Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Any XP experts out there? I need help!

Agree? Yes No

Angry Any XP experts out there? I need help!

Hi;

I recenlty moved from my mac to the PC platform, and all was well until last night when my Midisport 4x4 decided to not work! I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and I got XP's Hardware wizard. The wizard is finding the drivers, and is attempting to copy them to the right locations (windows\system32 & windows\system32\drivers) then at the end I get the "Cannot install Hardware" message, and it complains that it couldn't find the file specified! So basically I am stuck with no midi interface, obviously being a big problem.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers, installing them again, deleting the m-audio entries from the registry.. my brain just hurts right now!!

I was hoping one of you might have a suggestion I haven't tried yet. I'd like to avoid a re-install of XP at all costs (I hope).

Thanks for the help.

John
    Addicted2Fiction ... http://www.addicted2fiction.com

Agree? Yes No

Um, I'm not an expert, but have you tried going to the website for your Midisport (I'm assuming the company would have one) and downloading the latest set of drivers? It could be that the current driver set you have isn't compatible with XP for some reason, since you've already edited your registry before reinstalling the software you currently have.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

This is a sneaky little problem. I had it recently too (it brought a recording session to an abrupt ending about a week ago, talk about a pain in the ass!). I'm not sure what causes it, but I do know how to fix it.

Click on Start, then Windows Update. It will load up the Microsoft Windows Update page. From there, allow it to install the little web application, and it will scan your system for needed updates. When it finishes, it will allow you to review them and choose which to install. I believe it will be under System Updates or Driver Updates. If you read through them, one of them will talk about a USB 1.1/2.0 fix for Windows XP. Choose to install that (along with any other security updates you might need).

Let it download and install the stuff, then reboot your machine. After that, plug in your 4x4 and you should be just fine.

This problem snuck up on me from out of nowhere. My machine had worked fine for a long time and then it suddenly hit me. I think it might be the result of a bad update patch that they issued for XP. The problem brought my USB support to its knees: my gamepad, Bluetooth dongle, MidiSports, Oxygen 8, all of them were unusable. Either way, the fix is available, just hit their site and get it.

-Mark
    www.djintrovert.com

Agree? Yes No

Mark, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! You don't know how many hours I wasted over the weekend trying to fix this problem, posting on the cubase.net board, on the DELL board, etc... I was dreading having to call the M-Audio tech support. Now I can go to work with a clear brain. Have a good one.

John

Originally posted by intro
    This is a sneaky little problem. I had it recently too (it brought a recording session to an abrupt ending about a week ago, talk about a pain in the ass!). I'm not sure what causes it, but I do know how to fix it.

Click on Start, then Windows Update. It will load up the Microsoft Windows Update page. From there, allow it to install the little web application, and it will scan your system for needed updates. When it finishes, it will allow you to review them and choose which to install. I believe it will be under System Updates or Driver Updates. If you read through them, one of them will talk about a USB 1.1/2.0 fix for Windows XP. Choose to install that (along with any other security updates you might need).

Let it download and install the stuff, then reboot your machine. After that, plug in your 4x4 and you should be just fine.

This problem snuck up on me from out of nowhere. My machine had worked fine for a long time and then it suddenly hit me. I think it might be the result of a bad update patch that they issued for XP. The problem brought my USB support to its knees: my gamepad, Bluetooth dongle, MidiSports, Oxygen 8, all of them were unusable. Either way, the fix is available, just hit their site and get it.

-Mark
    www.djintrovert.com
    Addicted2Fiction ... http://www.addicted2fiction.com

Thread Information