Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: 'the human stain'.......(movie)

test

Agree? Yes No

Thumbs up 'the human stain'.......(movie)

The story of Coleman Silk (Hopkins), a distinguished professor at a prestigious New England college whose professional life is shattered by allegations of racism and whose personal life is infected with the cancer of a lie he has been living for 50 years. His career and reputation in ruin, Silk begins a dynamic resurrection through two new relationships: one, a friendship with the writer Nathan Zuckerman (Sinise) who he intrigues with his story, the other a scandalous affair with a young woman (Kidman)........Release date.....predict end of 2003

:hating kidman: ):>
    2 of my fave actors!! can't wait to watch this!!:woohoo:

test

Agree? Yes No

Agree? Yes No

I just got this one on DVD yesterday........ haven't watched it yet though. I'll let you know once I got a chance to watch the movie. I'll prolly watch it tonight......... if I could spare some spare time....it's just so little time for leisure nowadays.
    \"The love in the world begins with the love within ourselves.\"

Agree? Yes No

I did see the movie for the premier of the Film festival here in Denver and I liked it ( I thought IN TH CUT had more things to say) although I thought that Hopkins was badly cast. The people I've talked to and have read the book hated it for some reason....but then again you can't compare a movie and a book.....
    Costa Rica Synthfest, April 1st 06
    www.crsynthfest.com

test

Agree? Yes No

indeed i would like you to let me know how this movie turn out, is not here yet....

SFARAH what do you mean by hopkins was badly cast??
    he usually managed himself to act very well:nod:

in my opinion....books and movies, are never the same, for the simple fact that one is made to read and the other one to watch...i personally never hate one and love the other....

Agree? Yes No

Just finished watching “The Human Stain”, I thought this movie has so much potential but didn’t deliver. Layered with intriguing human complexities and controversies, the movie could have become one of those exciting complex-dramas. But instead, the build-up was so slow, the actors weren’t up to their potentials, and the visual wasn’t helping at all. Surely the controversies-- a relationship of a man (played by Hopkins) with a woman (played by kidman) half his age, the lead actor alleged racist view, and the mystery of who he (Hopkins) really is, were the main delightful ingredients for a perfect recipe. Too bad, in this case, even wonderful ingredients can’t guarantee to make one enjoyable platter.

I suppose it’d be more insightful if I could give out what the real clouded mystery behind the lead actor is (what’s the real ‘Stain’?) here…………..but that would only spoil your whole movie experience. What’s the point of watching the movie when you already know the whole thing right of the bet right?

So, bottom line: If there’s anything that we all could learn after watching the movie was that not everything is as plain as ‘black & white.’ Are you gonna let social pressure (society) define who you are? Or would you rather let your own true life unfold and be brave enough to face all the ridicules?

See……as I have said, I love the idea behind the whole thing, it’s just the deliverance that I hate. Equipped with those Academy Award winners (Hopkins, Kidman, Sinise, and Harris) and a well-known director, I guess you can’t help but feeling disappointed at the very least.

test

Agree? Yes No

i apreciate you point of view FxBoy, thanks for sharing with me, i don't know when this movie is coming here

so bad to see your dissapointment, but who wouldn't be disappointed after watching this great actors weren’t up to their potentials....

hope to watch it soon
    cheers!

Agree? Yes No

You're welcome, Marion. Since you're so excited about the movie.........I suggest you hang on tight cos' I just checked that the movie actually has been released in the USA (limited release) on October 31, 2003. Soon, I bet you'll get to see the movie in the nearest theatre around your blocks. Cheers.......

test

Agree? Yes No

indeed, i think this movie will take a while to get here....

cheers!

Thread Information