Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any other history buffs out there?

Agree? Yes No

You could AP Euro in your senior year but I would not recommend it. That would be a very difficult class. I might take AP World History next year and AP Gov't. Sure beats taking calculus.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Hahaha yea, history is better than annoyingly difficult math....
    When a artist paints, they dip their brush in their soul, and with that they can paint life with all its vivid colors and aspects.

Agree? Yes No

Sadly for me, I was never big on American history. The Civ and Rev Wars are interesting but nowhere near as fascinating as European history. I just love the middle ages.

Agree? Yes No

Celtic history is very interesting but sadly there is not much on it except from Classical sources. I am currently taking Egyptian and Celtic mythology classes. They are very interesting and definitely dispelled a lot of stereotypes I had about their religions and histories.

For example real stories of Celtic gods and goddesses are virtually non-existant. There is no "Celtic" pantheon unless it is likened to their class system where sovereignty gods are higher, then warrior gods, and then fertility gods.
    Also, there tends to be only 8-11 century interpretations of their gods by Christian monks, so the real myths and attributes are not really there. Texts like the Tain and the Mabinogi are examples of these late texts.
    Archeology tends to be the best indicator of Celtic religion than the texts due to shrine sites, pits, etc

Okies enough of my rant... I could go on and on and you don't even want to get me started on the Egyptian stuff lol.

Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

I am very interested in history, and particulary ancient history. I`m also interested in general european history. I do find it kind of funny that large parts of american history are common knowlegde to almost everyone, while others are almost completely unknown. People all over the world know about the civil war and wild west/indian wars, but almost noone know anything about the history of the east during the same period. This also applies to a large part for european history, which is rather fortunate for the libertarians.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by NJOberheim
    Tal,

Middle Earth History doesn't count.
    ...how 'bout ancient history...y'know...the mythology known as the cthulhu mythos...does that count? cause you known it is all for real...

....actually, my brother is an "arcitectual historical preservationist", he studied native american and general history in college, then art and arcitecture in grad school and now hes gonna go to law school for related reasons...he's a really really archaic and bizarre history buff...he views history neither as fact or as (his)story, but as an art...i wish i could explain him better but...well he is very unique in way even i dont understand...

Agree? Yes No

The drum is trying to convince me to get a PhD in History...like I've not been at uni long enough as it is...but I must admit, I love the primary artifacts...reading ship's logs...
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Thread Information