Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other history buffs out there?

Agree? Yes No

Question Any other history buffs out there?

Finishing up my degree in Medieval Studies. Just curious if anyone else out there is a history buff? I absolutely love European medieval history. Any period. I also am big into WW2 history. I think just about ANYTHING historywise interests me. Sadly, I dont have the money to go collecting coins or armor or actual items (Though I do have some WW2 handed down things!)

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone else is as fascinated with history as I am, and specificly what time period/what places?

I actually have a dual degree: History/English. I love old texts like Beowulf, Song of Roland, El Cid, Chaucer, etc etc.

Anyway, Im hyper since I just finished up reading El Abenceraje.

Lemme hear your interests!

Agree? Yes No

I too am a history buff though I also know that much recorded history is a one-sided affair and is oft written by those who were victorious! I like unrecorded histories, legends that have become myth, stories the history book don't record and so forth!

I do adore medieval history as well as ancient (Olde World) history, as it falls hand in hand with my bloodlines! I have never collected any coins or real armour, but I am a very fond purveyor of ancient or medieval swords, daggers, gauntlets, etc.. We also have olde murals, very olde literature, tapestries, wines, goblets, and china from the days of yore!
    \"You gave away your life\'s grace. I cannot protect you any more!\"

Agree? Yes No

Tal,

Middle Earth History doesn't count.

Agree? Yes No

Without a doubt, I am one of the biggest history fans of all time. My favourites are classical Roman and 17-19th century British history. I watch the History Channel constantly!
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by NJOberheim
    Tal,

Middle Earth History doesn't count.
    NJ,

Wasn't exactly speaking of Middle-Earth history dearheart!

But, now that you have planted the seed! Tolkien did say that he wanted England to have it's own mythology that wasn't from the Saxon legacy or any other invader!

Remember....as they say....

"History becomes legend, legend become myth...."

Agree? Yes No

I was an English Major / History Minor in college, so yeah, I'm a bit of a buff. I primarily like Medieval and Rennaissance era stuff, but most of it is pretty fascinating to me.
    \"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.\"
    - Homer Simpson

Agree? Yes No

British naval history is fascinating. I used to live in the Bay Area and visited Drake's Bay quite a bit, and even rode on the (new) Golden Hinde!

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

I love US and World History in general. I especially like WWI, WWII, Frech Revolution (including Napoleon), and the Cold War. The Middle Ages was very interesting too.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Considering that I am Middle Aged, yes, the Middle Ages are very interesting, Meli!

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

I think ill be going for a minor in history... Im halfway there considering the electives Ive been taking. Right now Im taking History of Colonial Latin America and am finding it damn fascinating. Initially... I didn't want to take it, but it is required to have courses in different geographical areas but its turning out to be a damn good class.

Agree? Yes No

Oh yea, i'm a huge history buff.. Especially when it comes to WW2 military history...
    When a artist paints, they dip their brush in their soul, and with that they can paint life with all its vivid colors and aspects.

test

Agree? Yes No

I LOVE World War II history. I also LOVE European history. I thought about becoming a history major and teaching history in the middle school but decided against it. While I may love history, I love my little ones more (well sometimes). Heh!

Agree? Yes No

Does anyone know about Rune songs! A brilliant form of story telling through song passed on from generation to generation, but alas, it is dying in this modern world! The last of the great Rune Masters will soon perish as the youth no longer wish to perserve the tradition! Sad... very sad indeed! History will be lost again!

Ever wonder how much history we don't know?

I enjoy seeking these treasures out! You'll find many interesting tales if you poke your heads outside the books every now and then!!

Agree? Yes No

I am with you all as I love history. I encounter it most of the time in my Mythology major because one must learn the history of a culture before understanding their religions at times.

Most history interests me although I must confess that I have no interest in WW2 just because I am somewhat sick of it. (Nearly everytime I turn the History channel on there is something about WW2 or on of Hitler's men, ugh!)

I think the one history that I am really buff on though is that of writers through time. Also Egyptian and Roman history appear to be some of my better points due to an early interest as a kid.

Btw, my favorite Medieval stories in English are Beowulf and Havelock.
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

I've read history in my underwear... in this buff? paper cuts

not good
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

Ah yes, i must admit i am quite an Egyptian history nut... Especially when it comes to the Egyptian gods and such...
    When a artist paints, they dip their brush in their soul, and with that they can paint life with all its vivid colors and aspects.

Agree? Yes No

I am more into the ancient Celts, and their gods. Celtic history is great!
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Actually.. All history is great! except american history.. for some reason i am almost completely f.ucking sick of the american revolution and blah blah blah! Grragh! i'll take european history, thank you..

Agree? Yes No

I like US History, I am taking AP US and it is a great class.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Lol i've already taken the class once.. i am not looking forward to taking it again.. :: groans:: which i have to... grrr... I could have taken AP Euro this year, but that would mean sacrificing World history.. Which i do not want to do hehehe.. But sadly i cannot take AP Euro instead of US history.. grrness! i must be forced to sit through it agaaain.....

Thread Information