Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Marc Almond interview...

Agree? Yes No

Cool Marc Almond interview...

Here is an interview with Marc Almond discussing his present and past. It's quite interesting.

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/m...p?story=458894
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Great interview! Thanks for posting it. You know, Doug and James from MODyssey and I went to see Soft Cell recently when they came here to San Diego, and we all agree it's probably one of the best shows we've ever seen! Marc has a stage presence like no other! Especially when he sang "Divided Soul", it was great! it's sad that we heard that it was probably the last time they would ever be in our city again so I'm glad to have met him while I could. Soft Cell is, and will always be, one of my favorite bands of all time.....

Agree? Yes No

Yeah , I got to see them too last November and it was one of the best showd I have ever been too, wait make that the BEST. All I did was scream and sing along the whole time. It was so great. I am glad I had the chance of seeing them. I hope they do come back here again.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Interesting read. It doesn't look like the future is really bright for a steady stream of releases I'll enjoy very much. I have a special place in my heart for Soft Cell, as they were really my introduction to synthpop back in 1981. Hung with them for the entire ride but didn't really find much to dig in Almond's solo efforts. I would be remiss not to mention that "Glorious" is indeed glorious but the remainder that I heard wasn't very good as far as holding my interest. I guess I shouldn't dismiss his Russian plans completely but it doesn't sound all that promising to me.

Thanks for the link.

jc

Agree? Yes No

I wish Almond would go to work back with the Mambas at some point... *sigh*

Agree? Yes No

Thankfully he does infer that he plans to continue with Soft Cell in addition to his solo efforts. I definitely want to find that autobiography!!
    Just to keep you from danger, I am the law.
    WXJL Tonight Radio - electronix: cross-genre, cross-generation.

Agree? Yes No

I really enjoy Marc's solo efforts. I think he is very creative and original. He is a great song writer. I am not sure what the Russian folk music will be like yet, and I will listen to it with an open mind. I hope he does go back with Dave Ball and they put some more Soft Cell records. The last record had so much to do with getting out the rut of life and all that, I guess because Almond felt he had to explain why they hadn't released any Soft Cell stuff in so long. Hopefully their next release (if there is one) will be more open and have to do with a broader field of topics. I have faith in them. I love Soft Cell.
    M3L1B174

Thread Information