Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello All...

Agree? Yes No

Sorry Morgan, I didn't mean to upset you more. I just wanted to get a little snapshot of who she was, maybe so we can share in your grief, if that makes any sense...

Well, if I was the woman, I'd want people to stop and help...I don't have a big enough problem in my life where I wouldn't try to save someone's life...

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by intervox

Well, if I was the woman, I'd want people to stop and help...I don't have a big enough problem in my life where I wouldn't try to save someone's life...
    If I was the woman, I'd want people to stop and help me as well.
    But, if I saw the accident and I saw that someone was already trying to help the guy in the accident, I wouldn't stop (if the person helping didn't signal, telling me to stop).
    A lot of people don't make the thing better....

Agree? Yes No

True, but that's not what Morgan said, he said people weren't stopping before he did, maybe you missed that, but you said that nobody stopping was understandable...

Agree? Yes No

Jup, I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through such a horrible experience. But I'm sure the woman was thankful to you that you offered her whatever support you could in her final moments. Bless you, and my thoughts are with you. These things remind us of how precious life is, and the things that are really important. It's not what you look like or how much money or possessions you have, it's what you contribute to the rest of the world and how you treat others. It's also a reminder that we should all enjoy our lives while we have them. Life is too short to spend it complaining all the time.

Not to start an argument, but I think Avil's point about people steering around the accident was that if people had already stopped to help, everyone else behind doesn't need to. Having too many people at the accident scene could impede EMS services. It is truly unfortunate that there are those out there who are callous enough to leave the scene of an accident when they are the first to see it though.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

I agree. Leaving someone to die all alone like that just chills my blood. You did the right thing, Morgan, you are a great guy.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Hiro -hdh ab 'wanath.....

May she (the victim) find lasting peace after death...

Jup..your presence and aid gave her comfort in the last moments in this circle of the world in a way that you will not understand!

The world has lost it's humanity for the most part, though individuals like you (Jup) still bring hope! Hope must be our beacon of light!

Namri
    \"You gave away your life\'s grace. I cannot protect you any more!\"

Agree? Yes No

I hope she found peace and she was quite lucky to have you around to help her. I wish people would drive better. On the way to school today I saw two dead deer on the road. Although no where near comparable to Jup's experience, I was nonetheless saddened.

More people need to focus on the road instead of having a billion distractions going on in the car like cellphones..
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

Cellphones cause so many accidents I am shocked they still are legal to use while driving in any state.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Way to go, Jupiter! Thanks for putting someone else way above yourself. And it is still costing you, too. Tragic incidents such as this suddenly make some sense out of the following:

It is better to go to a house of mourning
    Than to go to a house of feasting,
    Because that is the end of every man,
    And the living takes it to heart.
    Sorrow is better than laughter,
    For when a face is sad a heart may be happy.
    The mind of the wise is in the house of mourning,
    While the mind of fools is in the house of pleasure.

--Ecclesiastes 7:2-4
    \"Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
    But desire fulfilled is a tree of life.\"
    --Proverbs 13:12

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by melibita
    Cellphones cause so many accidents I am shocked they still are legal to use while driving in any state.
    Too true, what's even more surprising is that statistics have shown that more accidents are caused by cellphones than by alcohol.

Agree? Yes No

Thanks again, guys...oh, Voxy, putting her name up wasn't troubling at all...I do appreciate the sentiments very much. This experience has made me so much more aware of what is going on around me and incredibly focused as I drive. I also make sure that I always tell my loved ones--and that includes all of you here--that I do love them and care for them. It certainly puts things into perspective in a big way, and I have the experience (horrible as it was) to thank for that. I hope that I am a better person for it.
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

This very profoundly illustrates something 32 years of living has yielded me.

People need people. Especially in times like the tragedy you just described. We (as a people) don't take nearly enough time to give a damn about perfect strangers sometimes and we let too much slip through the cracks.

I catch myself being just as guilty... it's easier not to be involved. Well, sometimes, you need to get involved. Sometimes we all need to take our turn and take care of someone that we weren't expecting to have to help.

Bravo for doing so, Jup. Compassion is a beautiful thing.

Dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by intervox
    True, but that's not what Morgan said, he said people weren't stopping before he did, maybe you missed that, but you said that nobody stopping was understandable...
    I missed that, I though he meant nobody stopped when he tried to help the woman. If you are the first one to the accident, OF COURSE you should try to help!

Christina

Agree? Yes No

Perhaps I should have been clearer--people were trying to steer around the emergency vehicles instead of turning back (as the police had requested)--and, indeed, some seemed upset that their route was impeded!

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

*hugs Christina*. We both misunderstood.

Yeah, Jup, the thing that used to really get on my nerves when I was an EMT was that sometimes you'd have people honking when we were trying to do clean-up. Al, you probably know what I'm talking about, my friend.

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

eh ... stuff like this reminds us all how stupid the little trivial and petty things that upset us really are in life. We as human beings are not kind enough to our neighbors, friends and loved ones .... it is cliche but we often don't realize what we have to lose or have lost until it is too late.

Agree? Yes No

Sometimes it just seems like people have lost a sense of humanity--which is a very sad thing!

HOLD FAST

Thread Information