Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Remix Anything Box

Agree? Yes No

Exclamation Remix Anything Box

Some of you may know that The Echoing Green is working on a remix of Anything Box's Clean. Joey has long had interest in doing a remix for Anything Box, and finally the arrangements were made and the necessary sound clips transferred.

Claude has since opened up and created the opportunity for other people to take a shot a remixing Clean as well. The file available is an mp3. It's not ofiicially a contest yet, but there's is a possibility that remixes submitted to the band may be on a future Anything Box release.

Anyone interested in receiving the files should send me a email at:
    baldeaux@flash.net
    with a subject of: REMIX

I'll try to respond back as quickly as possible.

By the way, the new album, The Effects of Stereo TV is currently available for pre-order, and will be out this month!

--Steve B

Agree? Yes No

Some of those in the remixers thread on here should really give this a go.. especially Midihead and Delobbo!
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

I personally have always wanted to hear a remix of "A Moment's Shifting", but I'm not sure you should mess with perfection.

Agree? Yes No

Cosmicity did a cool cover of that track on the "Self-Involved" Cd single...

But you're right, that would have made a great single (with plenty of remixes)...
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by jetjaguar15
    Some of those in the remixers thread on here should really give this a go.. especially Midihead and Delobbo!
    Excellent idea! Where is Midihead hiding these days anyway?
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Default It's alive!

In the darkness of my soul, Jamie

I'm here, I've just grown cold of this forum...Delobbo actually showed me this thread. I was like, "people actually care about me still?". Hehe. I'm touched!

No remixes planned, unless it's a paying gig. I just don't have the time for freebees. I can't even justify participating in the BT remix contest. Gotta pay the bills, and living in Cali is EXPENSIVE!

I've been extremely busy with my new job at ILIO Entertainments and making music for Television. Not to mention my latest commercial website venture. I'm also working on a new album... due out next fall.

OK, quick "hello" and love to Jamie and JetJag for supporting me! You guys kick @#%!

Meanwhile I need to find another place to hang out. Any ideas?

Cheerz,

-Midihead
    Midihead/Monolithic
    midihead.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Midihead
    In the darkness of my soul, Jamie

I'm here, I've just grown cold of this forum...Delobbo actually showed me this thread. I was like, "people actually care about me still?". Hehe. I'm touched!

Cheerz,

-Midihead
    Don't leave. I remember the forum(s) that got you peeved, but rest assured, you would be missed. And, yes. People care about you still. I *do* know of a great place for you to hang out though. How about the studio cranking out some more music? Remixing for Abox. MODyssey too, perhaps? Huh???
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

The Slothdog forums have been pretty cool so far, or the Echoing Green fan forum is a tight community... just some suggestions...
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by jetjaguar15
    Cosmicity did a cool cover of that track on the "Self-Involved" Cd single...

true that...true that...
    i really thought Cosmicity's version of "a moment's shifting" was excellent...

alrighty then,
    jesse
    "jukebox"
    distress

Agree? Yes No

Hey Steve! any problems with your email???

I'm trying to request the address to send my Remix, but after 3 emails in around one month I don't received any answer!

I hope you can read this!

cheers from Rio,

Freddy

Agree? Yes No

I'm definitely looking forward to The Echoing Green's remix of an ABox song. Especially if it's anywhere close as good as their remix of Iris's "Endless."

And I'd love to hear Delobbo and Hajas's remixes as well. Two of the best remixers in the synthpop scene today.

Agree? Yes No

MidiHead you kick ass!!!!
    Hands down best Remixer ever to post on this forum!
    Can't wait for the new album!
    www.myspace.com/bravenewworldmusic

Agree? Yes No

It'd be cool if someone took one of ABox's bad songs from the past 2 CDs and remixed it to sound like old anything box.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by fondlemywax
    It'd be cool if someone took one of ABox's bad songs from the past 2 CDs and remixed it to sound like old anything box.
    THANK THE GODDESS!!!
    I thought I was the only one who felt this way!
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

I am intent on remixing Kiss*The*Star but Anything Box I will have a strong think about. We are not a remix mob as such but are more than capable of makeing a heavy fat innovative electro tune. I think anything box has some gret material that could be remixed. The Thought Criminals as such are always open to new avenues ill have to think and decide on monday.
    My group is more Alternative Dance but we love our synths still.

kirlian
    http://www.thethoughtcriminals.co.uk
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Thread Information