Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anything Box -- The Effects of Stereo TV is here!

Agree? Yes No

Talking Anything Box -- The Effects of Stereo TV is here!

Just wanted to pass the word along that Anything Box's new album, The Effects of Stereo TV has arrived and pre-orders are shipping this week.

The Effects of Stereo TV is the follow-up to The Universe is Expanding and continues the band's current sound of rock and electronics. It also has a little flavoring of punk and a little psychodelica thrown in the mix. It's definitelty not old Abox, and some might not like it, but if you enjoyed The Universe is Expanding, or want a taste of something a little different, check out the new album.

Claude's busy signing the pre-orders, and there's still time to order directly through the band at:

www.anythingbox.com/share.htm

Pre-orders are $10 + shipping for a signed and numbered CD. Otherwise, look for the album to be available online and elsewhere in the upcoming weeks.

www.anythingbox.com

Agree? Yes No

Awesome news! The wait is over.. almost. Now I'm going to be watching my mailbox even more. Can't wait to hear what Claude & company have cooked up.
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

I don't know, I was'nt too big on their last album, I'm a "Moment's Shifting" kinda guy, so we'll see.....I like when bands test their limits to try new things though, so I must give em' props for that.

Agree? Yes No

watch how fast i -not- pirate this. T.U.I.E. was horrible.

dump the live instruments, claude! keep it synthesized!

Agree? Yes No

I find it depressing that Claude has sold his soul to the rock-devil. :-(

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by JonatanSweden
    Well, as long as he's happy about the music he makes, that's cool with me...

Agree? Yes No

Hey Steve, how can I buy the new album and few other CDs together? I don't found how on the site! I need to make two orders?

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by JonatanSweden
    Well, if its any consolation, the rock-devil doesn't pay a tenth as much as the synthpop-devil did. Shows me that he's just doing what he wants and I respect that.
    \"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.\"
    - Homer Simpson

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ericrypt
    I don't know, I was'nt too big on their last album, I'm a "Moment's Shifting" kinda guy, so we'll see.....I like when bands test their limits to try new things though, so I must give em' props for that.
    Erasure pulled similar crap with their acoustic stuff. Now Abox? Rock? I thought they were going back to their original sound!
    Ptooey. :-P
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

well well well
    helluvalots of balalaika hooks and mouth-organ whistles are back now via stereo TV..........whatcanisay?

that is cool!

Agree? Yes No

Here is another band that went down the tubes
    its so sad, cause I really really dug them.

It all started when daina morales left the band. From that point on, ABOX went to down hill.

Although I do like Recovered, Electrodelica and Universe is Expanding were just really bad music. I admire Claude him for trying different stuff, but it just does not do it for me.

thanks for head up regarding what to expect on this album cause I am not spending money on ABOX's music anymore.

got to draw the line somewhere
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by synth-master
    Here is another band that went down the tubes
    its so sad, cause I really really dug them.

It all started when daina morales left the band. From that point on, ABOX went to down hill.

Yep.

Jamie

Agree? Yes No

OMD went the same route and they just fizzled......

Agree? Yes No

I disagree on the OMD comment.
    I personally love the direction Andy took OMD on his own. Infact my very favorate OMD albums are Sugar Tax and Liberator.
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

That's right. Sugar Tax is pop and unique album.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Efreak

Erasure pulled similar crap with their acoustic stuff. Now Abox? Rock? I thought they were going back to their original sound!
    Ptooey. :-P
    Jamie
    On the release after this, Claude has said he's going to change things again, possibly more synth-oriented... no specifics though.
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

No, No, NO! My two favorite all-time OMD albums were Sugar Tax (great concert) and Liberator, no way in hell I would ever diss those great albums, it was that stinkbomb AFTER Liberator I was referring to, I don't even remember the name of the album, but I remember being at MODyssey's house listening to it going, "THIS is the follow up to Liberator?! ewww, it's all rocky and grungy!" Like Andy decided to ditch all keyboards and synths for some guitar rock or something!

Agree? Yes No

"Universal" maybe. It's only the album after "Liberator".

Agree? Yes No

It's fascinating to me how some things never change.

Case in point: Everytime Claude releases a new 'non-synthpop' record, one of his "promotion" guys posts release information all over EGN or similar electronic-music forums and it gets slammed with bitter retorts. Unbelievable. Obviously, the reincarnated Abox isn't targeting this particular audience or demographic anymore and it's quite silly to continue pursuing advertising efforts here.

As a hardcore 'ex' Abox fan myself, I don't particularly mind, but I can empathize with a lot of the anger on this thread. Press releases for the new album and previous recordings should be concentrated on more mainstream/pop/rock/indie net forums, magazines and radio (and perhaps they are.) EGN peeps are too passionate about their synthesizer-mentalities.

I do wish Claude and Co. best wishes with the new album, though. I'd be less than honest if I said I wasn't disappointed that the new record continues along the same, mundane path...but....what can you do, right?

Agree? Yes No

From what Steve has said on the A-box forum, it goes even further down that path. But, as I mentioned Claude has hinted that the direction will change again soon, so maybe what's after this will be more to everybody's liking.
    www.synthpop.net

Thread Information