against the gay. It is the etymology of the word that I have found misleading. There are other reasons for prejudice other than fear.

Thread Information