Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Just got the new FLA Cds and Suicide Commando CD

Agree? Yes No

Post Just got the new FLA Cds and Suicide Commando CD

Well I had heard the sound clips on the Metro site before but now hearing it on my own stereo, I can say that they are both good solid releases. The FLA Cds sort of reminds me of an older FLA sound. I dont know how to explain it, but it has kind of a Caustic Grip meets Tactical Neural Implant sound IMO.

The SC disc is good. I loved the Face of Death 2xCD, so the CD was on part the single. Its SC, what can be bad? ;p

Agree? Yes No

I can't comment on the FLA single, but if it really is like a combination of Caustic Grip and Tactical Neural Implant, I'm sure it is worth buying.

The Suicide Commando cd, however, is excellent. Johan was able to add even more power to the songs than on Mindstrip, and keep his music from becoming stale. Practically every song on the cd would work in the clubs. The only disapointment is some of the songs sound very similar.The limited edition that comes with the dvd is even better; there is a really interesting interview with Johan that no Suicide Commando fan should miss. Good videos of Face of Death, Dein Herz Meine Gier, and the bonus remix of Cause of Death too.

Agree? Yes No

The quality of the picture on SC DVD is not so good. It looks like VCD.

Agree? Yes No

I honestly didn't like the DVD that comes in the limited edition. It looks too amateurish, the image is bad, the interview is not so impressive with him adding "or whatever" at the end of each sentence like if can't really care. I mean... it's an interview for the DVD... if it doesn't go well on the first try, try it again and again if necessary. His thoughts didn't seem to flow in a very fluid way when talking also, which I can excuse by english not being his native language.
    The videos are OKish... live videos with effects on TOP and with TV footage. Hmm... well... yeah...whatever.
    The discography section is laughable also... which leaves the gem in the DVD being the remix of "Cause of Death: Suicide".

The CD itself is brilliant, with Cause of Death: Suicide beeing my favorite track so far. I really didn't like "Face of Death" 'cause that main catchy synth-line must be the most tacky synth line I've heard in a song of this genre. It sounds to me like something I'd find in a song being played in a farmer rave party.TatataTATA tataraTATA tatarataaaa :| But then it IS catchy and sticks to your ear. I'm pleased in general with the CD... even if in some things it reminded me of Hocico while in the past it used to be Hocico that reminded me of SC... hmmm....

Agree? Yes No

ok, what am i missing? i've listened to Suicide Commando and I honestly do not get the attraction. do i have to listen to all of thier albums in sequence to get the punch-line?
    i like powerful sounding industrial, but the thinned-out distorted snares, mono-synth lines that play the whole track and god-awful lyrics really don't do it for me....
    -= | i.make.sound | =-
    -= | v01d | =-

Agree? Yes No

Digitalia I do see your point, and I question myself why I end up liking it also. But as Johan says in the interview, sometimes it's the simplicity that attracts people, specially on the dancefloor. I do agree that things get a bit too simple sometimes also, and that explain my criticism towards "Face of Death". The lyrics in this genre are awful most of the times anyway. The fact we have a lot of non-native speakers writting english lyrics explains part of it, the other is that some people should keep themselves busy with doing music only and asking somebody else to do lyrics. Writting lyrics should be more than almost randomly putting together words about death, pain, blood, machine, etc...

Anyway... I like my S.C. It makes me want to dance...

Agree? Yes No

I like both the new FLA and Suicide Commando.

Yeah, I agree the lyrics are typical Suicide Commando commentary, but I think the songs and the programing is solid. Johan has toned it down, I find this album is a little more melodic than past efforts. I give it "2 thumbs up".

As for the FLA it is nice to have Rhys back!
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well I’m better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I can’t compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Paradoxxx
    The lyrics in this genre are awful most of the times anyway. The fact we have a lot of non-native speakers writting english lyrics explains part of it,
    "Project Pitchfork, E-Craft and Funker Vogt, your english license has been revoked!"

The Gothsicles, "English License"
    (available on the "Halo" compilation from www.deadbeatproductions.com )
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

Solid yes ... more melodic also for sure, but his pallete of sounds could be more varied. I'm sure he can do that without losing the typical S.C. feel. He also abuses a bit of "choir-like-sounds" (pardon me for the lack of the appropriate technical term) sometimes to give that gloomy epic feeling... Take "Cause of Death: Suicide", "Face of Death", "Mordfabrik", "Sterbehilfe", "Plastik Christ", "Neuro Suspension"...

Agree? Yes No

Personally, I think the new SC is a bit below Mindstrip in quality. I'm getting a little sick of the MASSIVE repitition of vox, samples, and "simplicity" (in my mind, laziness) of the music. I can't believe it took Johan 3+ years to put this out. Honestly, it's got some good hooky stuff, no doubt, but the massive delay in getting it out is pretty laughable considering how little new ground it treads for him.

-Matt
    DJ Eurotic
    Visit deadbeatproductions.com for information on the new \"HaLO: The Best of Madtown Electro & Synth NOW!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by NullDevice

"Project Pitchfork, E-Craft and Funker Vogt, your english license has been revoked!"

The Gothsicles, "English License"
    (available on the "Halo" compilation from www.deadbeatproductions.com )
    I thought exactly of that song when I wrote that...

Agree? Yes No

ok, i guess i'll chalk that attraction up to a "guilty pleasure" for some, i have those too. but i honestly dont find the programming to be that solid.

i have to agree with eurotic on that one - sort of sounds "lazy" to me anyway. i cant help but think that the artist took abit of a cop-out and just twiddled a knob for the whole song for "variation". but that's the whole form/function debate of electronic music, dont get me started....

d
    -= | i.make.sound | =-
    -= | v01d | =-

Agree? Yes No

I liked the new Suicide Commando. It wasn't as good as Mindstrip but hey, I still thought it was cool. I haven't heard anything of the new FLA other than those little samples from a link posted some time back. Did you like it much, Seraphic?
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

I really do like the new FLA Cds because it completely reminds me of Caustic Grip type FLA and I loved that CD to death

Agree? Yes No

Ah awesome! I am going to have to invest in a copy of that CD.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

OMG the new Suicide Commando is FECKING AWESOME!
    I mean, I was offput by the last album...soudned so old and cliche...but damn...Johan musta taken a cue from funkerVOGT as theres a lot more oomphy rave trance going on, and it kicks ass.
    Ive gone really away from the 'harsh industrial' stuff in the last few years, but this has to be the best cd Ive heard all year.

"Sterbehilfe" an d"Face Of Death" are my favorite...I just wish SC had been this good all around.

Btw, the new FLA any good? The clips I heard sounded way too stripped down 80's style...and I love late 80's cyberpunk, Caustic Grip and Tactical ownz...but...I dunno, it sucks as that 242 new cd sucked ass...Im worried about the upcoming Puppy cd...grrr.

But man, SC's Axis Of Evil! mmm, the best combat trance next to funkerVOGT!
    .:\\\\.:PockyBot:.//
    www.pockybot.com
    a cyberpunk kid...a tech girl, and a ninja penguin...the wacky cyberpunk adventure has begun

Agree? Yes No

I've had an intuition that suicide commando would be a little poppier (not that they are pop) when a band starts to get some dancefloor play, theres almost no going back, seing the dancefloor packed to one of you're songs is a feeling that not a lot of musician will turn their back on, I personnally believe that SC has felt this effect, but they could not go too far cause it would of been an obvious sellout, so they moved in that direction carefully (I believe).

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Neural Shock
    so they moved in that direction carefully (I believe).
    Well, as I call it it's "stompy raver EBM", and it rocks! ^_^
    *breaks out goggles and glowsticks*

Btw, I just did a review of the album here:
    http://www.pockybot.com/zine/index.p...n=3&article=37
    .:\\\\.:PockyBot:.//
    www.pockybot.com
    a cyberpunk kid...a tech girl, and a ninja penguin...the wacky cyberpunk adventure has begun

Thread Information