Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Death. Does it scare you?

Agree? Yes No

We all going to die one day. There is nothing anyone can do to stop it. You just have to deal with it. It is a part of life. While you are still here, go find someone you can love for a long time.

If medical researchers develop fountin of youth. We have to start facing overpopulation issue.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by seraphim
    For me, it's not so much death or becoming worm fodder that I fear, it's age. The thought of slowly losing grasp on reality through the affects of age. I used to never dwell on it until I witnessed two family members go through Alzheimer's before dying. As for what comes next? Being a devout Agnostic, I really can't say and don't want to know. I'll find out when I find out I guess.
    This brings up an interesting point. I've worked with the elderly for all of my adult life. As we age, we want to share our life experiences with younger generations. (EGNers will most likely force the grandkids to listen to our music... ) This is why I feel it is important to listen to the elders. The wisdom that they share is invaluable; and the memories that they hold, to them, are their life. Listen. You'll want the same from the younger generation one day. Words to live by.

As for what happens after? Who was it that once said "Death is but a dreamless sleep"? Shakesphere? That works for me. I like sleep.

Originally posted by pop

If medical researchers develop fountin of youth. We have to start facing overpopulation issue.
    From what I understand, these worries about death (for the most part), pass with age. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "I'm ready to die", from a geriatric patient.

Jamie

Agree? Yes No

>>If medical researchers develop fountin of youth

Which reminds of an article I read concerning scientists who are trying to genetically engineer immortality by isolating the "Methuselah gene", and thus create drugs to slow down the aging process to a snails pace. Should be interesting.
    \"The things you own end up owning you.\"

Agree? Yes No

The problem is that the drug would be so expensive that only the rich and powerful would be able to get it or they would regulate it so only 'important' people would have access to it.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Strasser
    >>If medical researchers develop fountin of youth

Which reminds of an article I read concerning scientists who are trying to genetically engineer immortality by isolating the "Methuselah gene", and thus create drugs to slow down the aging process to a snails pace. Should be interesting.
    In my opinion, this is such a bad, bad thing. Look at what most of humanity does with the time it's naturally given. Just what we need, more time to mess up the planet and over populate it. We should just be grateful for the time we're allotted and bow out gracefully. If indeed science makes it easier for us to live longer, then I agree with what's already been said, we'll need look into population control laws. Pft. We need them as it stands already.

Agree? Yes No

I think that death encourages us to live life to its fullest and value every day. I hope that Amy's right...I do hope the afterlife has a Starbucks and a CD store...I do not intend to die with dignity--I mean, hell, I barely live with dignity! Why start now?
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Death is a solution to all problems for some life is death dearth i slife why worry we all die unless you wanna be frozen like me...in 10,000 years time i can educate the aliens on synthpop!! and dance to intewrgalatic beats and drink alien alchopops
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Groove Armada and a bunch of other bands beam their music up to the cosmos on a regualr basis, since many believe music and beats and frequencies are universal. Hey if it doesn't work, no biggie, but maybe someone's hearin somethin.
    Then again, what if house beats and soulfull vibes instigate violent alien attacks....now that would suck.

oh yeah, we are all gonna die. But live it up, sober, drunk, hate, love. Do all that shizzl. I like how Pop has become more romantic. Welcome to the other side, bro!!!!

Agree? Yes No

POP and KB : i can imagine death is scared of YOU !

LOL
    a330n

http://www.8inf.com

Agree? Yes No

Yes, Death is frightened...I saw him during my last faculty meeting and he mentioned the two of them by name...

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

Some live to die...and....some die to live! We cannot give it to them! Life....Death...brothers eternal!

We should not fear death, for even the very wise cannot see all ends!

**Those who say they are afraid are really afraid of their thoughts! Our minds adrift create fear and many exhaulted emotions** When death looms, why is it that most are at peace in that moment??
    \"You gave away your life\'s grace. I cannot protect you any more!\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by amyagogo
    I don't fear death, not for me. I fear more losing the people i love, but it's a natural occurance, so what can you do? We're all allotted time here, and it's up to us what we do with it. Absolutely, people taken suddenly is shocking and leaves us wondering why, but how i see it is the ol' cliche everything happens for a reason--good and bad. We might never understand those reasons, but why spend your time dwelling on it? Live your life the best you can for you and those you love.
    I agree with amy. I don't fear death either. My mom got sick last year and we thought that she as going to die, that was the most frightening and helpless period i've ever had in my life. I decided then that i'd much rather die before my family members as I don't think I could handle the death of my parents and siblings, but i think they are strong enough to handle my demise.

I like kids but I don't have any of my own, so while i live I try to give to the community, help my neighbors, do volunteer work, get politically involved, give my best at my job and try to leave a good impression. I try to be a positive role model for my nieces and nephews (and all kids) because there is a saying that goes, "you have to give back to the future for having had the privilege of living in the past", i live by this and don't fear death. I try to deal wiith life while i'm here and i'll deal with death when it happens (if there's anything to deal with in the great unknown).

Agree? Yes No

"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be around when it happens" - Woody Allen

I wrote a song once called "Death is a Trendy Thing"....it was during my Smiths phase, lol.

:woohoo:

Agree? Yes No

death? bahhhhhhhhhhh! hence the tag line.
    dont die...
    fen.

CTRL

Agree? Yes No

Do you think that the Grim Reaper listens to Death Rock? At work?

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

The life is all about fullfilling your life as if it was a movie.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

"pop" morisson.

Agree? Yes No

Death doesn't scare so much as Seraphim said, losing control over my own reality...

I don't want to end up 85 and wearing depends, relying on other people to bath me...I envy those who have the strength to care for the elderly such as Jamie does...I watched some of my family members go through their latter stages of life and they were always so miserable, and never spoke much, and when they did it was always negative and spiteful...It was almost as is they were just sitting there waiting to die...Thats what I don't want to become...Someone just waiting for my time to be up...When it happens, I want it to be quick and painless...I'm actually curious to know if there really "is" another side to life???

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

hmm- It's not so much death that scares me, it's how i'm going to die that scares me. I don't wanna die old and sick in a hospital bed. I dunno why people wanna live so long....you can't do anything when ur old, there really isn't anything for old people to live for...except maybe watching their grandkids grow up. I don't wanna die in pain either, like- get shot or somethin. I think the fear of death also relates to your faith...cause I believe in life after death, and if what they say about heaven is true- then what's to fear?
    // lost are the ones who love at all costs //

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by thattloser
    I dunno why people wanna live so long....you can't do anything when ur old, there really isn't anything for old people to live for...

How about
    Friends?
    Family?
    Love?
    Beauty?
    Faith?
    Memories?
    Travel?
    Holidays? I could go on, but I think you get the gyst.
    Jamie

Thread Information