Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: The Movie Review Thread

Agree? Yes No

Default The Movie Review Thread

I watch a ridiculous amount of movies so I thought that I would share some short reviews with any film buffs like myself. Please do the same as I am always looking for something good to watch.

The Eye

A Japanese film in which a blind girl gets an eye transplant and begins seeing ghosts and ‘Reapers’. She then goes on a trip to find out about the original donor. If you liked Ringu (or the American version The Ring) you will love this movie. Very dark and creepy. Reminded me of The Sixth Sense a bit.

Dreamcatcher

Despite it being a Stephen King film and appearing to be a rip off of The Thing, I actually liked this movie. A town is invaded by aliens that grow inside humans and a group of campers with a type of ESP venture to stop their invasion while being hindered by a secret government group. There is an interesting twist to this story in the way of a retarded boy that I won’t give away. I found it refreshing that they showed the aliens quite a few times as it seems that monster movies these days play on more of the ‘shadows and flashes’ of monsters then actually showing them. The only thing that bothered me was Morgan Freeman’s eyebrows. What the hell was up with that? Did he think that he was Hawk from the old Buck Rogers show?

28 Days Later

I was so happy that this lived up to the hype. A ‘rage’ virus escapes a lab and infects people turning them into murderous lunatics. This film seemed very reminiscent of Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead, which are classic zombie films. This might just be a buyer for me.

Mimic 3

Rear Window meets giant killer cockroaches. It was all right if you are looking to rent a horror movie and have seen everything else, but the Rear Window influences became annoying by the end of the movie.

Versus

This is one of my all time favorite movies. A Japanese film in which a gang of thugs battle it out with an escaped convict and a mystery girl in a forest where the dead come back to life. Zombies, gunplay, swordplay, gore and black comedy. It is a cross between Evil Dead 2 and the Matrix. The camera work is incredible and the actors are perfectly cast. A bit long, but the action doesn’t seem to slow down.

Well, that is everything from this weekend.

Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Mimic 3?!? I didn't even know there was a Mimic 2!! I did see the first Mimic and recall relatively enjoying it. And is The Eye the sequel or prequel to Ringu?
    Just to keep you from danger, I am the law.
    WXJL Tonight Radio - electronix: cross-genre, cross-generation.

Agree? Yes No

My reviews--

Master and Commander: Far Side of the World. Fantastic and above board. Very true to O'Brian's vision and writings. Haven't seen it yet, though.

JAWS. This is a very scary movie, about a shark that eats people on the east coast. I liked it in 1978.

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. This had some pretty famous actors in it, but I fell asleep right in the middle. There were, I believe, some walking trees in it, so it gets a thumbs up.

Chasing Papi. I loved this movie. It was great!!
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by djrandeesha
    And is The Eye the sequel or prequel to Ringu?
    Completely different movie, but it is in the same vein of Japanese 'creepy' films. Oh, ya I forgot that I rented the following last week.

Wrong Turn

Now I wasn't expecting much of it, but it was actually enjoyable and it scared the hell out of my girlfriend. Campers break down in the middle of the woods and get hunted by inbreds. I was surprised at how gory it was to have been in the theaters. Worth a rent if you are a horror fan.

Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Not to be a nitpick...but it's 28 Days Later... to lessen the confusion Even though i know that Sandra Bullock movie called 28 Days was a horror too

Agree? Yes No

Ooooohhh... Tomorrow we are renting "Finding Nemo" and "Legally Blonde 2". I'll have something to report then. I missed them both when in theaters. :'(
    Until then...
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

I liked "Finding Nemo", tell me what you think Jamie. BTW, I almost stole Candy Carol off Doug's desk this morning to listen to it since my copy fell to crap, but I'll wait until he's done with it to listen to it again. Alice Everyday baby!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ericrypt
    I liked "Finding Nemo", tell me what you think Jamie. BTW, I almost stole Candy Carol off Doug's desk this morning to listen to it since my copy fell to crap, but I'll wait until he's done with it to listen to it again. Alice Everyday baby!
    Ya got the remixes (Of "Alice...")? If you don't, PM me... I do!
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

I have watched part of Willow and will finish it tomorrow, it seems good so far and has to do with a dwarf that has to save a baby girl who is destined to destroy the witch who is trying to kill her.

Tommy Boy - This movie was okay, it had its moments. It had to do with a slow recent college graduate who has to save the business he has recently inherited.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Efreak

Ya got the remixes (Of "Alice...")? If you don't, PM me... I do!
    Jamie
    You bet your bottom dollar I do my friend! I remeber getting that single when it first came out and being so happy to have got it! Ah, the days when I actually CARED when a single came out.

Thread Information