Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Some older stuff thats really worth picking up

Agree? Yes No

Exclamation Some older stuff thats really worth picking up

So today I had one of those "Holy crap, I didnt realize I had this disc yet" moments. (I have over 3,000 CDs so this happens from time to time) Anyway, I went back and popped in some older/somewhat fairly newer CDs and gave them a listen as its been awhile.

Mindware - On Earth MCD. THis disc rocks. I hated their full length, but the mcd sounds exactly like SITD who I really like. In fact, SITD and Haujobb do some mixes on this. Its good.

Greater Then One - G Force CD - Ive had this for years. I dont think anything will beat "Ich Liebe Dich Mein Prinz" ;p

Prayer Tower - Halo CD - Remember Third Mind Records? What do you mean you dont? :/ Well anyway, this disc is still awsome. I dont know who I could compare the guy to. Its got its own sound really and was ahead of its time when it came out years ago.

Cyber Axis - The Final Sign CD - I think this is the only good thing they did. And it sounds *exactly* like Caustic/Tactical FLA.

Zero Defects - Run Level Zero CD - This disc is great. These guys are so underrated. I love this album. Very unique, hard stuff. (Im descriptive as hell arent I?)

T.A.G.C. - Iso-Erotic Calibrations CD - ITs ClockDVA, what can I say? Its godlike. It reminds me of something almost off Cold Meat Industries. But this is the only TAGC I like as its more structured then most TAGC releases. Sort of on the order of DVA's Digital Soundtracks.

U-Tek - I Am Moving Cds - What the hell was I thinking when I picked this up..sigh.

Non-Aggression Pact - Gesticulate CD - Where did these guys go?
    They are like the American answer to MBM. I loved their releases and then they just sorta vanished from the scene.

New Mind - Fractured CD - This is still a great disc. I dont like really any other NM other then this one, their first. Some classic tracks on here and it has its OWN sound!!

Steril - Egoism CD - Another band that started off good with Transmissions Pervous and then this CD and then just went directly to hell. Omg that garbage they had out last year? ugh..vanish please.

Numb - Death On the Installment Plan CD - Sigh..why oh why did one of my favorite bands vanish? :/ I remember hearing "Curse" long before this disc came out and just going "holy crap, the bass! This will destroy a speaker setup!"

Abcess - In Your Mind CD - Great XMTP sounding band. Wait..who are these guys again? I know they are in..hmm..is it Concrete Nature? Also a good disc btw.

Swamp Terrorists - Grow Speed Injection CD - Another unique and classic disc. I like everything they put out before they broke up. They are silly and use a ton of hip hop beats and sampled guitar but they are great. ;p

Klinik - Face to Face CD - What happened to this great sound? :/ I really dont like Dive much and the new Klinik? Jesus..

BiGod 20 - The Bog Cds - Overplayed but still a great song..

Fortification 55 - Atlantis CD - What happened to these guys? :/

V/A - Body Rapture CD - I wish to god some of these bands would have put out some full lengths or went somewhere: Brigade Werther, Aircrash Bureau, Frame of Mind..The tracks they have on this comp are great. Typical good Zoth stuff..

Putrefy Factor 7 - Total Mind Collapse CD - Another classic. I love this slow sounding stuff. Right up there with Mortal Constraint and Placebo Effect. But the lyrics stink at times.

Mentallo & The Fixer - Revalations 23 CD - Another all time favorite..sigh..what happened after "Where Angels.." ? I dunno..

Well Im sorry to type this all out. just weird looking around at some old discs.. anyone else ever do this? :/

Agree? Yes No

Any Front Line Assembly from the late 80's and early 90's is a great choice.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Old Die Warzau- Disco Rigido rocks the casbah
    N.W.A-Strictlyformyniggaz
    Nitzer Ebb-That total age
    Yello-Stella
    Zapp-Self titles
    Killing Joke-self titled
    Misfits-Collection II
    Zoth Omnog-Tenth Anniversary
    Junior Brown-Guit with it
    Nick Cave-Your Funeral my tria

Agree? Yes No

Yeah I pop in Initial Command and other oldies from time to time, but I had literally forgotten some of the CDs I had like F55, GTO, etc ;/

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by conditioner
    Old Die Warzau- Disco Rigido rocks the casbah
    N.W.A-Strictlyformyniggaz
    Nitzer Ebb-That total age
    Yello-Stella
    Zapp-Self titles
    Killing Joke-self titled
    Misfits-Collection II
    Zoth Omnog-Tenth Anniversary
    Junior Brown-Guit with it
    Nick Cave-Your Funeral my tria
    Zapp's "More Bounce to the Ounce" still kicks my arse!
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well I’m better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I can’t compete with that.\"

Thread Information