Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: String Quartet tribute to New Order/Joy Division

Agree? Yes No

Default String Quartet tribute to New Order/Joy Division

I didn't know this existed until I heard their version of Blue Monday on the radio yesterday. Does anyone here have this cd?

Here is the link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...roduct-details

Agree? Yes No

Hmm. Seems to be a trend to do these quartet tributes.

So far the only one I've liked was the Balanescu Quartet's "Reposessed" which featured 4 Kraftwerk songs. The quartet tribute to the Smiths was awful. The problem with most of them is that the arrangements always reduce the song to sounding like elevator music.
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

Has anyone heard a band called Polyphonic Spree (I think that's the name anyway), there's about 20 in the band. They mix orchestral with a rock style, their vocalist has a Michael Stipe vibe going on. I'm very impressed with their sound.

Aidan
    ESH
    www.empirestatehuman.com

Agree? Yes No

There is also Kraftwerk remake by Terre Thaemlitz - die roboter rubato. Completely on piano

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: String Quartet tribute to New Order/Joy Division

Originally posted by Bedsitter
    I didn't know this existed until I heard their version of Blue Monday on the radio yesterday. Does anyone here have this cd?

Here is the link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...roduct-details

I bought this the first day it was out. Its good. The "Blue Monday" cover is horrible though.... what were they thinking????

krystal

Thread Information