Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brainstorm - No more songs about love

Agree? Yes No

Well, if you check out Electronic Apeman from the new Karl Bartos album, I think you will get a nice surprise. It is about monkeys and robots.

He does not however use the word Monnkybots. ;(
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Agree? Yes No

Songs about Monkeybots eating bacon??? Could be a winner too

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

I love MonkeyBots(TM). you'll all love them too, just wait til my army, uh.. i mean, my fleet of them is ready.

Agree? Yes No

LOL, too funny, Anna. I can see it now... "What's the new hot, everybody has to have Christmas toy? "MonkeyBots, new from Swank Industries...they'll peel you like a banana."

Agree? Yes No

hmm, yes, well... i don't think it would be a good idea to let the children near them... especially when they throw FunFeces(TM) it may get messy and its quite toxic.

Agree? Yes No

OK, I was listening to Elektrodelica Disc two this morning and something Claude said in that interview occured to me that it might be relevant in this discussion:

He said something along the lines that he draws a lot of his inspiration for writing songs from seeing the suffering of others - be that either empathizing with them or try to work out their problem for them in song. Just something to think on...
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Jet - You should read this book i'm reading now called "Black Vinyl, White Powder" . While its about the music business, there's a lot of great anecdotes and stories about musicians lives (ups and downs) including some about how and what inspires them to write songs. Its a british book written by Simon Napier Bell, one time manager of Marc Bolan, Wham! and Japan.

you want inspiration by seeing someone who has suffered? watch this mpeg of Adam Ant from just last month:

From www.adam-ant.net :
    "To aid the Dian Fossey Highland Gorilla Fund, Adam and Boz Boorer are presently recording a remake of the single, Stand and Deliver but this time with changed lyrics to Save the Gorillas."

http://homepage.mac.com/dianfossey/iMovieTheater40.html

Agree? Yes No

Ive just finished reading that book : its a really good one. He is nicer about japan than he was in the sections where he was interviewed for David Sylvians biography ! LOL
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Agree? Yes No

The Last Romantic?? Yes I have read that one as well... and totally agree, for somone who managed them he did come across rather bitter... I can't get his other book here in the States... "you don't have to say you love me" - from the 60's? have you read that one as well?

sorry for hijacking the thread...

Agree? Yes No

Well to get back to the Monkeybots(TM), I was wondering, are they going to be given weapons, maybe a kung-fu grip??? My nephew would probably love one of these things this year for Christmas

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank

sorry for hijacking the thread...
    Wait a second -- I've been relaced???

Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Wink

Originally posted by Efreak

Wait a second -- I've been relaced???

Jamie
    Yeah, me and Anna tied you up and we are now the new thread hijackers. But take heart in the fact that we learned from the best! HA HA HA!!!
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

I agree to an extent that artist in general need to step out of the box when it comes to writing songs and not have every song be a love song..

But to be honest with you, to connect with most listeners, they want to hear something they can connect with, something that they may be going thru, and there is a lot of hurt and suffering out in the world, whether its love lost/found, emotional pain, depression or anything else that people can relate to, i'll write it..

Now I have written about other topics, but the stronger ones are the most serious topics, and yes that is about relationships, emotions, people in general..

Thats only my opinion..

Joe
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

STYLE single coming out in 2006.

CD # 2, coming out in early 2007.

Thread Information