Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Null Device update

Agree? Yes No

Default Null Device update

It's been a while since I've posted one of these, and miracle of miracles people have actually been asking me what we've been up to.

So here goes.

Work continues on "A Million Different Moments." We'd originally hoped for a release at the end of October, but we decided to take a little extra time to make sure everything was juuust right before it went to press. So the release date is currently unnanounced, but since all the music is written, recorded, and mixed and I'm just in the tweaking stage, it shouldn't be long.

This album has proven to be a lot more ambitious for us than Sublimation. Aside from the "bigger" arrangements, we've got tracks featuring guest musicians - some guitar, some backing vox, a small string ensemble, plus me doing some wailing on a few ethnic instruments. But don't worry, we brought beats, too. Lots of beats. Funk, breaks, 00ntz...

We've now got the live show well-in-hand, have been getting good reviews, had the privelege of playing with A23, Iris, Stromkern, Terminal Bliss and Stochastic Theory, and we're looking for new venues, bookings, etc.

The website, www.nulldevice.com, remains up-to-date because we're all obsessive about that sort of thing. We've also added a full blog for the band members to ramble about various things. And ramble we do.

A few of our tracks have appeared on comps recently - a new remix of The Sad truth (from Sublimation) is on both the Cohaagen "Living on Video" DVD and the new State of Synthpop 5CD set from ADD. Also "Electrified" (from the new album) appears on the "HaLO: Best of Madtown Electro and Synth" comp (also on the comp is a track by ND side-project Ensku, and a track by "m00ntz!" which I was involved with).

On the side notes, we've completed a few remixes for some people, including a mix of Axoe's "Calling", Distorted Reality's "Supercrush" and PTI's "Alysium." Both of the ND Erics have also collaborated with Epsilon Minus for the track "Road to Hell" on their upcoming release (and the track is awesome, too).

So things are afoot. I hope to have some new soundclips from AMDM up on the website soon.

Thanks for your continued support!
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

good luck with that all! I'm definetely interested

Agree? Yes No

Anyone who hasn't caught Null Device live yet is in for a treat if you get to catch them. They have a great sound, an animated, actual LIVE show (ie people are actually playing, gasp, INSTRUMENTS) and are a ton of fun. Unpretentious, gorgeous sounding, and damn sexy.

Oh, and everything I've been lucky enough to hear off of the new album (which is, I think, most everything) kicks ass. Fans of "good music" will not be disappointed

-Matt
    Visit deadbeatproductions.com for information on the new \"HaLO: The Best of Madtown Electro & Synth NOW!

Agree? Yes No

If you ever tour the south, EuroVision would love to share a show with you..

Joe
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

STYLE single coming out in 2006.

CD # 2, coming out in early 2007.

Agree? Yes No

Yo Eric... I want my remix kit... I am primed to rip some up!

Agree? Yes No

Gotta figure out what I want people to remix!
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

Send EuroVision some songs and we'll do a remix for you guys..

Joe

Agree? Yes No

I'm game if you want me.

Agree? Yes No

Whoa. You guys are cool!

Like I said, I need to figure out what I want remixed. And then once I have them, I gotta figure out what to do with them!

A few clips of the forthcoming album:

Easier
    Electrified
    Sevgilim
    Someone Else
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

Null Device are a band that are impressing me more and more. I love what you're doing with your new album and I think breaking the electro production 'rules' with the diverse additional elements is exactly what we need. Well done Eric & co.....

Aidan
    ESH
    www.empirestatehuman.com

Agree? Yes No

Ehehe, knowing the Erics, you ain't seen nuthin' yet
    Visit deadbeatproductions.com for information on the new \"HaLO: The Best of Madtown Electro & Synth NOW!

Agree? Yes No

Heh. Well, because you're being so nice to me, have two more.

Travelogue
    Unknowingly
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

I love these clips of the new stuff...

Cant wait to be able to purchase the new one and the old one..hehe..

I'm a Null Device fan!!

Joe

Agree? Yes No

w00t! Thanks!
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

Permit me to gush. I've just gotten a preview of the album in pretty much its final state. I can say without reservation (though it's fair to say I have a bias) that this record p0wns. Same solid songwriting and beautifully seamless production as Sublimation, but this one really steps outside of the proverbial box. Lots of cool touches of funk and rock with a middle-eastern flavor, but still staying true to the pop sensibility. Very refreshing. And hookier than a fishing tackle-box.

I've always looked up to Eric as a songwriter. Now the bar has been raised further still. I've got work to do. :-D
    Chuck Spencer
    Stochastic Theory
    http://www.stochastictheory.com

Agree? Yes No

I also recieved the album test today, and though I haven't been able to check it out yet, I have already heard roughly half of the songs, I think. What I have heard definitely, as Chuck said, pwns. Pwns hard. Null Device's quality curve is ridiculously steep from Sublimation to the new stuff, and Sublimation was already pushing the synthpop envelope. I absolutely cannot comprehend why Null Device are not huge in the synthpop scene, but I have a feeling that AMDM is really going to start convincing people that they should be. This stuff is totally the antidote to the stale "American Synthpop" formula.

*pulling my tongue back out of Eric's behind*

Null Device owns you.
    - BOGART SHWADCHUCK
    - EPSILON MINUS
    - http://www.epsilonminus.com
    - http://www.alfa-matrix.com
    -----
    - EPSILON MINUS - MARK II (am-1019cd)
    - on sale now at alfa-matrix.com

Agree? Yes No

Damn, I wanted to be the first to gush

I was able to listen to tracks "in the works," luckily enough, but after getting the nearly-almost-final version on Saturday I couldn't wait to listen to it.

I'll third the statement of "it pwns".

Being one who dicks around with programming and gets lucky to find a catchy arrangement, it's nice to hear a group that can actually *play*. Null Device takes chances, and it's so damn refreshing to hear music that isn't trying to be a dancefloor filler with empty melodies. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, per se, but it's so cool just to hear actual *instruments*, not just someone with their presets going wild on their Access Virus.

Null Device's new disc is going to be for people who enjoy MUSIC. People who can't digest anything meatier than an Apop or Icon of Coil track need not apply. This disc transcends 99% of the stuff out there right now. The only album of this genre that I've heard of the same calibre is the latest Iris disc.

So, as mentioned, it pwns. It's passionate, it's original, it's gorgeous, it's intelligent. Hot damn. Buy it when it comes out in a few months.

(end of gush)

Agree? Yes No

Goodness. You guys are awfully nice to us.
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

Wink

Originally posted by NullDevice
    Goodness. You guys are awfully nice to us.

Hmmmmm. I'm afraid I have to take back everything I said. The check bounced.
    Chuck Spencer
    Stochastic Theory
    http://www.stochastictheory.com

Agree? Yes No

C'mon man, you know I'm good for it!
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Thread Information