Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: how come clan of xymox doesn't know red flag at all?

Agree? Yes No

Default how come clan of xymox doesn't know red flag at all?

i went to the xymox show in buenos aires last week.
    i had the chance to talk to ronny and mojca for a while and i asked them about red flag. i took for granted that they knew them, but i was absolutely wrong.
    she said 'i know black flag'. and ronny just said 'mmm....no'-

i walked the buenos aires streets to see if i was so lucky to find some red flag cds. there were lots of cds stores with great stuff, i purchased some de/vision albums and i saw a lot of bands
    -apoptygma berzerk, mesh, iris- but i couldn't really find red flag albums. i only saw the special edition of naive art, crazily expensive at a cd store.

days and days after i found that one, fear of a red planet and the crypt , not waht i'd call cheap but i have to give up eating and buy them......no......

it's great to have the original cds, i found out that the version of so lie with me that i had was different. i assumed that it had to do with the fact that there is this fear series....

hello sandy. great to know you're reading us. i'd like to make you lots of questions.....

good to be here again. i missed you....
    hear no evil -monkey 1 says you shouldn\'t hear it-
    see no evil -money 2 says you shouldn\'t see it-
    speak no evil -monkey 3 says you shouldn\'t speak it-

Agree? Yes No

Well, Alejo, part of it is that RF did everything on their own after the Naive Art and Machines releases, which was both good and bad. It was good that they could do whatever they wanted musically and didn't have to share profits with a big recording label, but it also meant they were stuck being an underground phenomenon, because they didn't have anyone to advertise for them or provide large scale distribution of their CDs. Another thing is that people either passionately love or hate RF. There doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground. Also compounding your difficulty in finding RF's CDs is that Plan B Records is now out of business, so all the CDs are out of print.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Labrat really summed it up. Red Flag just didn't have the money to advertise nor did they have a lot of airplay (except by the cool stations like the one Dekadance does). It has been rare that I find anyone who even knows of Red Flag except here. They were and are a wonderful and very unqiue phenomenon.
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Agree? Yes No

Damn, don't get me started on even TRYING to compare the two!
    They BOTH kick booty, nuff' said....

Agree? Yes No

kathy and alicya, i know what you mean but i thought they knew them anyway.
    i gave my copy of the crypt to a bad and misterious goth boy fanatic of suede.
    i told him to spread them....

rising high on the wings of love up above,
    we are eagles so in love
    they say eagles, fall in love...

high above the clouds
    hear no evil -monkey 1 says you shouldn\'t hear it-
    see no evil -money 2 says you shouldn\'t see it-
    speak no evil -monkey 3 says you shouldn\'t speak it-

Agree? Yes No

I WENT TO CLAN OF XYMOX SHOW IN SANTIAGO, CHILE. AND I LIKED IT A LOT. IT WAS REALLY GREAT. SOME 1.200 PEOPLE WENT TO SEE THEM, BUT I SAW NOT MUCH OF US REALLY LIKED THE BAND. BUT IT WAS GOOD, ANYWAY.

ON THE NEXT DAY, RONNY MOORING WAS PLAYING -AS DJ- SOME SONGS , OF BANS LIKE 'AND ONE', 'DIE FORM' AND OTHER ONES WHO I DIDNīT KNEW, BUT IT WAS REALLY COOL. MOJCA & THE OTHER GIRL WAS DANCING NEXT TO ME, AND THEY DIDNīT WANT THAT SOME PEOPLE COULD TAKE THEM SOME PHOTOS, BUT THEY'RE VERY NICE ANYWAY.

I'LL SEARCH SOME PHOTOS, AND I'LL ADD IT HERE.

BYE!

a link to photos & videos in chile: (left side)

http://www.blondie.cl/home.htm

Agree? Yes No

That was nice of you Alejo to give your Crypt cd away. I hope he cherishes it as much as you do.
    Can you feel the satin sea
    So deeply blue, inside of me ~Diary of Dreams

Thread Information